2vs2 Resto against burst teams

Hi!

I play as resto with a warrior friend. We are trying to climb up the ranking of 2vs2 bracket but were pretty much stuck against all burst teams. I dont have the best gear(havent played much arena last two season and neither have my warrior. We do have experience from higher ratings earlier seasons) Me 24k HP and ~1100 resilience but I cant get much better at this low rankings. My warrior have arena gear with itemlevel around 213-226 and 245 weapon+245 offpieces .

We played a couple of hundred matches now and wins almost every match against dps+heal teams but dps+dps rapes us. 80% we meet now are 2dps teams. Often rogues+mage combo or rogue+retri combo. My warrior gets chain CC:ed and I get burst down in a couple of seconds. I pull every singel CD(ES on me,BL right away before burst, trinket and right totems down, NS+heal and all that) but I pretty much cant get any heals between stuns and silence. If my warrior trinket first CC he walkes into the next one ofcourse.

Sometimes we are pretty lucky and they go all out on warrior and tries to CC me. Warriors survives for the first CC on me but I have to trinket next one and I try to avoid third. By this time the damage on warrior(often MS on warrior) is to much to heal through. Sometimes my warrior pulls everything and Intervene and we get try to restart but then I have almost no cooldowns left for next burst attack.

I really like this setup and I know there are some resto+warrior teams out there that reached high/higher ratings. I need help from you guys. How do you do it? Any small advice from you are appreciated!

Re: 2vs2 Resto against burst teams

The only way you're going to beat burst teams is to be extremely defensive and stay the hell away from them, you need to riptide yourself and ground everything you can, ghostwolf out, drop an ebind after your stoneclaw and never sit still, your warrior needs to string and fear them when he can, it's hard with a warrior as I have only tried it once and had very little success. I have been up to 2k rating in 2s and 3s, if that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangz
    GoD isn't so great for unholy
    Quote Originally Posted by HoX
    i dont understamd ???

Honestly man, it's an uphill battle, that you can only win if they make a mistake.

Against mage/rogue, you're job is to somehow help keep your war un-cc'd by interupting/grounding polys, while LOSing the mage at the right time and while dealing with the rogues stuns/interupts... and somtimes it's just about not possible if those stuns come at just the wrong time.

And against ret/rogue... hope to god your war can get into combat, and stay posisbly in the starting area... when I'm able to just keep a HUGE gap between them, and my war(or dk) can keep them tied up(for even just the opener), thats when we win...
    But on those games where he gets CC'd bad, and I los him like a retard... i drop so fast, i almost break my keyboard...
    If they open on you, and set it up right, time their chain stuns on you, there is literally NOTHING you can do against it. It's just the depressing side of war/sham..

The warrior is an amazing DPS to 2's with, but it will by no means ever be easy. You guys have to play 200% while the other set ups will cruise on by doing normal routines.

Those super high rated war/shams you see, either exploited the fuck out of mmr, que dodged all day, or are just legitly gifted and have amazingly low ping.

Mage/Rogue:
    Make the War start sword/board. He can't be sapped so the first CC on him will be Sheep. Make sure he has enough rage to reflect that (make War Focus the Mage so he knows when he's casting). Basically your job is to Shock/Grounding the Mage and LoS when they're on CD. When your War is sword/board, he can negate half of their CC on him so that lets him spend time to peel the Rogue off you.
    If things look bleak, get ready to trinket a Stun. KS is preferable but the chance of you dying in a CS/DF is also high so just use your judgement. Also, good M/R might Blind-switch to War when that happens so be ready.

Ret/Rogue:
    Trinket a HoJ/KS and just get ready to blow a CD after (BM, Stoneclaw, NS, etc.). Once you trinket one of them, the subsequent stun is on DR so you should have time to be non-stunned within 3s. Use this time to juke the Rogue. If you can fake him, just spam HW on yourself until Kick is back up (assuming you have TW up). The Ret can't really stop you minus an Arcane Torrent. Grounding is also hax in this match-up especially if you get a feel of when the Ret uses his stuff (Rep/HoJ). I've grounded several HoJ/Rep just by knowing 2s ahead of time when he's going to do it.

Lock/Rogue:
    IMO, the hardest to play against. Same deal like M/R except the Lock only needs 1 Immolate on you to burst you down unlike a Mage so try to Shock/Ground as many Immolates as you can. Fear should be fine since your War has Zerk Rage and you have Tremor. Shadowfury will blow since you can pretty much die in a SF+DC so make sure you try to top yourself up whenever you can.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Neokarasu

you die. simple as that. fuck all you can do, reroll druid