Maximizing DPS for a Retri Pally?

Hi all,

I find it very hard to to get a high DPS value on my Pally

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...oon&n=Xavioror

I know DPS isn't all but others seem to forget that a Pally come with a bunch of other abilities like Blessings and heals.
    And after a few whipes they start to look at DPS, and thats when I sometimes are the one to get replaced.

Please have a look at my char and tell me if I am doing something wrong

Regards
    JK/Xavioror

Re: Maximizing DPS for a Retri Pally?

being 3% over the hit cap isn't doing you much good.

And your expertise trinket is pretty awful too.

If you can't get good damage in your gear there's not much we can do except make sure your helmet is strapped on tightly.

You have no points in seal of the pure. Put 5 in there and that should increase your dps and like adam said, u are way over both hit and exp capped, hit cap is 230 w/ draenei and exp is 26.

if you don't have greatness you shouldn't be allowed to make a "how do i hit harder?" thread.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

So that would be -- Changing ur Spec -> http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...eak&n=Yorickos
    -- 3.8% less hit Get rid of the Trinket!
    -- 20(!) less expertise (if u use the SoV-glyph, u might wanna get rid of the exorcism one)
    -- Getting a Nightmare Tear gem / and pump 20 strenght gems
    (or 10 str/10crit if the bonus is 4 or more strenght

Goodluck

1) you are over exp and hit cap, get the hero trinket with 2% crit + 1k ap instead the exp trinket or better = greatnes!
    2) spec into seals of the pure! 15% more seal dmg!
    3) there are fight where retris aren´t that good, others (like twins) we are topping recounts easily...

rest looks ok to me, use haste pots to stack vengeance faster, or to do more dmg while your wings are up
    (even better is wings + haste pot + heroism ^^)

now do some dmg!

15+ Year Old Account

0/5/66 thats a spec?
    -you dont seem to get why you must use a Nightmare tear since you still gem for hybrid str/stam
    -mirror of truth is better then that trinket (even before the expertise cap at 20)
    -way over hit cap, second trinket isnt needed (almost capped in spell hit)

2nd spec with seal of command glyph but without a point a seal of command = win

its a l2p issue here

A list of my observations about your gear/spec.

- Replace the Nightmare Tear in your belt with a Crit/Str gem. Move the Nightmare Tear to your chestpiece to replace the Str/Stam gem.
    - You can drop both of your trinkets. All of the hit rating and expertise are wasted. Get Darkmoon Card: Greatness and something like Mirror of Truth. Huge gain here.
    - Replace the 10Str/15Stam gem in your boots with a pure 20 Str gem. Stam doesn't increase DPS and you are losing 4 Str by making that bonus.

All of your enchants and glyphs are correct for your gear, but you need to throw your spec out the window. There are two specs that are widely used by rets. It is your choice which you pick as they offer different bonuses to your raid.

Spec A: Divine Sacrifice
    It is your choice whether you wish to put 3 points into Divinity or Stoicism, but it would be difficult to justify Stoicism.

Spec B: Aura Mastery

There is a very strong talent that I haven't mentioned in the ret tree. Vindication can be useful but when you consider that four different classes can provide that debuff and 3 of them are the tanking classes. Ideally, a ret paladin is not providing that debuff so that they can offer even better buffs through DSac or Aura Mastery.

I have even added the correct glyphs that you would be wanting to use just in case.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    its a l2p issue here
    This.

And I know some people that would LOVE to be carried to great gear like yourself. Can you toss them an invite to your guild? kthx.

It's people like you that end up with Death's Choice while I'm stuck with Mirror...thanks for playing nubsauce. (can't believe this is actually upsetting me)
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

IMO, Elitistjerks.com. greatest site ever to perfect your spec/glyphs etc etc etc
    other then that, I would gem pure str to be honest, the str/stam isnt worth it, unless you need the mix for a meta. also, avoid most socket bonuses, they are rarely that great. for example, your boots, you are losing 4 str for 15 stam. thats a decent amount of stam, but at the end of the day you shouldnt be getting hit that often anyways to need the stamina in the first place.
    just my opinion. other then that, use EJ forums to perfect your spec and what not.

GL
    Your face when the Scoundrel is Gallagher.

I just took a look at your Prot talents and I am speechless. Kittens are being beheaded as long as you keep that spec.

Points of fail:
    5/5 Reckoning, 5/5 Divinity, 3/3 Stoicism, 0/2 Imp Judgments, 0/3 Heart of the Crusader, 0/2 Vindication, 0/2 Pursuit of Justice, 0/3 Crusade.

2/2 Spiritual Attunement is a waste. Glyph of Hammer of Justice??

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Hodenkrieg
    IMO, Elitistjerks.com. greatest site ever to perfect your spec/glyphs etc etc etc
    other then that, I would gem pure str to be honest, the str/stam isnt worth it, unless you need the mix for a meta. also, avoid most socket bonuses, they are rarely that great. for example, your boots, you are losing 4 str for 15 stam. thats a decent amount of stam, but at the end of the day you shouldnt be getting hit that often anyways to need the stamina in the first place.
    just my opinion. other then that, use EJ forums to perfect your spec and what not.

GL
    You dont ever need a hybrid gem for meta's. One nightmare tear is suffecient to activate the relentless earthsiege which is the meta all rets should use.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

:

Three words

Great
    Ness
    Deck

And a death's choice if possible and stack 20 str gems With a Nightmare tear

2.89% over HC too so.....yea you need more AP bottom line my ret has 4800 AP unbuffed with 35% crit still hit cap and exp so yea plain and simple just get more AP.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    being 3% over the hit cap isn't doing you much good.
    an I have your extra 3% hit? Just CoD it in the mail.

Quote Originally Posted by ScatteredBWL
    Two words

Greatness
    Deck
    Fixed.

After spending a lot of time looking through the members of your guild, and laughing a lot, I have to suggest that you and all of your guild have a day where you sit in vent together and go to the elitist jerks web page and research your classes. Please.