bad dps warrior?

:P i cant seem to pull more then 4k dps in a 25man at most, sometimes around 3k, im wondering, do you think it has something to do with gear, or am i just bad lol

im gona try something new with my rotation this week

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ing&n=Krushall

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: bad dps warrior?

Expertise
    What? Why? When? Who? Which? How? Wait...
    Havoc Demon Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Monolith of Mazes View Post
    Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnn! The thick plottens.

I'm no warrior expert, but judging by your equip you should be around 4/4.5k in a 25man. Weapons are a key point for every twohander melee, try to get at least a 232 and you should see a significant increase. When an expert warrior will come here will tell you about gems/enchants/spec, i don't have enough knowledge to help you on that matter.

Hmmm... yeah, that expertise is really low and could be the reason. Rotations go smoother when you're exp-capped.
    "Seeping crest of turbidity, arrogant vessel of lunacy.
    Boil forth and deny, grow numb and flicker, disrupting sleep.
    Crawling queen of iron, eternally self-destructing doll of mud.
    Unite, repulse. Fill with soil and know your own powerlessness."

Primera - Elemental Shaman - <Vedo La Gente Morta> - Pozzo dell'Eternità IT

! i was gona resocket 2 gems for expertise last night but i forgot, thank you for reminding me

Expertise is too low, try to aim for 26.
    Hit is too high, only need 5% or you could take some points from precision.

Whats your rotation? Should be WW > BT > Slam (if proc'd) > HS (rage dump).

And as others have told me, you only have ilvl219 weps.

Ok, looking at your gear i would recomend going arms, fury isn't even close to arms in dps untill you have a gear rating of 2500. Also if you do stay fury you need loads of hit rating (a lot of damage comes from your white attacks). Look to be aiming for about 350-400 hit rating if you stay fury.

Spec is ok, I personnaly would never put pts in cleave, it's a total waste.

Enrage rocks, there's a lot of raid dmg that can proc it.
    Improve execution is nice too.

Level up your jewelcrafting ASAP. That will give you a nice dps bonus.

Gemming/enchanting, you have too much hit, you need only 5% with precision. Get more expertise or strength.

The rest is your gear. All of it is kinda low item lvl, so don't expect miracle.

Quote Originally Posted by roarzol
    Ok, looking at your gear i would recomend going arms, fury isn't even close to arms in dps untill you have a gear rating of 2500. Also if you do stay fury you need loads of hit rating (a lot of damage comes from your white attacks). Look to be aiming for about 350-400 hit rating if you stay fury.
    @ OP : Whatever you do, don't ever listen to what he ^ said ... Such failure hurts to read.

D: i know my gear isnt that great just joined a raiding guild and nothings dropped for me so far

Quote Originally Posted by Shamb
    @ OP : Whatever you do, don't ever listen to what he ^ said ... Such failure hurts to read.
    I think i would know, i play a warrior i have experimented a lot with trying out fury and arms, I do know what I'm talking about :P don't worry.

And arms has been far better for dps since my gear got to a rating of 2500.

berserker enchants, try for the trinket from FL10 and get some more expertise maybe
    Black pepper doritos ftw....

lol and whoever said 400 hit rating.... lol... at .... ur ....face.... noob.... LIES
    Black pepper doritos ftw....

Quote Originally Posted by roarzol
    I think i would know, i play a warrior i have experimented a lot with trying out fury and arms, I do know what I'm talking about :P don't worry.

And arms has been far better for dps since my gear got to a rating of 2500.
    Dude .. you should've quit...

Melee = 15% of a fury warrior's dmg ... So you want him to gear up for something that will benefit only 15% of his dmg ?!?! I am not worried... you ARE a noob.

The lower the gear, the more melee dmg you do, cause you use less heroic strike, but it never goes above 20%-25% ... so hit above 5% only boost MAX 25% of your dmg... that SUCKS.

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat...0068#damageout
    Here's a wws from a top warrior, just to prove my point.

THAT'S why your dps as fury sucked, cause you didn't know how to play, or at least how to gear.

Yes Arms roughly = Fury at lower gear. But it's not better, and the guy's fury probably cause he likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzy
    lol and whoever said 400 hit rating.... lol... at .... ur ....face.... noob.... LIES
    Ok let me explain, fury is a spec based around two fast weapons so a lot of damage comes from white attacks, as does rage generation. Rage generation is a problem with fury most of the time. Having lots of hit rating allows your white attacks to hit a lot more, and as well as helping rage generation it also helps your damage a bit. There is no point having an off hand weapon, even a main hand weapon when you can't use any of your abilities for that matter, and not being able to hit with it.

You only need 5% hit with precision. Whatever that guy said about 350-400 is completely wrong now. It's not BAD to get hit rating after the 5%, but it becomes outweighed by other stats. Just think of it as a little bonus.

You should replace your gems with all expertise gems in order to get to the cap (26). If you are at ~25, you can stop gemming for it, as it becomes detrimental at that point. I'm not sure about exact ratings (I think it's around 216 expertise?), but I would download Landsoul's DPS spreadsheet from elitistjerks.com and start playing around with gear you can obtain and gems. If you can nab yourself a Grim Toll (or Mjolnir), your DPS will increase dramatically as well. Your ArP is a good level for when one is obtained.

Another thing people overlook: It's worth the extra money (or honor farming) for epic gems, especially when trying to get expertise capped. Not many people realize how much that extra 4 rating adds up to. Once you can get expertise capped from gear alone, use strength gems in all slots except yellow, where you will want to use 10 str/10 crit gems. I wouldn't spend the money on berserker enchants for your current weapons. I would wait until you get a 232 or 245 that you will have for a while.

As other people have mentioned, you may want to consider trying out arms. At the current level of your gear, it is nearly impossible to have good itemization for good fury DPS. Arms may wield better numbers, since it is not as gear reliant. Once you start getting into higher level items, fury will be better.

Glad to see people actually trying to do better. Best of luck to ya!

Oh, an @ Roarzol:
    This is WOTLK, not Burning Crusade or pre-BC. Hit rating used to be important, but not now. When the rotation is done correctly, technically only off hand hits are white, which are a minuscule amount of damage. Once you raid higher level 25's, you will see that rage generation is fine when spamming heroic strike.

Ok then fair enough :P, thanks for explaining without being an ass at least, it's just that all the warriors in my guild know/think that a lot of hit will help rage generation but ok im not gonna argue anymore.

Improved execute > Enrage from what I remember. Could be out-dated, though. Cleave is only good for situational fights (Anub hard mode) and not as a base spec.

And really, the one thing I get from this forum is that people are quick to call someone an idiot, yet they can not back up anything they say. At least Roar was explaining himself. I had the courtesy to provide solid data from spreadsheets and testing that out-date his data. It's different than saying "LOL U SUK KBAI REROLL LOLOL."

I must say, I read these forums a lot, and laugh at the idiotic comments people post. I'm not talking about idiotic comments such as wrong explanations or incorrect theorycrafting. I'm talking about the ones that call someone a noob and that's it. It is not constructive at all, and every one of you who does that should be banned from this forum.

And I agree in regards to the OP: Jewelcrafting is a great (though costly if not farmed) profession to level up. The extra stats from gems really helps you out, especially the 34 expertise gems when gearing up.

Cleaned it up a bit here, the man has learned his mistake and has owned up...nothing further to say about it.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org