Thread: Help versus RMP

Help versus RMP

Hello,

im currently playing 3v3 with the following setup: Survival hunter, resto druid and retri pally.
    We only just started and seem to be doing pretty decent against most setups. However when meeting RMP we pretty much lose 90% of the time, unless they are terribly bad.

Therefor im basicly asking for advise. Whenever we seem to zerg the priest down, the rogue jumps on the hunter and takes him out of the game for ~10 sec. When we focus on the mage he tends to iceblock while the rogue does the same trick and the priets heals the mage back up. When going for the rogue we have the problem of chain-sheeping on the hunter/pally mostly.
    The ammount of CC is pretty annoying and we cant seem to get anything down before we go down ourselfs.

Any advice would be much appriciated!
    Thank you!

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Help versus RMP

I'm no expert however I would advise keeping the rogue out the game, roots, cyclone, traps, everything and put constant pressure on the mage. Once he iceblocks twice it's game over. Try to avoid the Priest and his fears.

First rule vs an RMP is to avoid the sap get in combat as early as possible make sure your pally is Divine sacrificing out of sheeps / blinds as much as he can.

I find burning the rogue to be the best bet even with max resilience they have rather poor survivability make sure the ret HoJs evasion and pop CDs to burst. Force the CoS / Vanish / Prep reset swap to the mage for a bit until the rouge pops back out (if you get super lucky your hunter will auto attack the rouge out of vanish and you can keep bursting him). Your set up doesn’t have great CC but without a poison dispel you can count on http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=49012 for full duration. Have ret repentance the priest when he runs in to fear bomb then wyvern sting, chain cyclone if the rogue isn't dead by then you didn't really have a chance to begin with.

If you can avoid the sap and the ret successfully breaks the sheep / blind early then your half way to winning already.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireBorne
    mongoloid?! wtf is that, you sound like a festeezio(see i can make up words too)

Honestly, i would train the mage to start. If you can force him to play defensively then you'll reduce his dmg output by 90% and keep him from CCing. Once the rogue pops his trinket then he's pretty easy to gib via HOJ+cooldowns while the priest is cycloned. If you guys had O dispell i would say train the mage from start to finish but just blow lots of CC on the rogue to force a trinket and once he does, swap and apply pressure liberally.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

Use LoS to your advantage.

The Druid is your game winner. Alternate cyclone on Mage first, then Priest. Focus is the rogue. Hunter drops frost trap, kite around it and roots while keeping cleanse poison up. After he blows his cooldowns or vanishes, CC the Mage to prevent them from bursting someone down. Rinse and repeat. You should be able to kill him 2nd time around with a little CC on their Priest.

u all make it sound like its so easy
    hoj rogue and pwn mage ==> eeeerm cant a priest dispell hoj?

We just changed from Druid/Surv/Lock to your comp. Its worth mentioning our MMR jumped up by 250 after the first game with the new comp, and we got our first win against a 2100+ team the same night. We had to call it early, or we would have 1900 the same night. This is my opinion on RMP atm:

-Focusing the priest is a waste of time, because as long as he is not cc'd he is not going to die easily, and he can LoS while still doing his job if he is being focused.
    -The mage has a shield and iceblock that makes him very hard to kill, and there are no counters to either of these.
    -The rogue has vanish, but this can be countered with faerie fire. The priest will have a hard time dispelling the FF if the rogue is taking damage because he will need to heal constantly. Additionally, if the rogue LoS's you, he is not doing his job.

So:
    -avoid the sap
    -the person being attacked by the rogue should LoS the mage as much as possible. Beyond that, spread out to avoid a bad fearbomb, and be ready to move to the LoS if the rogue switches to you.
    -your trinkets should be used on the blind, or to save someone's life
    -dps the rogue
    -use scatter shot --> frost trap on the priest when it is up, cyclone the priest as the trap ends if possible.
    -put faerie fire up on the rogue when there is an opportunity
    -Repentence and Wyvern sting should be used only to CC the mage to save someone's life, or to CC the priest if it will likely result in a kill on the rogue

Thanks for all the advise so far

Going for the rogue was our idea aswell. Now we actually have to get some success with that. Its indeed mostly the combination of the mage/rogue killing someone, so trying to get out of LoS is vital. Thats sometimes hard though cause of the combination of all the stuns (rogue) + freezes (mage).
    I'll update when we manage to get it going..