Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Leveling before 50, what is better?

After getting Arcane Blast (64), is Arcane faster than frost?

Thanks.

hai thar, just noticed most people is saying that frost is the best leveling spec before 50.

It is, and also beyond level 50, no doubt there.

Anyway, the lame tapping with frostbolt is really really boring. Fire, is imo the funniest, because of the higher crits, faster kills etc, and you can have a little fun with scorch.

However, if any other class picks you as target in a contested place, you're dead meat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elovan
    I would punch you in the face if my fist could traverse the Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by dambros
    After getting Arcane Blast (64), is Arcane faster than frost?

Thanks.
    Maybe it's faster, but less mana efficient, you will have more downtime than uptime.

I'd just head for frost in all higher levels. Will also make you have a chance vs gankers, in case you're on a pvp server.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elovan
    I would punch you in the face if my fist could traverse the Internet.

Go with what you are more comfortable with. I was fire for the longest time as well. Pyroblast was boring to sit through but the damage it did was sick, also when I was in groups I put out really good damage as fire so I loved it. However, I also went to quest in Searing Gorge and that's when I made the switch to frost. I missed the raw damage of fire, but when you have enough talents in frost, damage doesn't become an issue and you gain lots of control over your enemies with all the slowing and freezing options you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Flush
    Maybe it's faster, but less mana efficient, you will have more downtime than uptime.

I'd just head for frost in all higher levels. Will also make you have a chance vs gankers, in case you're on a pvp server.
    2 minute Evocate that heals you if glyphed, you don't have any downtime.

Deleted

I love arcane for levelling. 2 min evocation that heals(glyph) and instant invisibility for the last 10 levels just kicks ass(best panic button ever)

At the lower levels fire is king.

The problem with frost is low damage combined with receiving your spells later. You can compensate with high spellpower, but your fire spells will still end up scaling better so that's a lost cause.

I've always found frost a very overrated leveling spec.
    With half decent gear, you can fireballfuck any normal HP mob before they reach you, and even then you'll still have frost nova.

At level 70'ish, arcane becomes really, really good too, so that's what I did when I leveled from there on out.(You can get away with level 64, but at 70 you'll be decked in northrend gear, which really allows arcane to shine.)

Frostfirebolt or arcane if you're 75.

Go frost if you want to aoe huge packs, i liked fire more tho

Frost has better survivability and less down time
    Also with imp.blizzard aoe grinding is easy as hell

Deleted

frost is awesome ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Priear
    Frost... Dont feel explaining it... Just belive me, its frost...

When you hit outland you can think about arcane.

Edit: fire is fun.. It just uses too mutch mana imo.
    ye, i got a 64 mage and i lvld it to 64 with frost, its really nice before you hit 60 since you wont go oom at all specced arcane when i hit 64 for arcane blast and its pretty nice! doing 3~4k crits with arcane blast if i got some lucky crits with arcane power

Fire!Fire!Fire!Fire!Fire!Fire!

Quote Originally Posted by irongar
    ye, i got a 64 mage and i lvld it to 64 with frost, its really nice before you hit 60 since you wont go oom at all specced arcane when i hit 64 for arcane blast and its pretty nice! doing 3~4k crits with arcane blast if i got some lucky crits with arcane power
    i still go oom as frost.. what am i doing wrong?
    It's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    i still go oom as frost.. what am i doing wrong?
    Not using mana gems/evocation/speccing properly.

Personally i believe Fire is the best spec to go lvls 10-60. Then 60-80 Arcane, but thats just my opinion.
    I tried frost once and just found it inbelievably boring to play
    For me fire is the best up until 60 then hit arcane But really u should go with whatever u enjoy playing the most.
    The only downside to fire tends to be the huge picnics u have to hurl out ur backpack after every few mobs because it burns mana so quick...
    To conclude....... FIRE!!! (with a sprinkling of arcane )

frost farming is extremely rewarding for 3 reasons (btw, you need a mount, ice barrier, and blizzard for this to be relevant):
    1. looting the millunz of sparkleez. at low levels the quest rewards and one round of aoe killing is roughly the same, and if not, the farming wins out easily.

2. XP...nuff said.

3. feeling like a badass when a priest or warrior walk up and just stare in awe at your leveling proficiency which they largely lack at lower levels (BOOOM; alliteration...DO YOU SPEAK IT?!). of course, if you are undead (didnt take the time to look, sorry) you can flip them off and be a douche bag. if you are anything else, be nice (being mean is merely a setback, but still).

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    Not using mana gems/evocation/speccing properly.
    just turned 20 (just got evocation) i have no gems yet

i specced fine i think... is it just too early?

also i find that the mana returned by my conjured water is less than adequate
    It's just a game.