Horde PVE Mage,

Basically Im rerolling into mage for Icecrown

Which race would you say is best in terms of pve for a mage?

From what I've seen, Troll berserking seems to give the only real pve buff

Re: Horde PVE Mage,

Quote Originally Posted by Omgponies
    Basically Im rerolling into mage for Icecrown

Which race would you say is best in terms of pve for a mage?

From what I've seen, Troll berserking seems to give the only real pve buff
    Yes trolls are the way to go for pve, but the real question is do you want male or female.

My analysis of the two show that male trolls dont look as good as female but they have an awesome kamehameha casting animation, on the other hand female mages look better but have more of a pussy kamehameha casting animation.

BE's, gnomes, and draenei all have at least decent racials, trolls are the best though. Draenei is really just nice because you never have to worry about if you'll have a dranei in your group and within 30 yards, since you are it. Gnome and BE racials are fairly nice, BE one has a place in pvp too.

Trolls are ugly, though. I will wait for goblins.

The troll haste racial works very well with the class when stacking cooldowns, though it could be debated that orc mages will be superior come Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Baever
    The troll haste racial works very well with the class when stacking cooldowns, though it could be debated that orc mages will be superior come Cataclysm.
    I'm rolling Orc when it's time. I'd rather pop IV and AP with that, rather than 20 %, which is awsome but when popped with IV or bloodlust( any casting increases) doesnt actuall give it's 20%.