Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Emalon the Epeen

Just wondering but does anyone else like putting scrub dps in their place while doing emalon.

Its a game i have only recently started playing, but i go on the adds in VoA25 for emalon and just tank the crap out of them. Sure it means that you will lose a few of the adds that need to get picked up when they respawn but the fun you can have by watching the dps going nuts is worth every penny.
    Yes its a bit childish but there is so much mileage in it.

Yes i know its pointless dps, not denying that, but it is great fun.

Re: Emalon the Epeen

What are you talking about?

...?

15+ Year Old Account

I think he means that instead of hitting the boss he is hitting the adds to increase his overal dps ( even tho he contributes barely anything to the raid )

So basically you're saying you're a jackass who is a bad tank.

I like peanut butter ;D
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

hmmm creamy

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Irresponsibility at it's best: OP is focused more on topping the meters than actually helping the raid out.

When I see something like that - especially if the idiot links the meters just to stroke their e-peen - I like to link the recount report of where their damage went, then mercilessly make fun of their inability to understand the fight and contribute in a meaningful fashion. 100% damage to adds in Emalon (as a DPS) is fail... and deserves a kick from the raid.

(Guess I should stop feeding the troll now, eh?)

Lol.. as usual people take this the wrong way.
    I am not talking about a dps aoe'ing the adds, i am talking about a tank tanking the adds.
    Its an incredibly boring job as i am sure most people will be aware, so why not have a bit of fun with it. Its not as though its progression raiding or anything, but thanks for the comments

It's just horrible if you kill all of the adds at least once and you need to pick them up again, but yeah topping the meters on Emalon as OT is fun :>

10+ Year Old Account

I kill the adds with Command by accident and the OT gets mad

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Telant
    Lol.. as usual people take this the wrong way.
    I am not talking about a dps aoe'ing the adds, i am talking about a tank tanking the adds.
    Its an incredibly boring job as i am sure most people will be aware, so why not have a bit of fun with it. Its not as though its progression raiding or anything, but thanks for the comments
    In that case, I apologize for my misunderstanding, and retract my previous post. The tank doing a metric badger load of damage on the adds is perfectly acceptable.

Sometimes on my moonkin I put insect swarms on all the adds (and the new ones that come after they have been picked up) so that I get more instant cast starfires on the main boss. I am not sure if this actually increases my damage on the main boss though (althought with all those insect swarms ticking I do get a lot of instant cast starfires).

AND...as well as sometimes doing this on the adds I also came over to the pally forums and randomly told you guys about it.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Roar111
    Sometimes on my moonkin I put insect swarms on all the adds (and the new ones that come after they have been picked up) so that I get more instant cast starfires on the main boss. I am not sure if this actually increases my damage on the main boss though (althought with all those insect swarms ticking I do get a lot of instant cast starfires).

AND...as well as sometimes doing this on the adds I also came over to the pally forums and randomly told you guys about it.
    At least it isn't QQ

Quote Originally Posted by Roar111

we welcome it, you didn't say you hate us, that we suck, haha nerf... Seriously can i be your friend ???
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

I know exactly what you mean. Done this a couple of times myself as protadin.

Check the right chat. I am the paladin named Loyalar, at #4 damage done. 3800 dps :P

Mind you, this is a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Borigrad
    we welcome it, you didn't say you hate us, that we suck, haha nerf... Seriously can i be your friend ???
    Retardins, Holytards, and Protards a) SUCK, b) everyone hates them (including other Retardins, Holytards, and Protards), c) Nerf 'em TO TEH GROUND BABEH...toooo tehhh G.R.O.U.N.D.!

There, i done it. Now no one else needs to derail this thread.

On topic, raping down the adds as a tank on ema IS uber funz. Especially when the healers and/or maintank start to run around like headless chicken when the see adds spawning like horny gnomes. Tho, even that doesn't top seeing the dps shitting themselves when they get flamed for being under the OT, oh the irony of e-peen strokers .

Quote Originally Posted by DocQuantum
    In that case, I apologize for my misunderstanding, and retract my previous post. The tank doing a metric badger load of damage on the adds is perfectly acceptable.
    Acceptable, but totally pointless and complicates the fight without any reason but topping the meter.
    Complicates because you need to catch new adds and every time you risk of healer or DPS being hit and maybe even killed if will be really unlucky.
    So childish at least and irresponsible if being honest.
    It's a shame that you can't be banned from WOW for being bad player.
    It's a shame that you can be banned for being good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kungen
    Banned for raiding.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zargzak
    Acceptable, but totally pointless and complicates the fight without any reason but topping the meter.
    Complicates because you need to catch new adds and every time you risk of healer or DPS being hit and maybe even killed if will be really unlucky.
    So childish at least and irresponsible if being honest.
    It's an incredibly boring (and easy) fight when tanking the adds, let alone tanking the boss, so having some fun while doing it isn't really that irresponsible if you know what you're doing. I used to be able to pull 5.6-5.8k DPS tanking the adds on Emalon, without having the adds cause problems for healers or DPS. There's a break between spawns even if two adds die at roughly the same time, so you should be able to pick them up easily enough.

The only problem was when DPS started to aoe the adds as well, because they wanted to see if they could top me.

Quote Originally Posted by vespin

who teached you how to spell?
    lol. wait your having a bash at someone for their spelling when you put "teached" rather than taught

oh dear /facepalm for you good sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldun
    Its the Fresh Cum from the argent tournament daily. It spawns a shark in any swimmable water.