Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: 2200 Gear Score doing 3300 Raid DPS - Good, Bad, or Average?

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    No offense, but you sound like an elitist d-bag. We are assuming, by the OP's gear, that he is not doing regular raiding. I think this is a fairly reasonable assumption. Therefor, telling the OP to 'stop sucking hardcore and failing like the noob scrub he is and go and get the 4-piece T9' is not really going to help anything.

Back on topic. I would encourage you to try and aim for the T9-2piece, it is EXTREMELY BENEFICIAL. It is also pretty easy to obtain without touching raids, seeing as I think it's safe to assume you are not going for ZOMG BiS ANUB-HARDMODE HERE I COME like Mr. Look-at-my-giant-wang-Starcaller back there.
    Giving him bad/wrong advice doesn't help anyone. Grats on making the world a dumber place though. You must be proud.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Oh! I just got the 25 Man Onyxia Helm!

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Dude... wtf?
    Seriously, you're the one with issues here.
    Although I won't go into who has issues or not, to an extent he is correct.

All of the hunter spec's play similarly enough that really the only thing that should matter is which does the most damage. In term's of PVE anyways, the other reason could be though he is in a 10 man raid that needs replenishment.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed
    Giving him bad/wrong advice doesn't help anyone. Grats on making the world a dumber place though. You must be proud.
    You're right. I should totally go enhancement, right? And go for the four piece for my death knight, and take him unholy, right? Perhaps even dual-wield.

Oh wait. Those are different playstyles and I enjoy my current ones more.

He's allowed to enjoy Survival more than Marksman.

I'm sure you're very, very proud of your massive wang, what with the need for your huge codpiece in order to cover it. Is that a Lambo I see in your driveway? Wow, I'm envious man. God your wife is hot.

I have no problem going MM or doing SV. Don't ask me to do BM for anything other than soloing stuff.

I am not a hardcore raider. I'm not in a hardcore raiding guild. I have odd working hours and I pug raids when I have time. I'm obviously not doing hard mode stuff. I just want to earn a good reputation to bring to pugs. My server pugs end game content. I eventually want to do some of this end game stuff on my days off.

Quote Originally Posted by nikat
    Although I won't go into who has issues or not, to an extent he is correct.

All of the hunter spec's play similarly enough that really the only thing that should matter is which does the most damage. In term's of PVE anyways, the other reason could be though he is in a 10 man raid that needs replenishment.
    Indeed, with enough gear, the only reason to be SV is replenishment.

Anyways, on to doing something productive.

@hugh

I loaded your gear into www.femaledwarf.com, turned on the best raid buffs/debuffs and gave you a wolf pet specced properly. With that gear/etc your results were the following:
    Total: 6547 dps
    Self: 5411 dps
    Pet: 1136 dps

By getting the T9 shoulders (lowest kind with triumph badges, plus 20 agi gem and hodir exalted enchant), you gain 158 dps.

By getting the BADGE SHOULDERS from the vendor (with 10 agi 10 crit gem and hodir exalted enchant) you gain 231 dps.

Edit:By getting the T9 25 shoulders (middle kind with triumph badges + token, plus 20 agi gem and hodir exalted enchant), you gain 198 dps.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirfkin
    You're right. I should totally go enhancement, right? And go for the four piece for my death knight, and take him unholy, right? Perhaps even dual-wield.

Oh wait. Those are different playstyles and I enjoy my current ones more.

With 4 piece t9, unholy doesn't outscale either blood or frost. The only reason to go unholy is having a DK heavy raid and no crypt fever. Playstyle difference between DK specs is nonexistent, the icons are the primary thing changing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirfkin
    And as has been already mentioned, should stop worrying about dps if that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Morris
    I have no problem going MM or doing SV. Don't ask me to do BM for anything other than soloing stuff.

I am not a hardcore raider. I'm not in a hardcore raiding guild. I have odd working hours and I pug raids when I have time. I'm obviously not doing hard mode stuff. I just want to earn a good reputation to bring to pugs. My server pugs end game content. I eventually want to do some of this end game stuff on my days off.
    I like this guy. Someone get him a beer.

You're a casual by circumstance and you're willing to learn. Good player.

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    With 4 piece t9, unholy doesn't outscale either blood or frost. The only reason to go unholy is having a DK heavy raid and no crypt fever. Playstyle difference between DK specs is nonexistent, the icons are the primary thing changing.

And as has been already mentioned, should stop worrying about dps if that's the case.
    Hey now. Unholy dks are ridiculous on multitarget fights.

I like how all the forum trolls were like OMG HE CAN PLAY THE SPEC HE WANTS and then the OP posts and says he has no problems between SV and MM and will play whichever is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand

WTF man where's Silent Bob?

Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrottas
    WTF man where's Silent Bob?

Silent Bob is eating with Big Black.

What GS should I be at to consider going to an MM build? Agility based or armor pen based?

What GS should I be at to consider going to an MM build? Agility based or armor pen based?
    Personally my "feeling" on ArP is that it is usually a dps increase to go to MM at about 30-35% ArP. We have a hunter in my guild who tried switching at the lower end of 25-30% and he felt like he wasn't keeping up close enough. He is trying to get one more piece of ArP gear before trying again.

I don't have a single armor pen. gem atm. They are all agility. If I regemmed, I'm sure I'd be in the area you are talking about....but right now, would that gimp my agility too much?

Hugh I'm on the same server as you. Name is Hyysteria. If you need any help in game whisper me and I'll see if I can give you some pointers.

I don't have a single armor pen. gem atm. They are all agility. If I regemmed, I'm sure I'd be in the area you are talking about....but right now, would that gimp my agility too much?
    Best thing I can tell you is to try out both specs and see (in game if you're rich enough to regem, in a spreadsheet if you're not). I gem all agility at the moment and have 621 ArP from gear (44%, 53% or so when Grim Toll's proc is averaged out). If in the spreadsheet I switch my gems around to all ArP gems, it is less than a 10 dps difference. So for me, it is a tossup really.

For you, you're at 20% ArP, 275 from gear. It might be worth it for you to get that number closer to 400-500. It kind of depends on how fast you expect to get better gear though. I would think right now it would be better for you to head into the ArP direction, but fully regemming might be too much hassle for the reward.

Screw it, I did the work for you on www.femaledwarf.com When I gemmed you all ArP, you lost 80 dps as SV. When I switched that to MM spec and glyphs, you lost another 297 dps. So it looks like your answer is "not yet, but soon".

Thanks for all the help everyone.

I'll put you on my friends list Hyysteria.

Your the one with the hilarious Mammoth Cutter ads right?

Signed,
    Starcaller Bullseyed
    Lol @ this guy.

L2playnice.

Fail hunter > hunter with your attitude.

You can be elitest, arrogant and tell everyone what to do withouy being this bad. Try harder at not being a jerk.