Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

trash removed from fishing?!?

was reading up on that fishing derby and boy did it sound interesting. but part of the blue post caught my attention....

It is said that these sharks’ favorite meal are the bite-sized Pygmy Suckerfish. Perhaps a hook in their waters will do the trick. Because of the increased concentration of fish, you have an increased chance to catch a shark from fishing pools. Don't forget, in patch 3.3.0 you never catch trash from fishing pools, regardless of skill.

ORLY?!

after analyzing that sentence for a while, i came up with 3 possibilities(2 of which omitted now, as the PTRs have proven the third)

-without trash drops, since we can fish everywhere already, a level 1 fisherman would have the same ability to fish as a maxed out 612 skill fisherman. (or whatever the cap was, around there) (Proven, but only in schools, not open water)

ok so that's scrap fishing as a skill and give it to everybody....then give us +15 skill boots and +5 skill "Enchant Gloves - Angler". What?

discuss ???

adding a note here, yes i'm aware that it says fishing pools, but that still makes up 90% of fishing, only really worthwhile place to open water fish is wintergrasp. :-\

it is now confirmed on the PTRs that someone with level 1 fishing skill got 5 straight fish in a school, then fished in open water and got all junk. sooo....yea. :'( leveling fishing to be all but dead except the occasional valuable open water. (dalaran fountain, wintergrasp, a few old world fish that you might want for cooking : )

I am determined now that this adding skill when skill is no longer needed means something. I can almost guarantee they are planning a future fishing update which will require some + to fishing to do, or they simply wouldn't be making these.
    basically: hold on to your nat pagle fishing contest poles, + fishing may get a use later. (if ONLY blizzard would tell us what that was :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Re: trash removed from fishing?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue
    Don't forget, in patch 3.3.0 you never catch trash from fishing pools, regardless of skill.
    Reread the bold part.

You said it yourself...

Don't forget, in patch 3.3.0 you never catch trash from fishing pools, regardless of skill.
    you never catch trash from fishing pools
    catch trash from fishing pools
    fishing pools
    ???

lrn2read imo.

it's only in schools.

Fishing is so nub now.

Quote Originally Posted by Architect
    Fishing is so nub now.
    wow a secondary profession
    Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma
    I found myself in a magical setup the other week and my damage dropped through the floor like a 90 year olds tits

Quote Originally Posted by Marithas
    wow a secondary profession
    YOUR JIGGLYPUFF SCARES ME O.O
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

When can I cook things with lvl skill? Is there a point to have already leveled up fishing?
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

who DOESN'T fish from schools, besides wintergrasp :
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

15+ Year Old Account

moar cater to teh casuals, AHHHH THE SKY IS FALLING!!

i cant be bothered with trash while fishing
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnometerry
    lrn2read imo, stay in school.
    FIXED!

This is complete BS, even the highest level fishermen fish from schools, because it's guaranteed to get the fish you want. So what is the point of fishing skill? GG Blizz.
    I'm sorry, but i just have to tell you that you are an ignorant, closed minded fool, and you need to chill out, think more, and quit being such a douche. Your responses are shrill, closed minded, and ignorant. You need to think outside the box sometimes, and realize its blizzards game and you are not ghostcrawler.

Was surprised by the changes aswell. If you can't catch trash from pools anymore, what's the use of high fishing-skills?

The only thing I can think of (what would be evil) is that you'll just catch other crap fish from the pool, instead of the fish actually in the pool with a low skill level. The higher the level, the more chance you'll catch the actual 'pool-fish'.

Doubt they'll do something like that though.
    Pilot: We've got a little situation ladies and gentlemen.
    Samuel: What seems to be the problem, Mr. pilot, sir?
    Pilot: There are snakes on the plane.
    Samuel: FFFFFFUUUUUU

is there a point to level fishing
    Quote from: JonTargaryen on October 10, 2009, 09:16:46 pm
    Jaina isn't thinking with her head, she's thinking with her jaina.

Quote Originally Posted by Recompence

I guess some people have found a way to make money off of it....Level it if you're bored lol, and I think it's the only skill that you can get to 700 something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You are correct that a lot of players moan about things being too easy without having seen the content personally. We definitely place less emphasis on their feedback than on people who have actually tried those encounters.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...=1&pageNo=4#72

10+ Year Old Account

DAMN CASUAL FRIENDLY FISHING WTF BLIZZ > > > > > > > > >

I leveled my fishing skills solely from the Dalaran fishing dailies (tried getting one of the rare fishing poles).

There really isn't a point in it unless you want to use one of the 300+ skill fishing poles.

Not having to pay idiotic prices for buff foods was my main reason to level it. But now that that has been cleared out if the way, it was useless yes.

(I also wasn't very lucky catching Old Crafty. Just kept on going till I got that bugger.)
    Pilot: We've got a little situation ladies and gentlemen.
    Samuel: What seems to be the problem, Mr. pilot, sir?
    Pilot: There are snakes on the plane.
    Samuel: FFFFFFUUUUUU

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Jÿnks
    I leveled my fishing skills solely from the Dalaran fishing dailies (tried getting one of the rare fishing poles).

There really isn't a point in it unless you want to use one of the 300+ skill fishing poles.
    Yeah because fish feast mats don't sell well.

Quote Originally Posted by Moosedrool
    Yeah because fish feast mats don't sell well.
    Do they? lol. I've never even bothered to check, I mostly fish in the Dalaran sewers for that damn pet >