Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Sacred Shield nerf... (just read its not bitchin about it too much)

Quote Originally Posted by Jathro
    lol

And yes - passive talent. So Holys won't notice a difference. Including Cyros, who's obviously gemming for spell power and is an idiot.
    Sorry to say but is he then I am also. I gem for intellect except two gems, one for a nice intellect socketbonus and one for the metagem. Also I must say I have spellpower and not intellect on my weapon and bracers and I can say that normal raidbuffed I am without proc on trinket around 3150 spellpower and with proc almost at 4000.

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    Just laying out the facts without being a douche here.

First: This change is unlikely to go live.

Second: Correcting your math.
    The [Sacred Shield] tooltip doesn't show it but this ability uses a spell coefficient equal to 75% of the paladin's spell power. Meaning your Sacred Shield will absorb 500 damage plus 75% of your spell power.

Assume you are an average holy pally with 2200 SP. Your Sacred Shield will absorb 500 + [2200 x .75]= 2150 damage every 30 seconds without any talent buffs. Using 12% of your base mana to mitigate 2150 damage/30 seconds is not really worth it. However, Sacred Shield also grants a Heal over Time affect from your FoL for 50% of its heal. IMO, that is worth it.

It appears that you are a prot pally. In decent gear you should have around 1000 spell power when buffed. Without the talent, 500 + [1000 x.75]= 1250 damage absorbed. Apply the talent for 3000 damage absorbed over 60 seconds.

Finally, I am not trying to justify taking this talent or prove Sacred Shield's worth, but rather I am correcting your math and assumptions of how it works.

Just to clarify (Flash of Light heals for 100% of the amount healed over 12) http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=48785

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac
    Someone at AJ suggesting that the absorb bubble from SS to proc from Crusader Strike for Rets, possibly either with SS itself or a deep Ret talent. However, the 4 second CD on CS and the SS bubble proccing every 4 seconds maybe a problem with that, so perhaps it could proc off Judgements to prevent an OP 4 sec ICD in SS. I would assume Rets would take even an 8 sec ICD on SS more than the 30 sec one in the recent PTR build.

As for Prot, how about making the SS bubble proc off of either HotR or ShoR? This would make SS mechanically work the same way for Prot, as well as discouraging Prot healers from using it since they would have to be in melee range to get the bubble.
    That solve the problem for Ret with SS, but i would also protect my teammates!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac
    As for Prot, how about making the SS bubble proc off of either HotR or ShoR?
    Sounds decent:
    Maybe it should be something like:
    "Your Divine Guardian talent now also grants your ShoR a 50/100% chance to activate a Sacred Shield on you. (cannot occur if Sacred Shield was already activated within the last 5 seconds)"

Quote Originally Posted by Zenaur
    "Ret less tanky"
    Ret is tanky?

Paladins have the lowest base lifepoints of all plate-dps.
    Ret paladins dont have any +%stamina.

Once every 30 seconds is stupid.
    If they want to nerf it, make it 15 seconds and increase the duration.
    30 secs? lol 1min talented. Oh noes. 2min is okey.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Quick question, do Sacred Shields stack? So Pally Tank could have 1 on him from Holy healer, 1 from himself, 1 from a Retri? Would the absorb effects all work accordingly?
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arganaut
    Quick question, do Sacred Shields stack? So Pally Tank could have 1 on him from Holy healer, 1 from himself, 1 from a Retri? Would the absorb effects all work accordingly?
    I'm pretty sure it does no longer stack since 3.2., so it should be Paly Tank -> himself , Holy Paladin -> Another tank, Ret -> only toss it on someone if it is needed (like faction champ on a caster).

Quote Originally Posted by Accuser.
    hehe... he's also about 10% over the haste cap.
    Haste cap is 20% from gear or 1 sec FoL and 1 sec GCD, so no im not capped... whats up with u guys... what did i do to deserve all this flaming? ffs, read up on things and do some research before accusing ppl..

And obviously SC does not stack, so let the holy/prot pally keep it up on the tanks^^

Quote Originally Posted by Bob002
    I see what you're saying. The way I originally read the tool tip was it takes it down to 24 and then 12 seconds.
    If I didn't have a headache, I'd facepalm my forehead off.

Deleted

Why the hell they have to mess up with sacred shield if they want to completely remove prothealers from arena? Its much easier to remove the +30% amount healed by crit heals on touched by the light talent. I belive that part of the talent should be moved deep into the holy tree. I play both holy and prothealer and it sucks every time i compare my crit heals.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by darkanger4
    Why the hell they have to mess up with sacred shield if they want to completely remove prothealers from arena? Its much easier to remove the +30% amount healed by crit heals on touched by the light talent. I belive that part of the talent should be moved deep into the holy tree. I play both holy and prothealer and it sucks every time i compare my crit heals.
    blizz + logic = cannot compute

Ok so blizz now wants to mess with SS because of ret and prot holy but they'll mess up prot along just to make sure, imo this would be a much better fix.

Holy -
    Infusion of Light: Reduces the cooldown on the effect of Sacred Shield by 12/24 sec, aditionally, your Holy Shock critical hits reduce the cast time of your next Flash of Light by .75/1.5 sec or increase the critical chance of you next Holy Light by 10%.

Breakdown, SS will be the same for holy.

Prot -
    Touched by the Light: Increases your spell power by an ammount equal to 20/40/60% of your Strength and increases the ammount healed by your critical heals by 10/20/30%, aditionally, your Sacred Shield beneficts from 15/30/45% of your Strenght instead of spell power.

Guarded by the Light: Reduces the cooldown on the effect of Sacred Shield by 12/24 sec, spell damage taken by 3/6% and gives a 50/100% chance to refresh Divine Plea when you hit an enemy. In adition, your Divine Plea spell is 50/100% less likely to be dispelled.

Lets say you have a Tank with 1450 Strength with Sanctuary.
    Current Protection Sacred Shield:
    1450 * 60 / 100 = 870 SP

870 * .75 (SS spell power coef) = 652.5 SP + 600 SS Absorb (spec'd) = 1252.5 every 6 seconds during 60 seconds= 12525 Absorbed

New:
    1450 * 45 / 100 = 652.5 <--- No spell power penalty
    652.5 + 600 SS absorb, spec'd, during a minute = 12525 absorbed.

Breakdown, SS would be the same for Prot but nerfed significantly for Prot Holy.

Retribution -
    Sheate of Light: Increases your spell power by an ammount equal to 10/20/30% of your attack power, reduces the cooldown on the effect of Sacred Shield by 4/8/12 sec and your critical healing spells heal the target for 20/40/60% of the healed ammount over 12 seconds. In adition, your Exorcism has a 33/66/100% chance to refresh the duration of your Sacred Shield spell.

Current Retribution Sacred Shield:
    Given 5000 AP self buffed.

5000 * 30 / 100 = 1500 your current SP --- 1500 * .75 = 1125 (Sacred Shield's SP)

1125 + 500 or 600 (not all Ret paladins spec for the improved version)

Normal.
    8125 over 30 seconds Absorbed.

Improved.
    17250 over 60 seconds Absorbed.

3.3 Sacred Shield on Ret

1125 + 500 or 600 (not all Ret paladins spec for the improved version)

Normal.
    1625 over 30 seconds Absorbed

Improved.
    3450 over 60 seconds Absorbed.

Awful, awful, awful.

New:

1125 + 500 or 600 ---> 1625 or 1725

Normal: (given you use Exorcism before the effect expires)
    1625 every 12 seconds (up from 6) seconds until cancelled.

Improved: (given you use Exorcism before the effect expires)
    1725 every 12 seconds until cancelled.

Breakdown, compared to the Live version of SS for Ret it'd remain the same but it's effectiveness would be cut down in half, with the adition of not having to re-apply it every other time as long as it doesn't get dispelled to make up for it and keep it more in line with the idea of Retribution's frail mana pool in PvP.

My 2 cents.

They only did it to nerf they shit out of Prot/holy paladins, who was having fun in arena.

And yes ret got nerfed wel wel .. u have to sacrifice somethign for being totaly facerooling and can dump everyone to 30% in 4 cds u can almost spam..

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by canobil
    And yes ret got nerfed wel wel .. u have to sacrifice somethign for being totaly facerooling and can dump everyone to 30% in 4 cds u can almost spam..
    Thats a L2Play issue right there.

They only did it to nerf they shit out of Prot/holy paladins, who was having fun in arena.

Hey there Troll.
    I haven't done that on competent players with wings up even since last season unless it's some holy pally with more pve gear being greedy on IoL procs and I have 5400 AP self buffed with a Death DMC.

Mmm, facerooling. Your post makes my eyes bleed. Please go away.

15+ Year Old Account

l2resilience and get some stam..

Quote Originally Posted by Cyros
    As holy i got about 3-4.2k SP in a raid. i guess its abit more powerfull then...
    -But thats not the point!!!!
    You're getting attacked because you whipped your epeen out on the table, making you look like you're an "I need attention" kid.

Secondly, you confused 4.2SP as some of the time, not most of the time.

I'm just answering your question about why you're getting attacked. Regarding SS and all that goes with it, GC has already stated that this most likely won't happen in its current form. So why don't we just wait until they start stating what might really happen instead of arguing over something that most likely won't.