Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The REAL reason behind the LoH nerf.

I can't believe no one's figured it out yet. It's so simple

Paladins are holy knights correct? Lay on Hands is laying your hands on someone right?

By using LoH on ourselves we've been sinning. God is angry that we've been touching ourselves all these years.
    In the beginning using we didn't use LoH much because it was bad for us. After a few years and some things changed we began touching ourselves more frequently. and now god is punishing us.

This explains the Sacred Shield nerf too. God will be shielding us less frequently now. If we keep it up eventually we'll lose Divine shield, divine protection, and even the use of the Holy Light. We'll have to make our living by selling crack on the street.

To fix this we must perform ancient catholic rituals. We have to go to the cathedral of light in stormwind, target the altar boy, and.... ok i'll stop now.

Re: The REAL reason behind the LoH nerf.

[Blizzquote author=Ghostcrawler]As you can see, we are trying some different things with some paladin mechanics.

The Aura Mastery change (to 6 sec duration) is one we think is appropriate. If I had to guess, this one will stick.

We are trying some things with Sacred Shield to make it more of a Holy tool and less useful for Ret and Prot (without being totally irrelevant). I don't have a lot of faith that the implementation on the PTR is the one we'll go with for a couple of reasons, but our overall goal is to make Ret less tanky and the Holy tree feel like it's the right one to focus on for healing. I would expect a Sacred Shield change of some kind though.

I wouldn't worry too much on the Lay on Hands change at this point. I don't want to promise we won't change the spell for 3.3, but our intent was to revert the others only change before it went out to the PTR, which is why we didn't patch note it. We have already changed it back on our local builds.

The paladin class isn't just supposed to be for support anymore, but at the same time, the original intent for many paladin abilities was to help the group. Over time however they have contributed into making the paladin into a "one-man army," able to play offensively, defensively and heal without say the stance changing or shapeshifting or sometimes event talent specialization required of other classes. Many of the LK balance problems we've had with the class are because of that core issue.

With that said, we're just not sure a Lay on Hands change really accomplishes much from a balance perspective, while it feels bad to lose such an iconic ability. We just don't think the bang for the buck is there on this change, which is why we reverted it. But I'm not going to promise we won't touch it.

In fact, I'm not going to promise anything with this post. Please don't dredge it up later to try and argue against any upcoming changes. I'm just trying to clear up some confusion. [/blizzquote]

In other words...the change to LoH isn't going through, and it was never meant to even hit the PTR.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile
    [Blizzquote author=Ghostcrawler]As you can see, we are trying some different things with some paladin mechanics.

The Aura Mastery change (to 6 sec duration) is one we think is appropriate. If I had to guess, this one will stick.

We are trying some things with Sacred Shield to make it more of a Holy tool and less useful for Ret and Prot (without being totally irrelevant). I don't have a lot of faith that the implementation on the PTR is the one we'll go with for a couple of reasons, but our overall goal is to make Ret less tanky and the Holy tree feel like it's the right one to focus on for healing. I would expect a Sacred Shield change of some kind though.

I wouldn't worry too much on the Lay on Hands change at this point. I don't want to promise we won't change the spell for 3.3, but our intent was to revert the others only change before it went out to the PTR, which is why we didn't patch note it. We have already changed it back on our local builds.

The paladin class isn't just supposed to be for support anymore, but at the same time, the original intent for many paladin abilities was to help the group. Over time however they have contributed into making the paladin into a "one-man army," able to play offensively, defensively and heal without say the stance changing or shapeshifting or sometimes event talent specialization required of other classes. Many of the LK balance problems we've had with the class are because of that core issue.

With that said, we're just not sure a Lay on Hands change really accomplishes much from a balance perspective, while it feels bad to lose such an iconic ability. We just don't think the bang for the buck is there on this change, which is why we reverted it. But I'm not going to promise we won't touch it.

In fact, I'm not going to promise anything with this post. Please don't dredge it up later to try and argue against any upcoming changes. I'm just trying to clear up some confusion. [/blizzquote]
    friend, I was just joking around. You needn't post that here.

Quote Originally Posted by holyme
    I wanted to post it somewhere a lot of people were bound to look. This looked like a good thread.

Wasn't actually aiming it at you, but the other people who were bound to cry themselves to death.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile
    I wanted to post it somewhere a lot of people were bound to look. This looked like a good thread.

Wasn't actually aiming it at you, but the other people who were bound to cry themselves to death.
    de nada. I just wanted to make a humorous post for people to laugh at. I'm sure everyone will appreciate your effort to clear up this confusion. I know I do.

rofl, it's beyond me how some people simply cannot understand plain, good, old-fashioned sarcasm.

and to what OP said: rofl, best explanation ever
    Signature too large

Quote Originally Posted by laur0511
    rofl, it's beyond me how some people simply cannot understand plain, good, old-fashioned sarcasm.

and to what OP said: rofl, best explanation ever
    Why thank you I wrote that blaspheme myself

I can't enter Stormwind Holyme? I am horde they kill me =*(. Am i doomed?

paladins are getting new spell.

Call of the martyr
    100% base mana
    25 minute cool down

The paladin charges him/herself with holy energy and runs into a group of people before exploding killing all mobs in vicinity along with self. Paladin will rez instantly awaiting his/her 72 virgins only to realize that they're all orcs.
    Quote from: JonTargaryen on October 10, 2009, 09:16:46 pm
    Jaina isn't thinking with her head, she's thinking with her jaina.

Deleted

You must talk to the Altar Boy in Stormwind to reset the cooldown on LoH. This can only be done once every 20 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Recompence

Call of the martyr
    100% base mana
    25 minute cool down

The paladin charges him/herself with holy energy and runs into a group of people before exploding killing all mobs in vicinity along with self. Paladin will rez instantly awaiting his/her 72 virgins only to realize that they're all orcs.
    lol.... i can see this thread getting deleted or locked at some point... in before lock.

"Stop," said a loud booming voice. And Rhonin turned around to see it was Bolvar Fordragon, but he was all burned up and shit. He took the helm from Tirion. "I can take no comfort anymore, in the world of the living, for Arthas has burned my genitals off. I shall bear the burden. I shall be the jailer of the damned." - Legendary Knaak Thread

Call of the martyr
    100% base mana
    25 minute cool down

Would be totally balanced. In blizzards eyes.

Call of the martyr
    100% base mana
    25 minute cool down

made me chuckle :P
    Vote Pengu for president!
    "For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons."

God is angry that we've been touching ourselves all these years.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade
    You must talk to the Altar Boy in Stormwind to reset the cooldown on LoH. This can only be done once every 20 minutes.
    Only if you use the spell on him first and which might get you in trouble irl, depending the country you live in.. Hello, UK's ^^

Call of the martyr
    100% base mana
    25 minute cool down

OMFG I almost died laughing. That's even better than my original post lol

Call of the martyr
    100% base mana
    25 minute cool down

Male orc virgins.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

The only thing that matters now is that will be changed so .. im so happy ( for pvp stuff, not pve ) .. cheers paladins, luv ya
    Wow is not a game.. is a world !

Quote Originally Posted by No_Saints
    Only if you use the spell on him first and which might get you in trouble irl, depending the country you live in.. Hello, UK's ^^
    Nah. you can get around the law by getting the achievement "Become a musician" and gain the title "King of Pop"
    You still have to pay millions of gold to get out of it. But you can cast LoH on all the children you want.

I can't believe no one's figured it out yet. It's so simple...
    HA HA HA, YOU SO FUNNY !!! /sarcasm