getting frustraited, need dps help

so i have the gear and gemed arp/grimtoll, most of my gear is 245 using evis only, but the problem that im getting is that its hard for me to break into 6-7k range in sustained dps.

spread sheets are puting me at 7.8k dps and when i use recount to check my dps at the end of the fight its only getting to about 5.8-6.2k dps. sure i can burst at the start to near 7k or more using bf and ar but after that it dwindles down to 5.8-6.2...wtf

am i doing something wrong? i hear rogues doing 7k or 6k consistently or are they only talking about there burst dps and not there sustained dps.

im really confused ???, plz help if you can

Re: getting frustraited, need dps help

Quote Originally Posted by serphice
    so i have the gear and gemed arp/grimtoll, most of my gear is 245 using evis only, but the problem that im getting is that its hard for me to break into 6-7k range in sustained dps.

spread sheets are puting me at 7.8k dps and when i use recount to check my dps at the end of the fight its only getting to about 5.8-6.2k dps. sure i can burst at the start to near 7k or more using bf and ar but after that it dwindles down to 5.8-6.2...wtf

am i doing something wrong? i hear rogues doing 7k or 6k consistently or are they only talking about there burst dps and not there sustained dps.

im really confused ???, plz help if you can
    Link armory.

Which fight are we talking about? Is this in 10 or 25 mans? More details are needed.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

sure i can burst at the start to near 7k or more using bf and ar but after that it dwindles down to 5.8-6.2...wtf
    BF and AR don't scale together short of multiple targets. 20% haste doesn't multiply the extra sinister strikes/finishers whatsoever. A better option would be to BF+KS early, and then AR if your trinkets are still up, otherwise wait for a weapon proc and then AR.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Thalas&n=Akiro

25m toc and mostly just in general

here's the WOL report of our raids http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/1226/

in regards to Annoying

i do at start i build up about 4cp KS then SnD and then hit ar/BF

wouldnt it be more beneficial to be able to hit ar early to get a 2nd ar in the fight rather than wait for a grim toll proc and only be able to do it once possibly?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Thalas&n=Akiro

25m toc and mostly just in general

here's the WOL report of our raids http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/1226/

I am not seeing deadly poison damage from you...

the last toc raid we did i moved to deadly, before i was 15/51/5 and trying wound/wound becouse i have a crap tone of hast

the last toc raid we did i moved to deadly, before i was 15/51/5 and trying wound/wound becouse i have a crap tone of hast
    Your SnD uptime isn't great, but shouldn't be a huge effect. You're missing some raid buffs, Kings being a significant one, MoW too as well as totems or shammie buffs. I looked at the 10/22 25 man ToC and I am not seeing deadly poison.

Honestly, looks like something with your rotation, which is weird. Essentially just keep SnD up all the time and spam 5 pt evis. Maybe a little better CD management too.

aight thanks, after tonight raid ill look at the diffrences and if need be ill repost again, thanks for the help

You've got a couple of things going on here.

Looking at Twins and Jaraaxus fights,

First you have an insanely high miss percentage in the parse, a large chunk of which is Parry. On Jaraaxus, melee was parried 31 times, SS was parried 6 times and evis was parried 2. That indicates you spent most of your time dpsing from in front of the boss. It seems small but it makes a big difference to your overall numbers. It's also really bad for your tank in certain fights so you might want to start working on this.

Second you're SnD uptime is not good. Some fights your managing better than others, but on twins you dropped to 75%. That's bad, especially if you are running an easy rotation. 40% attack speed is a REALLY BIG BUFF. Don't let it drop. On a fight like Twins you should be very close to 100% up time. I recommend a mod like Need to Know, if you aren't using it already, and placing it in the middle of your screen.

Third, your cool down usage is not maximized. The Twins kill was 5 minutes long, and during that time you used Blade Flurry 2, AR 1, and KS 1. In a five minute fight you should be able to get 2 AR and 3 BF, once at the start then at the 2 minute mark then at 4 minute mark. KS could have been 4 times. A cool down timer or a mod like Ghost Pulse can help significantly with this. The spreadsheet is assuming you're using these CD's on cool down.

Finally- Whoever is putting your raid together is not maximizing buffs. Two dps warriors and both are Arms??? Leader of the Pack/Rampage is pretty great it's a shame you are missing it. You're also running without Icy Talons/Wind Fury. Again, not a great situation. These are pretty big melee buffs If your raid really really does not want to ask people to spec to bring major buffs / debuffs to the raid, then do yourself a favor and look closely at your raid composition and make sure your spreadsheet has the buffs you are missing turned OFF. This will give you a more accurate estimate of what your dps should be.

Someone should pay Lumen for that amazing parse analysis. Fo reals he pretty much told you everything you need to know.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

in regards to Annoying

i do at start i build up about 4cp KS then SnD and then hit ar/BF

wouldnt it be more beneficial to be able to hit ar early to get a 2nd ar in the fight rather than wait for a grim toll proc and only be able to do it once possibly?
    You should still have a bit of trinket time up the first time you blow AR. What I was saying is that using AR/BF at the same time gains you nothing. AR doesn't benefit in any way from haste, while KS does. A better opener would be 1-4snd->BF->KS->dump your energy with SS->AR. By the time I hit killing spree, both of my trinkets and possibly both of my weapon procs are up >95% of the time, and are still up for a good half of AR.

Quote Originally Posted by lumen222
    KS could have been 4 times.
    Just wanted to note that on most Twin tactics you can't use KS without being teleported to the "wrong" twin, which I would guess is a DPS loss compared to stay DPSing the opposite colored twin.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Moll
    Just wanted to note that on most Twin tactics you can't use KS without being teleported to the "wrong" twin, which I would guess is a DPS loss compared to stay DPSing the opposite colored twin.
    I'd have to look at ton of parses to check this, but he made another wrong comment. I generally only get 2 BF on twins. Not using it on cooldown is better on that fight. Save the first one for empowered, then use it on cooldown =D

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying
    I'd have to look at ton of parses to check this, but he made another wrong comment. I generally only get 2 BF on twins. Not using it on cooldown is better on that fight. Save the first one for empowered, then use it on cooldown =D
    Depending on the strat your guild uses, you may not even get Empowered. For example, we do the door strat in which you have 3 soakers. 2 White and one black. It's very possible that you do not get empowered, but rather stay around 80 to 90 stacks near the end of the fight.(Which is still a good DPS increase)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuuji
    Depending on the strat your guild uses, you may not even get Empowered. For example, we do the door strat in which you have 3 soakers. 2 White and one black. It's very possible that you do not get empowered, but rather stay around 80 to 90 stacks near the end of the fight.(Which is still a good DPS increase)
    Lol we did that with soakers for 2-3 attempts, swapped to just tanks out there and have never looked back. Door strat is OP.

As stated above: using cd's at start on twins is selfish and noobish at the same time.
    On twins you want to use your cd's on shields, and that is true for every single person in the raid, even if it's normal (ppl should practice for the heroic one).

The big problems i see are the SnD uptime and the raid buffs, and that are really a BIG problem.. on spreadsheet you are most likely looking for a fully buffed situation, wich you are not in, 5% crit and especially the haste from sham or dk are really important buffs with your gear, so it's kinda normal that you are doing that dps.
    Even with an optimal rotation you should probably be doing around 6.8k at max on sustained fights if your spreadsheet tells you 7.8k without those buffs..

In my opinion, you are not bad, your gear isn't bad, you just need to time better cd's on some fights and SnD.