Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Mechagnome select20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    704

    Well, tonight was the last straw.....

    This isn't a complain post, more just an FYI for aspiring DK tanks out there. I was replaced tonight in my guild by a pally tank with gear not as good as mine. Our guild leader ran a 'damage taken' test between me and a pally for the night betweeen Ony25 and ToC25. To make a long story short, he took 38% less damage than I didfor the night. Needless to say I'm on the dps list now instead of tanking. I wasn't MT, another pally in our guild is MT, but I've been 2nd tank or OT for a few weeks now.

    Anways, I love tanking, I feel kinda bad but there isn't really anything I can do. I'm thinking of jumping on the band wagon and lvl up a pally. That way in the future if DK's ever edge out in front again, I won't have to worry about being sat out fo rtoo long.
    "A wise man fears and departs from evil, But a fool rages and is self-confident."

  2. #2
    Immortal Ronark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    7,252

    Re: Well, tonight was the last straw.....

    Quote Originally Posted by select20
    This isn't a complain post, more just an FYI for aspiring DK tanks out there. I was replaced tonight in my guild by a pally tank with gear not as good as mine. Our guild leader ran a 'damage taken' test between me and a pally for the night betweeen Ony25 and ToC25. To make a long story short, he took 38% less damage than I didfor the night. Needless to say I'm on the dps list now instead of tanking. I wasn't MT, another pally in our guild is MT, but I've been 2nd tank or OT for a few weeks now.

    Anways, I love tanking, I feel kinda bad but there isn't really anything I can do. I'm thinking of jumping on the band wagon and lvl up a pally. That way in the future if DK's ever edge out in front again, I won't have to worry about being sat out fo rtoo long.
    Bye.

  3. #3
    High Overlord Lt McHamburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Madness, Bottomless Pit - NY
    Posts
    127

    Re: Well, tonight was the last straw.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Bye.
    This.

    Cruel, eh?
    "Long past the nuclear annihilation that burned Earth to a scorched ball of fire, Gabe Newell awakens from his nap and jumps out of his underground shack, rides to the Los Angeles Convention Centre and announces Half Life 3, due to come out next week Valve time. The fourteen cockroaches and Keith Richards found underneath the bridge talking about how Richards snorted his uncle that survived the apocalypse, are happy." - Likelyhood of Half Life 3.

  4. #4

    Re: Well, tonight was the last straw.....

    /gquit

    ?

  5. #5

    Re: Well, tonight was the last straw.....

    well if you've been following the posts tonight, pallys ret and prot are starting to get nerfed again.
    May be worth sticking around for a bit
    nothing gamebreaking, but usually, 1-2 nerfs to pallys doesn't satisfy blizz, I sense more coming
    Quote Originally Posted by IceyDevil
    Dear Blizzard,
    Can our guild have a free pass on Northrend Beasts? We don't believe in harming animals, and would really prefer to not have to fight this boss. ToC looks like a really fun instance, and we would love to experience all your hard work, but we just cannot kill animals.

    Thanks!
    <VegansLOL>
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

    Sure, Why Not!
    We already hand everything out for free anyway.* Want a free legendary while we're at it?
    (Avatar too big.)

  6. #6

    Re: Well, tonight was the last straw.....

    you're a death knight.
    A DEATH KNIGHT
    A DEATH KNIGHT
    A DEATH KNIGHT
    A DEATH KNIGHT

    and they're stupid.
    go roll a real tank class.

  7. #7

    Re: Well, tonight was the last straw.....

    I rerolled my dk to dps not because I was being replaced but because I found tanking with him boring.

    When cataclysm comes out, here comes the Tauren pally! BEEFCAKE!!!

    Why is this in the paladin forums?


  8. #8

    Re: Well, tonight was the last straw.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Bye.
    Agreed, nobody cares, of course, when he does decide to leave nothing of value will be lost.

  9. #9
    Mechagnome select20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    704

    Re: Well, tonight was the last straw.....

    Well, bottom line, my GM is jsut doing what he thinks is best fo the guild, and if I have to sit out of tanking so be it. Bottom line, if I want to be the best tank, roll a Pally. Would I rather be loyal to my class? or do what I enjoy? which is tanking? I'll pick tanking anyday over dps'ing or healing, thats just me.

    Once again I'm not hating on Pally's, hell I'm going to roll one and see how I like it. This post was just a 'get it off my chest' kinda of thing.
    "A wise man fears and departs from evil, But a fool rages and is self-confident."

  10. #10

    Re: Well, tonight was the last straw.....

    Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall
    Why is this in the paladin forums?
    death knights cant read.

  11. #11

    Re: Well, tonight was the last straw.....

    I tank everything fine. Even Anub 25M Heroic....
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

  12. #12

    Re: Well, tonight was the last straw.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Lt McHamburger
    This.

    Cruel, eh?
    not at all
    Waiting on Cata
    SCII: Naret
    WoW: Naret, Destromath US

  13. #13

    Re: Well, tonight was the last straw.....

    Quote Originally Posted by nightcinder
    you're a death knight.
    A DEATH KNIGHT
    A DEATH KNIGHT
    A DEATH KNIGHT
    A DEATH KNIGHT

    and they're stupid.
    go roll a real tank class.
    Like.. a warrior? Or.. a warrior? Or.. I know, a warrior.

    Cause they're the only true tanking class. Pallies were healers in Vanilla and trash tanks in TBC.

  14. #14

    Re: Well, tonight was the last straw.....

    Quote Originally Posted by nightcinder
    death knights cant read.
    Oh, okay.


    Hey, wait a minute!


  15. #15

    Re: Well, tonight was the last straw.....

    Quote Originally Posted by nightcinder
    you're a death knight.
    A DEATH KNIGHT
    A DEATH KNIGHT
    A DEATH KNIGHT
    A DEATH KNIGHT

    and they're stupid.
    go roll a real tank class.
    i lol'd

    Quote Originally Posted by Saimene
    Like.. a warrior? Or.. a warrior? Or.. I know, a warrior.

    Cause they're the only true tanking class. Pallies were healers in Vanilla and trash tanks in TBC.
    Trash tanks... lol. Could have a shammy do that back then. Palies are plate wearers who wear shields. See the similarities compared to like... a warrior? Or... a warrior? Or... I know, a warrior. :
    “Bunter is like Voltron, except he’s just one guy instead of a pack of lions.”

  16. #16

    Re: Well, tonight was the last straw.....

    Gee, people are quick to jump the ship nowadays.

    Read patch notes: a) oh finally, a well warranted buff, we needed that for like 2 years now
    b) oh well, minor nerf, blizzard is stupid, nerfing our class all the time, but we'll handle
    c) oh GOD! we're soooo nerfed, blizzard must be preparing *class* to be taken out of the game completely! Run! Reroll!



    "Interestingly, the rain in Spain doesn't actually fall in the plain all that much."

  17. #17

    Re: Well, tonight was the last straw.....

    Perhaps you're geared incorrectly or undergeared and taking frustrations out on another class because they can do 'your' job better?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

  18. #18

    Re: Well, tonight was the last straw.....

    Quote Originally Posted by select20
    Well, bottom line, my GM is jsut doing what he thinks is best fo the guild, and if I have to sit out of tanking so be it. Bottom line, if I want to be the best tank, roll a Pally. Would I rather be loyal to my class? or do what I enjoy? which is tanking? I'll pick tanking anyday over dps'ing or healing, thats just me.

    Once again I'm not hating on Pally's, hell I'm going to roll one and see how I like it. This post was just a 'get it off my chest' kinda of thing.
    Haha fail. "if I want to be the best tank, roll a Pally."
    You just proved to everyone why you were replaced, because you don't know anything about tanking.

    Oh and your guildleader doesn't have a clue either.

  19. #19

    Re: Well, tonight was the last straw.....

    First of all, comparing tanks across different encounters is stupid. It's like comparing range dps to melee on a melee friendly fight, it just doesn't work and is stupid. Secondly, overall damage taken shouldn't be compared to with tanks simply because they all behave differently and take damage in differently. The only true comparison you can do for two tanks is having them both tank the exact same encounter and see if the healers really feel a difference in healing the two, and normally they won't in comparatively geared tanks, any difference will either be RNG or just them thinking it's easier.

    Any tank can tank any encounter atm, it shouldn't be enough to the point where it stalls your guild on encounters, and if it is then you're doing something wrong.

  20. #20
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    696

    Re: Well, tonight was the last straw.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezyweezy
    well if you've been following the posts tonight, pallys ret and prot are starting to get nerfed again.
    May be worth sticking around for a bit
    nothing gamebreaking, but usually, 1-2 nerfs to pallys doesn't satisfy blizz, I sense more coming
    actually when they nerf prot they tend to go back and undue it.

    Or make it slight change.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •