Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    my submarine. it's long, hard and full of seamen.

Re: Yet another ret nerf....

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05
    loal thei narf da lital bubbal wut r we gun do ?
    troll the forums?

Ret in arena atm is an assist class.
    Assist dispel
    assist heal
    assist dmg reduction by Hand of sacrifice and divine sacrifice
    assist dmg and burst
    assist absorb with Sacred shield.
    assist with BoP

All of those things are important for rets to work out their full potential.
    Ofcourse, there are people who just pops wings and hope for crits. yes it can work in some cases, but thats only against other bad teams. It may get you a T1 pvp sword, but not much further than that. to get further, you need to find a team that can utilize the defancive assist aspects with the retpaladin spec.

And now, they have completely destroyed one of the best things for that.

All the people posting "lol, u has teh bubble" you fail so hard.
    Because most of the 3v3 teams have either a warrior or a priest. And if that priest/warr is in good syncronation with the rest of the team, they can time a "forced bubble" and dispell it within mere seconds. Making it, not useless, but not that OP as everyone is saying. sometimes, i actually wish i had DK pet sacrifice instead. that spell ALWAYS gives you a little hp, as bubble may be dispelled before you get that needed heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiss
    Blizzard really must be kiding.

Seriously, just plain stupid
    That's Blizzard right there for you.

Let's just hope and pray this doesn't go live.

Quote Originally Posted by Alonerider
    You must not pvp at all.
    true

I don't see how it's considered such a ret nerf.. Do they really use it that much?

Holy Paladins can not afford to cast a Holy Shock every 6 seconds.
    This talent now also reduces the cooldown on the effect of Sacred Shield by 12/24 seconds.
    Who's to say you need to holy shock for the cooldown? im not currently on the ptr so i don't know the change by hand.

I would be very surprised if this goes live, its an attempt to REMOVE protholy from the game, which is frankly unnessesery, i can't see them destroying such a large chunk of any ret teams survival and removing an average of about 1.5k EH from any prot tank just to remove a spec which is *better than holy* (note, i didn't say great) in a bracket of arena they claim not to care about.

well this is off topic, but chron i love your comment on the other post "Locking before the shitstorm"
    hahahahaha
    Waiting on Cata
    SCII: Naret
    WoW: Naret, Destromath US

Well I found the survivability a little stupid in low scale pvp compared to ho easily it's used.

Apply instant shield, apply instant FoL that crits, get hot from talent, get hot from shield, get absorb from shield EVERY 6 SECONDS.

You are probably getting something in return ,,,maybe..

But it's just too stupid having these no-decision, instant, no penalty heals and absorbs.

Good change.
    Meh

Also, yes, ret in arena has maybe 90% uptime on sacred shield, it is pretty much the only consistant defensive ability they have of any use.

Quote Originally Posted by Sno
    I don't see how it's considered such a ret nerf.. Do they really use it that much?
    Ret has to use it constantly to be any good at arena pvp.

i also don't understand why the 30% critbonus on heals is still deep in the prot tree if they want to nerf prot healers...who needs this as a tank?

Quote Originally Posted by dull
    i also don't understand why the 30% critbonus on heals is still deep in the prot tree if they want to nerf prot healers...who needs this as a tank?
    thats is a good question... When does a pally tank even cast a heal? JoL doesnt crit. ???

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    This makes the ability USELESS for Prot and Ret now- I HIGHLY doubt this effect will go live.
    Idd, Sacred Shield is now offcially useless, they might as well make it a talent in the Holy tree - this is utterly retarded.

Which is also why I think it will definately go live - typically Blizzfail.
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

15+ Year Old Account

Even in PvE, I use this spell ALL the time to reduce personal damage taken and save a healer's mana- As is, they should make SS a Holy-Only ability and give us an interrupt on a 15-25 sec. cooldown for our L80 class skill.

No other class skill gained at level 80 is completely useless for 2/3 specs of that class, so why should ours be?

Quote Originally Posted by Banzubie
    thats is a good question... When does a pally tank even cast a heal? JoL doesnt crit. ???
    Low mana pool- so when you Crit, you Crit big to regen that large HP pool.

The bonus crit-heal talent is so you dont wait for the freakin slowass healers to heal u up while ressing ppl.

ps. Mages are underrated

Sacred shield should be a holy talent ability. It's pretty much a waste of space for retribution and protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    No other class skill gained at level 80 is completely useless for 2/3 specs of that class, so why should ours be?
    This.

Honestly, this is just dumb. Final nail on the coffin for protholy, and they decided ret should join them in the arena grave.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri
    Sacred shield should be a holy talent ability. It's pretty much a waste of space for retribution and protection.
    Unless you are a GOOD player.

Quote Originally Posted by Sno
    Who's to say you need to holy shock for the cooldown? im not currently on the ptr so i don't know the change by hand.
    It's really not clear if the proc is going to reduce the cooldown or the talent by it self.

And, if Sacred Shield is going to be a Holy skill, please move divine guardian to holy, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri
    I don't even know what to say about this post...

Quote Originally Posted by Raiss
    It's really not clear if the proc is going to reduce the cooldown or the talent by it self.
    Infusion of Light: This talent now also reduces the cooldown on the effect of Sacred Shield by 12/24 seconds

"In addition this talent"

"this talent"

The talent itself reduces the proc-rate, not the infusion.

Basically it means only holy will have the 6s procs.