Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Yet another ret nerf....

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crusader Strike now has been changed to a 10 sec cooldown but does 20% weapon damage and chance
    to reduce the cooldown on your Sacred Shield proc by 24 sec(old - 4 sec cooldown causes 75% damage.)

I love how ret/prot Pallies (I have one too!) are crying about SS for PvE.

Prot: The amount of damage it absorbed in the first place (assuming you don't have a Holy Pally) is irrelevant for any worth while content. It really doesn't matter if this was aimed at PvP Prot Healing, it will have next to negligible effect on PvE.

Ret: Ret survivability in PvE is still great w/o SS. Compared to a Fury Warrior you take less damage (lol zerker stance), an immunity bubble, and can heal yourself in a pinch. No matter how much you want to down play it, the amount of protection is much greater and controlled than Fury. Warriors don't complain, just saying.

P.S. New abilities don't have to be viable for all specs. Frostfire Bolt springs to mind

<3

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Asha
    Ret: Ret survivability in PvE is still great w/o SS. Compared to a Fury Warrior you take less damage (lol zerker stance), an immunity bubble, and can heal yourself in a pinch. No matter how much you want to down play it, the amount of protection is much greater and controlled than Fury. Warriors don't complain, just saying.
    Yes, lets heal and do less DPS and reduce my mana. Not to forget that the immunity bubble lowers our DPS as well.

I think I just noticed something else about this. Since it only procs once every 30 seconds, does that mean we only get 1 proc per (untalented)cast?

Quote Originally Posted by Banzubie
    I think I just noticed something else about this. Since it only procs once every 30 seconds, does that mean we only get 1 proc per (untalented)cast?
    I'd assume so.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Retribution: I also welcome this change. You are an offensive melee "hybrid". You have defensive abilities for control, utility, but anything that can become a passive ability (regardless of mana cost) reducing incoming DPS by a solid amount, automatically, is a bit much. I'm not for the "omg you has bubble" because of course, Priests and Warriors can counter it, and Druids have Cyclone and Barkskin. But it was bordering on the ridiculous side. I, as a person who left Paladins for the level of "skill" presented as of 3.0, would see this balanced at 18-20 seconds. 30's a bit much, but as anyone going against good Paladins (there are a few out there), they still have all the necessary tools to handle themselves.
    Lol, do you understand the basic concept of a paladin at all? Paladins are a defensive hybrid. Ret is just a form of it that deals damage better, but has less defense than prot or holy. This is also shown in that, most other dps in pvp have more offensive utility than ret, but ret makes up for it for being a defensive hybrid through off heals and good defensive cooldowns. The shield and heals are a huge part of ret in pvp. It's a stupid change. If ret's had more offensive utility I'd agree with you, but they don't.

I'm pretty sure it was a nerf to Prot PVP, rather than Rets.

Maybe they will add a talent in, but its more of a healing spell, rather than a DPS or Protection Spell now, maybe.

Just want to say that Prot PVP is still insane, hit 2.2k rating with a protholy paladin, and to be honest its pretty easy. They still hit like trucks with shield (up to 7k crits ) and also the insane BURST healing they can do. 1.5s fol that crit for 10k..

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Craigadiddle
    Just want to say that Prot PVP is still insane, hit 2.2k rating with a protholy paladin, and to be honest its pretty easy. They still hit like trucks with shield (up to 7k crits ) and also the insane BURST healing they can do. 1.5s fol that crit for 10k..
    I would assume those 7k crits are Glyphed AS crits, since Healing gear has no Strength or BV, which ShoR scales off of.

And I also don't remember seeing my own FoL crits reaching 10k, back when TbtL scaled off Stamina.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Craigadiddle
    I'm pretty sure it was a nerf to Prot PVP, rather than Rets.

Maybe they will add a talent in, but its more of a healing spell, rather than a DPS or Protection Spell now, maybe.

Of course it was intended for prot healing in pvp, but it had the obvious side affect of hurting ret pvp and prot pve in small raids a good bit too.

Yes, it's a healing spell, but it's part of ret's minor defense. Just like shadow priests using pw:s.

There's a pretty obvious trend, that if you're playing the dps spec of a healing hybrid (ret pally, spriest, boomkin, feral, ele sham, enhance sham) you will still use at least some of your healing spells often. If speccing dps as a healing hybrid meant forsaking all of your healing capabilities, feral wouldn't have the new insta nature spell procs, and enhance shams wouldn't get insta chain heal, lhw, or hw.

Also, I'm so tired of blizz making retarded changes when there's an obviously easier way to fix things. Just freaking remove the crit heal bonus from touched by the light. I understand that they wanted to give something similar to what ret got with insta fol, but a dps off healing is way different than a tank off healing. If you try to tank and heal at the same time, you're most likely going to wipe the raid. If you stop dps for a bit to help heals, that's fine, you're not going to auto lose from doing that like a tank would.

The crit heal bonus is the only thing that keeps the healing part of prot healing viable. It's op in pvp, and serves no real purpose in pve, so just remove it or do something else with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Picori
    Like we need it -.-

ret survival is already terrible verses spellcleaves

•Sacred Shield: The damage absorption effect from this ability now triggers only once every 30 seconds.

Holy

•Infusion of Light: This talent now also reduces the cooldown on the effect of Sacred Shield by 12/24 seconds.

Nerf just for ret.... cool.....

What?! Out of the problems ret is having in pvp (high rated arena) THIS is what you are crying about? Really?! What the hell?

Justified change, if this goes live. However there are other things they should take a look at for retri paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by Iniquity

What?! Out of the problems ret is having in pvp (high rated arena) THIS is what you are crying about? Really?! What the hell?

Justified change, if this goes live. However there are other things they should take a look at for retri paladins.
    How is it justified? It's a major part of ret's minor defenses and it's getting neutered.

Quick question anyone feel free to answer. How OP is Prot healing in a 3v3 or 5v5? because I would hate to think that we are enduring a nerf based on 2v2. Becasue 2v2 is not even a for real bracket anymore.

This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Piscesthepally
    Quick question anyone feel free to answer. How OP is Prot healing in a 3v3 or 5v5? because I would hate to think that we are enduring a nerf based on 2v2. Becasue 2v2 is not even a for real bracket anymore.
    Wait, people 5v5 as Prot-Holy?

Quote Originally Posted by Piscesthepally
    Check the SK-100, top represented, and only represented in the top 100 paladin spec is Holy. So no, no idea where they are basing it /shrug. Guess it is just 2v.
    Here's my user friendly signature...enjoy.

The LOH is even more rediculous than the SS nerf. And to think 3.3 was finally gonna be a real second tank cooldown, instad they take away the oh shit button.

I highly doubt the LOH will go live, too ludicris. But SS will probably go through.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    I'd like to see how many other L80 CLASS ABILITIES are useless for their class.
    QQ moar Troll.
    priests have the worst 51pt talent in the game

i never get to use my divine hymn or hymn of hope as an spriest

that's 3 of the supposed "main" talents/skills for a level 80 priest that just suck

2 are free water and one costs is a healing priest spell

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by greysin
    priests have the worst 51pt talent in the game

i never get to use my divine hymn or hymn of hope as an spriest

that's 3 of the supposed "main" talents/skills for a level 80 priest that just suck

2 are free water and one costs is a healing priest spell
    I said Class skill not Talent skill.

I also said earlier: "As for HoH, you got me there "

Lets all QQ more now that it's live on the servers.

Oh wait, that's right.

I'll never understand why people come to THESE forums to bitch about changes made on the PTR.

Go over to the official WoW forums and bitch there where a "blue" might actually see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    I said Class skill not Talent skill.

I also said earlier: "As for HoH, you got me there "
    hymn of hope and divine hymn are both class skills, and are useless as hell. an spriest has zero knockback protection when using them, they're on long cds, and the mana return on hoh sucks, not to mention dh is an aoe heal that randomly targets people and even if you're alone, may not heal you for anything at all

the least mobile class with two long, channeled spells that cost them a ton of mana if they're shadow

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Drooid
    Lets all QQ more now that it's live on the servers.

Oh wait, that's right.

I'll never understand why people come to THESE forums to bitch about changes made on the PTR.

Go over to the official WoW forums and bitch there where a "blue" might actually see it.
    I could be a blue in disguise >.>

Quote Originally Posted by greysin
    hymn of hope and divine hymn are both class skills, and are useless as hell. an spriest has zero knockback protection when using them, they're on long cds, and the mana return on hoh sucks, not to mention dh is an aoe heal that randomly targets people and even if you're alone, may not heal you for anything at all

the least mobile class with two long, channeled spells that cost them a ton of mana if they're shadow
    Least mobile in terms of what? Besides, I already said how HoH was useless.