Bartender4 Question

I'm a bit stumped on this one. The "look" of my action bars changed out of nowhere today. I didn't adjust any settings, I just logged in and noticed that things didn't look the same. I cannot figure out what setting I need to fix to get things back to normal, so I'm hoping someone out there might know.

Here is what my action bars should look like:

And here is what they changed to out of the blue:

Any help figuring out wtf changed, would be much appreciated.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Bartender4 Question

Looks like you installed ButtonFacade... or deleted the ButtonFacade skin you'd had installed before.

I've never, and still don't have ButtonFacade installed. I could have sworn there was some option in Bartender back in the day when I set it up, but I can't find anything now.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Seems like some of the action bars changed completely, new ones appeared and some had just a couple buttons added.

Did you activate your dual spec by any chance? Doing that changes all bars to your "secondary spec bars". If you did, just respec to your primary spec and they should be back to normal, as your bar setup is saved for both specs.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

The original picture is old, that is why it appears some buttons were added and changed. I just had to search for an image to show what the buttons used to look like before the inexplicable change. I could have sworn there was a setting tucked away somewhere to get rid of the border around each button.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Maybe - if there is, it'll let you choose between "Blizzard", "Zoomed", and "Dreamlayout" or something like that. It's been a long time since I've used Bartender.

I am experiencing the same issue that cropped up over the last few days, the BT4 bars have a thick frame around them that appeared mysteriously.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Always check skin settings first.

Also, are you using a release version of BT4 or alpha versions? I myself am using alpha versions and do not experience this problem. If anyone should be affected, it would most likely be me or any other user of alpha versions.

So, since this probably doesn't have anything to do with BT itself, you should check for interference from other addons. ButtonFacade or whatever you're using to skin your bars is where i'd start looking.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Well I use skinner but Bartender isn't one of the addons it even skins, so still not sure what the problem is. Yep using alpha versions.

Also another side effect from this bug is my DBM bars used to show up opaque over my Bartender bars and now they are doing that thing where they dodge behind and in front of it making the text unreadable... I'll keep a lookout for new versions of these related addons soon.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

thats happened to me when i have switched from resto to boom and sometimes when i am running around in kitty form i will press dash and like all my buttons will sometimes change.

Looks to me like the button zoom feature turned itself on.

Edit: Check the link to see what I mean. Link

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

That's most likely it, DesolatedMaggot. At least for the OP's first issue.

For some reason that "Zoom" check box disappeared from my Bartender options, thus my frustration. I installed ButtonFacade and was able to select Zoom and all is well now. Thanks for your help

I had the problem where Shift+Mouse Wheel moved my bars around everywhere so it was in the same layout as before, but just different spells there...
    Didn't know how to fix it so I just bound some useless macros to mousewheel.

If you are using Windows Vista (don't know with Windows 7), when you run the game as administrator it runs a different configuration (at least it happens to me) than if you run it normally. Make sure it's not it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainz
    I had the problem where Shift+Mouse Wheel moved my bars around everywhere so it was in the same layout as before, but just different spells there...
    Didn't know how to fix it so I just bound some useless macros to mousewheel.
    You can turn this off in the State Configuration options... The Actionbar Paging is the option you'll wanna uncheck.

Quote Originally Posted by DesolatedMaggot
    You can turn this off in the State Configuration options... The Actionbar Paging is the option you'll wanna uncheck.
    Thanks for that.