3.3 Heroics dropping Triumph or Conquest?

I might have missed something here, but as far as I know you can only get Triumph ( or Frost ) by completing
    the daily Random quests and the bosses in the heroics themselves will continue dropping Conquest? Or will that be converted to Triumph too? I'm a tad confused here, any help or notificiations are much appreciated :-)

Re: 3.3 Heroics dropping Triumph or Conquest?

All heroic badges get bumped up one level, same as they did last patch.
    You get frost marks for the daily.

Emblems of Frost are coming from the Heroic Daily and ICC.
    Everything else will be changed to Triumph.
    God help us all.

15+ Year Old Account

Sadly, by the time this change happens I'll have all my tank gear from my Triump D:, Even the 245 stuffs.

Oh well, my dps set needs gearing right?

That being said, as someone who hasnt touched his lock since April and wants to raid on him again, I support this change.

Emblems of Frost come from Daily Hero, and the Random Hero
    Triumph comes from all heros, and random normal.

Random being the first normal/heroic you do that day.

MORE LOOT FOR MY 6 80's!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinyknight
    As far as I can tell:

Anything which currently gives you any kind of emblem will now give emblems of triumph, which presumably includes the daily dungeon and daily heroic quests.

The new heroic 5 man(s) give emblems of triumph.

The new raid(s) give emblems of frost, these can be used to buy 10 man T10, new relics and presumably some other stuff too.

There will be a new weekly raid quest, similar to the daily heroic (e.g I saw a quest called "Malygos must die!") that rewards emblems of frost, I don't know how many but I would presume 1 or 2.
    Gives 10 Emblems of Frost. Hopefully they don't let daily heroic give Emblems of Frost.

There no Daily Heroics.

Daily Heroics and Daily Dungeons are being removed, Weekly Raid is being put in their place and the achievements for doing all Daily Heroic/Daily Dungeon quests are being made Feats of Strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacenik
    There no Daily Heroics.
    Daily Heroics and Daily Dungeons are being removed
    Not exactly. The quests are removed, but the rewards still exist. See "Daily Random Heroic/Dungeon".
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

Deleted

Dang and i had a list of gear to get with conquest >.>

Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    Dang and i had a list of gear to get with conquest >.>
    Hey you can still get conquest gear. You'll be able to trade triumph for conquest.
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Milamber
    Hey you can still get conquest gear. You'll be able to trade triumph for conquest.
    1>1?
    doesnt really matter now though

i cant play the game atm, so i wrote a list of gear to get ready to pug ICC dungeons and hopefully 10man raid but now i re-wrote it- ashame cos plate dps helmet with conquest was awesome(looking)

According to the patch notes, heroics will now drop Emblem of Triumph.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    The only new glyph we are ready to announce right now is the Glyph of Divine Shield, which reduces the cast time of your Hearthstone whenever Divine Shield is active.

10+ Year Old Account

Yes, now everyone will be guaranteed full t9 from heroics. It's sick. Good for your alts though. But I cannot judge how good a player is from their gear anymore. I often still fail at that. I see people with t8 and I thinks "Aaah, this will be an easy and smooth run" and they end up lower than the tank. Dear lord. No one are raiding Naxxramas or ulduar anymore. Partly because ToC is EASIER, but also that the gear is so much better from there too.
    Vol'jin fanboy

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Milamber
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    1>1?
    doesnt really matter now though
    You can even trade it now if you want, at the money changer at the sewer bank. 1 Triumph for 1 Conquest.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawaam
    Yes, now everyone will be guaranteed full t9 from heroics. It's sick. Good for your alts though. But I cannot judge how good a player is from their gear anymore.
    Given that T9.5 still requires either getting to a Tribute Chest on 10-man or downing ToC25 bosses and winning the trophy, you should be able to use that.

The gear compression is deliberate. Blizzard wants to make it so that a skilled player can pull their own in a 10-man if they're in best-in-slot Heroic gear. This allows someone to go from level 1 to progression quickly, and avoids the pain that was raiding alts in TBC.

Not to mention that it'll take a few weeks for "terribads" to pick up their T9 and badge stuff, and by that point you should be seeing some ICC loots coming your way.

Yes, now everyone will be guaranteed full t9 from heroics. It's sick. Good for your alts though. But I cannot judge how good a player is from their gear anymore. I often still fail at that. I see people with t8 and I thinks "Aaah, this will be an easy and smooth run" and they end up lower than the tank. Dear lord. No one are raiding Naxxramas or ulduar anymore. Partly because ToC is EASIER, but also that the gear is so much better from there too.
    Sigh,

So, you blame people that get easy epix by badges but you filter players based on achievements/gear so you get the better epix "easy" ?

lol, doubblestandard much?
    If you are dying to get yourself carried tru an instance just get them link some HC achievements and then go do your instances.

I rather enjoy pulling leet green machines thru content and learn them a few tricks and make them play better and most of them are rather thankfull of it.

And if you get that morron that does not want to take advice or does stupid things all around, well you are the leader.. the [remove] button is only 2 clicks away.

Blizz doesn't want new 80's or alts to have to run the "normal" progression path anymore this far into the xpac.

It would suck bigtime if i have to run my DK tank tru naxx10>naxx25/os>ud10>ud25 before i can get a shot on tanking totc for the alts and socials in my guild.
    If you have bad luck on drops it can take weeks to gear up properly.

Now i can run toc5normal for some great stuff, get better stuff in toc5 hc, farm some hc's with guildies and get some craftable's/boe drops/badge t8 and t9 and have fun on a non raid night tanking stuff i'm used to dps' ing down in our main raid nights.

My guild has around 80 unique people in it (about 40 ot those are raiders, the rest are retired raiders and friends) all with 2 or more 80's and currently we are giving Anub 25HM a shot and that does not take 5 raidnights (clearing normal+4 HM bosses takes 1, doing 10normal+hc takes 1hour and a bit).
    So, enough free time to do other things and enough people to do it with.

We have fun on off nights with our alts/socials just because and thanx to the easy way it is to lvl and gear up a new toon atm.

The old "better than the tank" test doesn't say as much anymore. My pally tank often ends up 1st or 2nd even on very fast and smooth heroic runs. I've been #1 damage @ 3k dps while a dpser was #2 damage @ 4k dps.
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer

great way to leave my old main behind and start a new one. I recently leveled my paladin to 80, got him [epic] geared, now all I need to do is wait for the next patch, do heroics every hour of ever day for 1-2 weeks (hurray random heroic, and finding more groups)
    after that I'll just casually march into icecrown 10 will full t9, and apply to a new guild that will give me a spot in icecrown 25.

thank god I am not wasting my time doing heroic daily everyday anymore, whenever I see a scrub in full t9 right now, I just facepalm, because all his dedication will have been worthless,.. WORTHLESS!

Quote Originally Posted by Bananengurke
    great way to leave my old main behind and start a new one. I recently leveled my paladin to 80, got him [epic] geared, now all I need to do is wait for the next patch, do heroics every hour of ever day for 1-2 weeks (hurray random heroic, and finding more groups)
    after that I'll just casually march into icecrown 10 will full t9, and apply to a new guild that will give me a spot in icecrown 25.

thank god I am not wasting my time doing heroic daily everyday anymore, whenever I see a scrub in full t9 right now, I just facepalm, because all his dedication will have been worthless,.. WORTHLESS!
    There is no reason to not be in full tier 9 at the moment. Unless you can't be bothered which is fair enough. Most guilds will be running TOC10/25 on their off nights for alts. In which case you should find it relativly easy to get into a group, that while not geared. Is easly competent enough to clear content. And currently being competent is all it really takes.

I'm in the process of leveling my very first alt. I intend to have him in TOC10/25 the week after he dings 80. Which is easly doable, if you can be arsed with it.

Heroics drop Emblems of Triumph.
    All raids below Icecrown Citadel drop Emblems of Triumph.
    Icecrown Citadel drops Emblem of Frost.

If you use the LFG tool to complete a random dungeon, you will obtain 2 Emblems of Frost and about 26 gold. This can be done once per day.

If you continue to use the LFG tool to complete a random dungeon, you will obtain 2 Emblems of Triumph and about 16 gold for each one you complete.

The weekly raid quest which replaces both the daily and heroic daily currently rewards 5 Emblems of Triumph and 5 Emblems of Frost.