Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Power Word :Barrier

    We have no news about this spell.

    Did Blizzard gave up the idea of giving disci priest a group shield ?
    It's not because we like a steack that we want to know who's the cow.

  2. #2

    Re: Power Word :Barrier

    Last thing that was said was something along the lines of they still want to do it but the coding was to hard.

  3. #3
    Herald of the Titans -Ethos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    2,646

    Re: Power Word :Barrier

    They gave PWS no CD to make up for Barrier.

    5069-5224-8275 Pokemon Friend Safari - Ice: Lapras / Snorunt / Sneasel

  4. #4

    Re: Power Word :Barrier

    Quote Originally Posted by Vashta
    Last thing that was said was something along the lines of they still want to do it but the coding was to hard.
    If I remember correctly, this is pretty much what happened and they didn't want to release 3.1 later just because of one spell, so they just gave us the PW:S talent for no cooldown.

  5. #5

    Re: Power Word :Barrier

    Anyone thought of the aftermath of them giving us PW Barrier. Like taking away the PW Shield talented CD?

    Just a thought.

  6. #6

    Re: Power Word :Barrier

    Paladins talent spell http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=64205 is quite different but why could we not see similar type of 3 min cd spell that would shield whole party / raid.

    This ofc would be just new spell 8) and would cost like 5xpws mana or not

    Edit: spamming shields on people gets abit boring this just would change this abit...

  7. #7

    Re: Power Word :Barrier

    IMO it would differ from Disc's key aim too much anyway. If it was a cooldown ability it would be just another panic button like Divine Hymn and Disc already has that. Sure, you try and bubble an entire raid in preperation for raid damage but giving you a single button that does it isn't what Blizzard want the class to do. And giving Disc more raid damage prevention viablity (See, I didn't say healing) kind of detracts from Holy, obviously the fags Bliz are they have to balance our classes 2 healing specs around each other not other healing classes.

    It would be cool, but it would be a bit of an outside spell. I mean an extreme example would be... well I can't really think of a good one cose we are the only class with two healing specs and I think we get a bit short changed because of that =P
    Has opinions about stuff.
    Character - Danrar (Forever Holy Priest)

  8. #8

    Re: Power Word :Barrier

    They could give it, say, 6 sec CD shared with normal PW:S to balance things out.
    You see, there's this thing called "aggro". It's a very complicated, very technical roleplaying expression.
    Loosely translated, it means "the priest dies".

  9. #9
    Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    2,971

    Re: Power Word :Barrier

    Or make it channeled!

    Discipline Priests OHSHI- Button

    I'll suggest:

    Power Word: Barrier Rank 1
    31% of base mana 40 yd range
    Channeled 1,5 min cooldown

    Draws on the souls of all party or raid members to shield the 5 lowest health friendly party or raid targets which will absorb up to 2230 damage. Each additional 1,0 second channeled will shield 1 additional party or raid members with the lowest amount of health, and reinforce the shields of those already shielded by an additional 10%. The Priest must channel to maintain the re-casting of new shields. The shield will not be reinforced more then 50% of it's original effect. Up to a maximum of 15 targets may be shielded at any time. Channeling lasts a maximum of 10 seconds. Shields lasts 15 seconds before automatically breaking. May only be cast when in combat. Causes the http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=6788.

    To break it down to you:

    -Instantly shield 5 low-hp members.
    -Every second an additional shield to ANOTHER low-hp member
    -Every second shields which still last get stronger by 10%
    -Shield's power increased is a maximum of +50%
    -Shields last 15 seconds each (but get refreshed whenever you maintain the spell, and reinforce the current shield)
    -Max 15 targets
    -May only be cast IN combat
    -Causes http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=6788 to prevent stacking of the buff.

    Priest also get's to chose to just instantly shield 5 targets, abort the spell and simply resume normal healing.
    OR
    Maintain the spell, and instantly shield 5 + 1 target every second for a total of 15 targets
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

    ~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

  10. #10
    Stood in the Fire darkfireyguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    456

    Re: Power Word :Barrier

    I always thought that it would work like a DK Anti-Magic shell but would take in physical damage and adsorb all of the damage

    A down side with this would be that it would be near to useless in fights where you need to spread out, which seems like all of them these days
    Proud Healer Since 2007
    "Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid."

  11. #11

    Re: Power Word :Barrier

    idk a multi target one gcd bubble would put disc threw the roof in arena op.

    only way to kill disc now is to do a nasty switch when they dont have a bubble and silence chain. 100% bubble uptime without thinking about it might be pushing it.

  12. #12

    Re: Power Word :Barrier

    I think they should make PW:B as CoH. A talent spell that let us to shield the target and 5 people around it for a special shield that prevents 50% of damage absorbed by normal PW:S. Istant, 6 sec cd. Shields would last, don't know, 10 secs and they don't stack with PW:S.

  13. #13

    Re: Power Word :Barrier

    But what if this spell didn't just Shield the entire party/raid, it was a placeable spell much like Hurricane or Volley.

    The priest can actually create a barrier (wall) which people can use for LoS or blocking a big Boss spell and whatnot.

    something like.

    Power Word: Barrier - 36% base mana - 10min CD

    The priest places a 7 yard Barrier in it's desired position. This Barrier lasts for 30 seconds or absorbs up to 10,000 damage.

    So for example, if a spell were to hit for 12,000 damage, the Barrier would be destroyed, and the spell negated. If a spell hit for 5000 damage, the Barrier would have 5000 damage absorption left.

    I think this would be quite a cool mechanic, and more fun than a raid/party wide bubble particularly in PvE. I realise that Disco priests currently have a lot of utility currently in PvP, but with an on average 1 per arena match, and a high mana cost, and the fact the other team can also use it to line of sight with, I don't think this would be vastly unfair.

  14. #14

    Re: Power Word :Barrier

    Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator
    Or make it channeled!

    Discipline Priests OHSHI- Button

    I'll suggest:

    Power Word: Barrier Rank 1
    31% of base mana 40 yd range
    Channeled 1,5 min cooldown

    Draws on the souls of all party or raid members to shield the 5 lowest health friendly party or raid targets which will absorb up to 2230 damage. Each additional 1,0 second channeled will shield 1 additional party or raid members with the lowest amount of health, and reinforce the shields of those already shielded by an additional 10%. The Priest must channel to maintain the re-casting of new shields. The shield will not be reinforced more then 50% of it's original effect. Up to a maximum of 15 targets may be shielded at any time. Channeling lasts a maximum of 10 seconds. Shields lasts 15 seconds before automatically breaking. May only be cast when in combat. Causes the http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=6788.

    To break it down to you:

    -Instantly shield 5 low-hp members.
    -Every second an additional shield to ANOTHER low-hp member
    -Every second shields which still last get stronger by 10%
    -Shield's power increased is a maximum of +50%
    -Shields last 15 seconds each (but get refreshed whenever you maintain the spell, and reinforce the current shield)
    -Max 15 targets
    -May only be cast IN combat
    -Causes http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=6788 to prevent stacking of the buff.

    Priest also get's to chose to just instantly shield 5 targets, abort the spell and simply resume normal healing.
    OR
    Maintain the spell, and instantly shield 5 + 1 target every second for a total of 15 targets
    Very well thought and concise

  15. #15

    Re: Power Word :Barrier

    I'm honestly not a big fan of ground targeting spells.... it breaks my flow.

    PW:B will likely make an appearance in 'clysm... though I am uncertain if it will be the priestly version of anti-magic zone, or the Disco version of PoH.

  16. #16

    Re: Power Word :Barrier

    Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-
    ]
    I'm honestly not a big fan of ground targeting spells.... it breaks my flow.

    PW:B will likely make an appearance in 'clysm... though I am uncertain if it will be the priestly version of anti-magic zone, or the Disco version of PoH.
    I myself would much prefer a version of Anti Magic Zone over a "Prayer of Shielding". The "Hymn of Shielding" that was suggested in this thread by Baabi is a completely original take and I have to say that I am a fan.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  17. #17

    Re: Power Word :Barrier

    The animation for the spell is already in the game files so I would assume they tried or are still trying to do it. Chances are though, it'll be a Cataclysm thing. Why use a new spell idea now when they can just use it for the expansion! That's just one less talent they will have to think up later.

  18. #18

    Re: Power Word :Barrier

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    I myself would much prefer a version of Anti Magic Zone over a "Prayer of Shielding". The "Hymn of Shielding" that was suggested in this thread by Baabi is a completely original take and I have to say that I am a fan.
    I like the premise of "Hymn of Shielding." However, it would be too much for both disco and holy to have both. If this were implemented, Divine Hymn would have to become a deep holy talent, and "Hymn of Shielding" deep disco.

  19. #19

    Re: Power Word :Barrier

    To be honest my concern would be that having an ability like this would push Holy even more into no-mans land. Blizzard is most likely equally concerned as they watch the high end guilds treat Disc as high priority, while using Holy and Resto Druids interchangeably. A buff to Disc in AOE potential puts Blizzard in a tight spot for both Resto Druids and Holy Priests in terms of viability.

  20. #20

    Re: Power Word :Barrier

    Quote Originally Posted by harky
    To be honest my concern would be that having an ability like this would push Holy even more into no-mans land. Blizzard is most likely equally concerned as they watch the high end guilds treat Disc as high priority, while using Holy and Resto Druids interchangeably. A buff to Disc in AOE potential puts Blizzard in a tight spot for both Resto Druids and Holy Priests in terms of viability.
    They're walking on eggshells about Discipline, because if its supposed lack of scaling (to be fair they still don't have a conversion stat, wtf?). It has fallen behind in 25's, when it comes to Tank Healers. But that's because we're a hybrid and Paladins are pure, amirite? : It's just Flash Heal doesn't keep up, and even with DF, it takes a fare chunk of Haste to bring it back to a workhorse level. And if there's another healer assisting you, then yeah...

    But if you look at the good Discipline Priests that are running around, they're doing more than tank healing, and much much more than spamming shields every GCD to "top effectiveness" (which isn't, by the way). A Disc Priest that "snipes" people's heals with an instant cast shield effectively guarantees that the target's not going to die when that Prayer or Chain finishes casting (or Wild Growth actually ticks). The delicate balance is keeping them as support, not to overtake Holy on raid "healing" (or utility) or to push Paladins out of a job... again. And considering the options and flexibility of the Holy Priest, I doubt we'll see all of us disappear, just a few more realizing the spec isn't as bad as they thought.

    TL;DR: Good priests will split between Holy and Disc, bad non-priests will always critique Disc for "sucking" at the meter game, and now the bads are spec'ing it because it's Flavor of the month.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •