Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: LOH nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Tengill
    how can it be op wen its not even useble in Arena, its a huge hit in the face for PvE
    Quote Originally Posted by IceyDevil
    Dear Blizzard,
    Can our guild have a free pass on Northrend Beasts? We don't believe in harming animals, and would really prefer to not have to fight this boss. ToC looks like a really fun instance, and we would love to experience all your hard work, but we just cannot kill animals.

Thanks!
    <VegansLOL>
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Sure, Why Not!
    We already hand everything out for free anyway. Want a free legendary while we're at it?
    (Avatar too big.)

its what i use in PvE when my healers fall behind.. after ardent defender.. maybe i need new healers..? idk

Re: Lay on Hands (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by Buffwhite
    If by no one you mean all the people who play BG's, which is everyone, then yeah I guess you could say no one. People that play BG's vastly outnumber the people that play arena. BG and World PvP is the original PvP. And YES, I am glad I don't have to kill a pally 3 times now (killing him 2 times was hard enough) and have him be oom and still be able to match my caster dps cuz all his skills cost shit for mana to cast and most of his damage comes from the only damage school that there is no resistance for. No one liked to target pallies in a BG. Pallies had a "target me last because I'll ensure that I last 3 times as long as anyone else you target" card everytime they pvp'd and it was bullshit. Now they won't be bottom on the list of priorities as far as targeting goes.

Whether Blizz intended it to be a PvP nerf or not, I'm glad that is does provide a nerf in that area. Bubble by itself is enough of a deterrent to leave pallies alone (unless you are a Priest in close proximity or a warr that doesn't have shattering throw on cd. This isn't just a PvP nerf for 80. It's a nerf for all lower levels as well, that I'm sure every other class will appreciate. I don't have a paladin, so I have no idea how the PvE aspect will be affected, though.

Who were you trying to kill? someone 5-7 levels below you in fulls green quality gear? If you survived long enough to kill a pally "3" times then your class is overpowered - QQ moar!

So much hate

LoH have been around sens day one and back then it wasent very usefull. It drained all ur mana u had left and sens most was holy back then it was almost never used. Then they changed it so it would be usefull and it didnt drain ur mana anymore.

10+ Year Old Account

While it wasn't useable in arena in world pvp it was our best hope for staying alive long enough to kill a warlock or a mage or a good hunter or a elemental shaman etc..

They also changed sacred shield to only proc the absorb effect once every 30 seconds unless you gain the infusion of light effect.

If these changes go live we will become slightly less op vs melee classes but we will be even more screwed vs ranged classes who have cc or burst.

I wouldn't mind these changes if they gave us some offensive tools to compensate like a 30% ranged snare on a medium cool down, a short cool down interrupt & or a ms effect on crusader strike similar to what frost mages have on there frost spells but if we don't get some of those and these changes go live we will be dead in arena as ret.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Parameter
    Only the 37th thread about this.

On topic it is a well warranted nerf.

/discuss
    ^

Do u know whats BS OP, your QQ!

To the ground baby...to the ground.
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

Bye bye instant mana return CD.

To the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Tengill
    how can it be op wen its not even useble in Arena, its a huge hit in the face for PvE
    well seeing as im a prot pala it saved my ass ( & the raids) plenty of times

and as said above...it saved us in world pvp too

spose ill die more now..LOL

10+ Year Old Account

I wouldn't mind these changes if they gave us some offensive tools to compensate like a 30% ranged snare on a medium cool down, a short cool down interrupt & or a ms effect on crusader strike similar to what frost mages have on there frost spells but if we don't get some of those and these changes go live we will be dead in arena as ret.
    Riiiight, the SS and unusable anyway LoH nerf killed rets in arena.

you heard it here first

Seriously, LoH is hardly a defensive CD it is pretty much shit, bubble is our only CD?
    Hardly spammed with defensive CD's as holy spec anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    If the LoH and SS nerfs are going on live, I want my Interrupt.
    /agree

I care so very little for the spell in pvp. Most of the time when I actually need it to survive I'm being gang raped.

this change is probably to prevent unintended use on self in the interest of gaining only mana for holy spec. also protection paladins do not need to be able to use this on themselves with the ardent defender talent. for to retributions in world pvp 1 on 1 situations... oh well you still have to be killed twice... 2 out of 3 isn't bad =P

honestly it isn't a huge deal (and yes i played a paladin, tank specifically). if you NEED this to survive even without ardent defender talent, you're doing it wrong or your healer(s) are dead and or afk. actually a little surprised this change never came up earlier in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by AleriyaEU

Who were you trying to kill? someone 5-7 levels below you in fulls green quality gear? If you survived long enough to kill a pally "3" times then your class is overpowered - QQ moar!
    Lol that was my point. I usually "didn't" survive long enough to kill him that many times. Say I'm on my Shadow Priest in a BG and the Pally is fighting an Enh Shaman. I'm dps'ing him. He bubbles right before he dies, finishes off the Sham, casts an insta FoL and maybe a Holy Light to go back to full and then comes for me.

A lot of my mana is gone from the insane burst I tried to put on him before he bubbled. He dispels 2/3 of my dots and Vamp Touch is the only one he is afraid to get rid of. I have to be careful of my mana useage which only leaves Mind Blast, SW: Death and Mind Flay (2 of which require me to be stationary, and the other one I take dmg from); can't just spam dots that keep getting cleansed. I barely get him down low enough before I die and He Lays on Hands himself. Back to full everything. I'm done (even if I Disperse to get mana back, I won't be getting life back). ALL I'M SAYING is it will be less annoying to face pallies now, which I am looking forward to. (this is just an example of one type of scenario. not saying I survive long enough with any class to kill a pally 3 times just because my class is that badass, even though I have done that with a few noob pallies)

Not to mention that if there is more than one pally in the same area, that I don't even want to be in the general vicinity (just a waste of mana. I might as well go try and kill something that will actually die).

P.S.

Yay for Shadow buffs in the upcoming patch. We definitely need them. (off topic I know lol)
    With a shape like that, and a cape like that, cc better cc me. Cuz them dots just keep on rollin, and you know red equals dead. So let them casters cast, cuz haste makes us too fast. And I ride out in Mimiron's Head.

Quote Originally Posted by AleriyaEU

its true actually, today on PTR, I duelled my arena partner (me:warrior, him holy-prot pala)

I actually did manage to almost kill him, well I got him down really low, then poped everything, and he bubbles... well tough luck i said, I bandaged as well and we kept fighting. a minute later, I got him low again, this time he used melee bubble -.- then we fought some more but eventually he won. it was a 5-10 min fight, I can't remember how long, but he said he had also used lay on hands somewhere in the fight

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bananengurke
    its true actually, today on PTR, I duelled my arena partner (me:warrior, him holy-prot pala)

I actually did manage to almost kill him, well I got him down really low, then poped everything, and he bubbles... well tough luck i said, I bandaged as well and we kept fighting. a minute later, I got him low again, this time he used melee bubble -.- then we fought some more but eventually he won. it was a 5-10 min fight, I can't remember how long, but he said he had also used lay on hands somewhere in the fight
    L2 Shattering Throw?

Quote Originally Posted by Bananengurke

umm what on gods earth where you doing when his apparent 1 min CD forbearance was up? and L2Shatter

10+ Year Old Account

LoH was a nice OSHI- button for 1v1 combat in BG's. Never used in duels tho, for obvious reasons. If they erased the mana regen and made it self-castable again, I'd be one happy pally.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffwhite
    Lol that was my point. I usually "didn't" survive long enough to kill him that many times. Say I'm on my Shadow Priest in a BG and the Pally is fighting an Enh Shaman. I'm dps'ing him. He bubbles right before he dies, finishes off the Sham, casts an insta FoL and maybe a Holy Light to go back to full and then comes for me.

A lot of my mana is gone from the insane burst I tried to put on him before he bubbled. He dispels 2/3 of my dots and Vamp Touch is the only one he is afraid to get rid of. I have to be careful of my mana useage which only leaves Mind Blast, SW: Death and Mind Flay (2 of which require me to be stationary, and the other one I take dmg from); can't just spam dots that keep getting cleansed. I barely get him down low enough before I die and He Lays on Hands himself. Back to full everything. I'm done (even if I Disperse to get mana back, I won't be getting life back). ALL I'M SAYING is it will be less annoying to face pallies now, which I am looking forward to. (this is just an example of one type of scenario. not saying I survive long enough with any class to kill a pally 3 times just because my class is that badass, even though I have done that with a few noob pallies)

Not to mention that if there is more than one pally in the same area, that I don't even want to be in the general vicinity (just a waste of mana. I might as well go try and kill something that will actually die).

P.S.

Yay for Shadow buffs in the upcoming patch. We definitely need them. (off topic I know lol)
    So you're on your shadow priest but you didn't dispel his bubble?