Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: so how about that WotF nerf on the ptr.....good for priests

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedPower
    There is no "manage", you use it on a fear or sleep. There is no fear or sleep you would use your triknet on instead. It is just a flat nerf that makes the human racial (well almost any racials) better for arena.

The point of it currently is to allow you to blow your trinket right after say you get feared and then you get cycloned. Now that you cannot do it, it is a worthless piece of crap. You can NOT blow it knowing you will get CC'ed by somthing else, so you might as well have another racial if your going to save it and use your trinket or wate for the end of the CC.

I would say any class but dranie and NE is > undead if this nerf goes through (for arena). Arena racial choices are about advantage in just 1 situation. Your job durring heavy burst. If you job is to heal you want to either heal better or remove/be immune to CC. If you are DPS you want to either live (if you are the one beeing bursted) or you want to do more damage (if you are bursting.) Having it share a cooldown gives no advantage becuase you could have just trinketed. Where as any other class in that situation has a trinket PLUSS their racial.

With that in mind it gives no advantage at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Uhuuu
    If I'm not mistaken, the shared cd is only 45 sec, so you will still be able to break fear twice as often as others, I don't really see how that is useless.

And the thing about not being able to remove 2 cc's in a row.. well.. now you know what all the other races in wow go through
    Hey bro, how about those humans with 2 trinket slots, or how about those orcs, trolls, (insert any race here) who are better for PvE?

Undeads were ONLY good for PvP and now they are nerfed even for that.

Quote Originally Posted by masterprtzl
    Hey bro, how about those humans with 2 trinket slots, or how about those orcs, trolls, (insert any race here) who are better for PvE?

Undeads were ONLY good for PvP and now they are nerfed even for that.
    Humans compared to other's for pvp get 1 free trinket slot.. it can give them some good utility/damage/statbuff but it would be useless to use the pvp trinket since it shares a full cd with their racial so they still only get one cc break.

I'll admit that undead perhaps deserves some pve racial, but you can't deny that in it's current form, wotf is just imbalanced for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Uhuuu
    Humans compared to other's for pvp get 1 free trinket slot.. it can give them some good utility/damage/statbuff but it would be useless to use the pvp trinket since it shares a full cd with their racial so they still only get one cc break.

I'll admit that undead perhaps deserves some pve racial, but you can't deny that in it's current form, wotf is just imbalanced for pvp.
    You misunderstood what i said

the human can use a battlemaster trinket AND A PvE trinket for extra damage.

Warriors can have the battle master as well as a grim toll!

no other race can do that. Undead had once every 2 min an extra get out of ONE type of CC- fear (well charm and seduce but those hardly count) it was good versus 3 classes max.

Quote Originally Posted by masterprtzl
    You misunderstood what i said

the human can use a battlemaster trinket AND A PvE trinket for extra damage.

Warriors can have the battle master as well as a grim toll!

no other race can do that. Undead had once every 2 min an extra get out of ONE type of CC- fear (well charm and seduce but those hardly count) it was good versus 3 classes max.
    Undead still have that, though they have to wait 45 sec after using trinket or vice versa, which I'll admit is quite the nerf from it's current form, but it's still useful against those same classes if the fight drags on.

As for humans, I don't play a warrior so I can't speak for them about exactly how powerful that specific trinket is for pvp, but yes the extra trinket slot is by no means a weak buff for pvp-ers. The stats/damage/utility you can get from one trinket can be rather significant.

Wotf in it's current form is kind of too powerful against a few classes, yet useless against the rest, which I guess on paper evened it out to a balanced ability, when it really isn't.

What they could do with this nerf already hitting undead hard is to make it a passive racial as suggested by someone earlier in the thread and then give undeads a racial that either isn't focused on countering just a few classes, or is focused around pve.

good vs warlock priest and warrior. OP even
    USELESS vs 7 classes

so they nerf it against the 3 so now its useful in some rare situation vs those 3 and still USELESS vs all other 7

so can they use their pvp trinket and then use wotf 45 seconds later or are they able to use wotf and then use their pvp trinket 45 seconds later

if they need to be forced to trinket and then use wotf, then that's kinda interesting

if they can use either and still use both in the course of a minute, then it still means priests are fucked vs UD

From what I've read I understand it like this:

You use WotF, you can't use trinket for 45 second
    You use Trinket, WotF gets put on a 2 minute CD

This is just what I picked up from skimming through threads I imagine I am totally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Briggs
    From what I've read I understand it like this:

You use WotF, you can't use trinket for 45 second
    You use Trinket, WotF gets put on a 2 minute CD

This is just what I picked up from skimming through threads I imagine I am totally wrong.
    Yep that's my understanding of it as well

how it works:

pop WoTF first -> trinket goes on 45s CD or resumes its Current CD (whichever is longer)
    pop Trinket first -> WoTF goes on a 45s CD

overall -> you get to break an additional fear /charm / sleep (lol?) effect once every 45 seconds.

Give it back to them and just let us shackle undead players again.

Quote Originally Posted by valkary
    sleep (lol?)
    Wyvern Sting

Quote Originally Posted by valkary
    how it works:

pop WoTF first -> trinket goes on 45s CD or resumes its Current CD (whichever is longer)
    pop Trinket first -> WoTF goes on a 45s CD

overall -> you get to break an additional fear /charm / sleep (lol?) effect once every 45 seconds.
    An extra CC break vs 3 classes every 45 seconds is worthless for the same reasons I stated in my last post.

Since it is mostly a PvP racial, and even more specifically an arena racial this change will make undead pointless for arena tops. You will never see one in a tournament again. Infact you may be hard pressed to find any hord teams that have priest healers. Since the only priests in the last tournament for hord were undead.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

That's a pretty extreme statement. Tournament realm players will most likely switch to triple Human now, yes, but that's about all. Alliance RMP was viable so non-Undead RMP is viable. All it really means is that BE/Troll are better options overall now, not that Undead makes you completely gimp. I will admit that I already switched to Blood Elf, but that's primarily for Arcane Torrent in PVE (which is op :P). The upcoming WotF suckage helped, but that's about all. Top Horde RMP as of 3.3 is most likely Orc/BE/BE. That said you could be right as the top RMP races are now all Alliance (Night Elf, Gnome, Human). That's only in RMP mirrors though. BE/Orc are actually better against a lot of other comps, like RLS.

I'd like to see the reason blizzard comes up with.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

Their reason's pretty obvious, honestly. Triple Undead RMP before 3.2 is a hard counter for non-triple Undead RMP. It was giving them bad PR via tournaments.

I dont think the reason is RMP mirror matches... If it is, that is not a good reason IMO. I dont think blizzard favors RMP in general. While they do buff rogues mages an priests, they do not do it to keep the synergy up, they only buff them where they need it.

I do not mind if the racial gets nerfed. It allows priest overall to function better and makes phycic scream not worhtless vs undead. The most frustrating thing I remember about classic wow is that my human priest could kill every rogue class BUT undead rogues and only becuase of the racial. But I still think that the current change makes the talent usless. I'd prefer a passive fear reduction by 15% then this 45 second rule change.

I dont think the reason is RMP mirror matches... If it is, that is not a good reason IMO. I dont think blizzard favors RMP in general. While they do buff rogues mages an priests, they do not do it to keep the synergy up, they only buff them where they need it.
    buff rogues
    Let me stop you right there. When did we get buffed?

WotF was good, it's not as good as every man for himself (OH GOD HE BROKE MY SEDUCE WTF OP), It's been nerfed before and I thought it was pretty in line with most of the other racials.. Obviously I was quite mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    Their reason's pretty obvious, honestly. Triple Undead RMP before 3.2 is a hard counter for non-triple Undead RMP. It was giving them bad PR via tournaments.
    Exactly this. All the tournaments I've watched consisted heavily of Triple UD RMP due to RMP being the best of 3v3 comps. It's the heart of Arena game-play, you take the easier way towards victory, thanks to PvP imbalance in the game favoring comps and racials the most. With the higher ladder having more RMP than the lower ones, this change is aimed at RMP's themselves.

Well, I do wonder what comp will take its place should RMP get nerfed?

I'm really, really sick of PvP balancing in this game. The balancing already causes incessant flaming in all of the forums worldwide, why Blizz just can't let go of "Same game, same mechanics" vision and separate the PvE and PvP, I really think it would be better off. I only do PvE, and not even that for the last 2 months, so this is my reasoning. There are a lot of people who are only interested in one aspect of the game, and those who are interested in both can very well take the separation and be happy with it.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

More BELFS inc soon.
    Although, not all racials have been announced some good be worse.
    Don't jump to conclusions.
    Banned.