Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Yet another ret nerf....

Blizzard hates ret paladins, good thing race change has arrived!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by DaLeetPawner
    Paladins are a race????

I want to play as a Paladin Mage

paladin mages sound absolutely horrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Narit
    BUT WE HAVE BUBBLE!

Deleted

Ret is atm too powerful in small brackets and double dps etc cause of sick survivability and heals.

Quote Originally Posted by DaLeetPawner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Paladins are a race????

I want to play as a Paladin Mage

HAHAHA this just made my day/night

Quote Originally Posted by Janz
    Ret is atm too powerful in small brackets and double dps etc cause of sick survivability and heals.
    Wow, a DK, the class that has more usable defensive cooldowns and more offensive utility in place of constant on demand self heals(which are fairly unusable in arena if you don't enjoy holding up a big "I'm healing interrupt me" sign) is saying that we deserve nerfs to our defensive skills because they are overpowered when coupled with a teammate that is capable of controlling the other team's damage and healing?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Varius
    Wow, a DK, the class that has more usable defensive cooldowns and more offensive utility in place of constant on demand self heals(which are fairly unusable in arena if you don't enjoy holding up a big "I'm healing interrupt me" sign) is saying that we deserve nerfs to our defensive skills because they are overpowered when coupled with a teammate that is capable of controlling the other team's damage and healing?
    http://www.sk-gaming.com/arena/player/

DK's are OP. Stfu, get a clue, stop living in the past.

Cry babies cry, we cried a lot when we were op and got on par with every other "balanced" classes, mutilate nerf, you know what i mean. They should make it tbc way ret, not 3 button bubble heal. stun lolnotrinket? 2shot class.
    Rogues don't do buffs or other group things. If you want a hug ask the Paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Nudle
    Cry babies cry, we cried a lot when we were op and got on par with every other "balanced" classes, mutilate nerf, you know what i mean. They should make it tbc way ret, not 3 button bubble heal. stun lolnotrinket? 2shot class.
    ^ Has never played a Paladin

Seriously now Blizzard, it's nowhere near April 1st. Revert these changes and fix the real issue here.

Yeah, it's not like Rogues are still pretty good in most, if not all areas of PvP after their nerf or anything.
    All that Blood Elf Ret goodness, now in new and improved Alliance flavour!

Quote Originally Posted by omegatrigun
    Lol, do you understand the basic concept of a paladin at all? Paladins are a defensive hybrid. Ret is just a form of it that deals damage better, but has less defense than prot or holy. This is also shown in that, most other dps in pvp have more offensive utility than ret, but ret makes up for it for being a defensive hybrid through off heals and good defensive cooldowns. The shield and heals are a huge part of ret in pvp. It's a stupid change. If ret's had more offensive utility I'd agree with you, but they don't.
    Oh really tell that to the paladin facerolling me with my 1k resilience. He didn't care much about "defensive" rofl

It's a SUPER change and it couldn't have comed too soon- say goodbye to i faceroll AND heal myself for sick amounts.
    In arena they almost equal a low geeared healer with that shit on and in BGs i NEVER saw a paladin need healing, EVER.

If ret's had more offensive abilities we'd be back to patch 3.0 where they had to insta hotfix them coz of too much ownage in pvp.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

I seriously don't get it.
    Holy is arguably over-represented in 3v3, and doing well in 2v2 and 5v5, and Ret (not going to include Prot) is very under-represented in all brackets. Why are we the ones targeted for nerfs? Are we too OP in duels?
    All that Blood Elf Ret goodness, now in new and improved Alliance flavour!

Quote Originally Posted by crayven
    Oh really tell that to the paladin facerolling me with my 1k resilience. He didn't care much about "defensive" rofl

It's a SUPER change and it couldn't have comed too soon- say goodbye to i faceroll AND heal myself for sick amounts.
    In arena they almost equal a low geeared healer with that shit on and in BGs i NEVER saw a paladin need healing, EVER.

If ret's had more offensive abilities we'd be back to patch 3.0 where they had to insta hotfix them coz of too much ownage in pvp.
    Something with what youre saying just doesnt mesh. Ive gone up against with people in good pvp gear and my attacks are like a faist summer breeze on their skin. Mind you I pvp in full pve gear which means static 5400 ap with the ilvl 258 Dual Bladed Butcher so youre not going to get too much more "bursty" than what I can bring to bare but even with all that pve gear its still not enough to take out people in relentless of furious if they know what they are doing.

Full PVP gear effectively turns squishies into tanks, tanks can still die if they are careless but it takes a lot to do it.

I know I dont play my ret terribly effectively in pvp situations, because its not what I enjoy doing but I can tell you this... ret pally burst on pvp geared toons isnt all its cracked up to be.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Druids can still heal well in PvP with thier HoTs and Norish. Im sure a LOT of warriors are also glad to have ST in PvP.
    Sure - resto druids can heal with nourish in PvP, ferals and boomkin won't though because it's a worse tool for them than the others they already had. For them it's a dead spell, or practically so.

Sure - Shattering Throw is useful, that's the L71 warrior ability though, so not sure what you're trying to say. The paladin L71 is Divine Plea, which last I checked was pretty good for all specs. Heroic throw which is the L80 warrior ability is a few k damage every minute. It's about as useful to a non-prot warrior as SS will be for ret.

I stand by my list, anyway GC has already posted to tell people to keep their hair on. The LoH nerf has apparently already been reverted on their internal builds, and the SS nerf may be reduced.

I see pallies posting all the damn time that they would be happy to lose some defence to gain some offence. Newsflash, the way blizz work you rarely get the full trade in one patch - however this defence nerf may well open up the space for some offensive gains down the line. Ret may finally get that long desired interrupt, and may god have mercy on the casters

Finally, people comparing ret to spriest and the use of PW:S need to put down their crack pipes. Shadow priests are clothies and rather odd ones, you can't compare a plate wearing melee guy to a cloth wearing caster. There are simply too many differences for it to be meaningful. For starters ret can heal itself with no change of aspect/stance/form etc. which shadow would love to do. The only self-heals they have in shadowform are PW:S and VE both of which can be dispelled, I think they'd love to be able to cast instant FHs without leaving form - would probably swap PW:S for that in an instant.

Keeping a little perspective on these changes would make us all look a lot more reasonable

Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike

Finally, people comparing ret to spriest and the use of PW:S need to put down their crack pipes. Shadow priests are clothies and rather odd ones, you can't compare a plate wearing melee guy to a cloth wearing caster. There are simply too many differences for it to be meaningful. For starters ret can heal itself with no change of aspect/stance/form etc. which shadow would love to do. The only self-heals they have in shadowform are PW:S and VE both of which can be dispelled, I think they'd love to be able to cast instant FHs without leaving form - would probably swap PW:S for that in an instant.
    and what does my plate do against a lock or a mage,

if i heal myself i cant attack,

flash heal may not be expensive, but i get one free cast, unless lucky with crits, and with pvp gear my crit rate goes down especially against 1k res gear players.

if we judge against your shield we get no mana back from said judge so you cant complain about your little shield. and that is even more paladin going oom.

15+ Year Old Account

Can we stop nerfing other specs into the ground just because they want to stop prot/holy? This "go deep holy" thing is RIDICOLOUS.

Ua Lava.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

if they just want to nerf prot/holy add the same effect they added to a ret talent, so retributions can take it and all is ok. ex. sheath of light: now also reduces the cooldown on the effect of Sacred Shield by 12/24 sec.

also most of the people saying "rets don't use SS that much" are the kind of people who call for faceroll without even know what the fuck they are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Arel
    Can we stop nerfing other specs into the ground just because they want to stop prot/holy? This "go deep holy" thing is RIDICOLOUS.

Ua Lava.
    If they just took out the crit heal bonus from prot protly woudl be dead instantly, i have NO IDEA why they dont! It would have no effect on PvE at all...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn