15+ Year Old Account

Lady Deathwhisper abilities, possible mechanics for DK's in Cataclysm?

Deathchill Bolt Deals 8788 to 10212 Shadowfrost damage to an enemy target. 45 yd range. 2 sec cast

Dark Martyrdom The caster surrenders to dark energies, exploding to deal 18000 Plague damage to all enemies within 15 yards, and leaving only skeletal remains behind. 200 yd range. 4 sec cast

Curse of Torpor Afflicts an enemy target with a curse that increases ability cooldowns by 15 sec. 100 yd range. 1 sec cast

Dark Empowerment Empowers the recipient's spells, causing them to deal area damage and making them uninterruptable. 200 yd range. 2 sec cast

Deathchill Blast Deals 9250 to 10750 Shadowfrost damage to all enemies within 10 yards of the target. 45 yd range. 2 sec cast

Vampiric Might Empowers the caster with dark might, increasing all damage dealt by 25% and heal the caster for 300% of his damage dealt. Instant

Shadow Cleave Inflicts 15913 to 17587 Shadow damage to enemies in front of the attacker. Melee range. Instant

Necrotic Strike Strikes an enemy with a cursed blade, dealing 70% of weapon damage to the target and inflicting a lasting malady that negates the next 15000 healing received. Melee range. Instant

Some of these sounds like very possible new abilities for DK's in Cata, especially Necrotic Strike. /discuss
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Re: Lady Deathwhisper abilities, possible mechanics for DK's in Cataclysm?

deathchill bolt: don't think so, we already have (too) many ranged abilities for a melee class
    dark martyrdom: very unlikely
    curse of torpor: more of a warlock ability
    dark empowerment: very unlikely
    deathchill blast: don't think so, we have plenty of aoe spells already
    vampiric might: pop hysteria+vampiric blood, voillá
    shadow cleave: we have a cleave ability, called heart strike

necrotic strike: i really like the idea of having a "ms-effect" (~7sec cd/~5k negation), if it gets implemented it'll be overpowered first two weeks, than nurfed to the ground, than buffed again

my vote goes for necrotic strike

nice MS-machanic without an actual MS unique
    Black is what darkness looks like.

I like the idea of the spell:

Dark Empowerment : Empowers the recipient's spells and making them uninterruptable.

This would be a cool helpfull spell but restrict it that it cant be casted on self. Interresting in some bossfights and helpfull in pvp.

For the rest of the spells: We have a healing when dealing damage, we dont need a mortal strike, we have a cleave, we dont need curses.

I like the magic based cleave to be honest. But ultimately OP.

I'd love Shadow cleave..

It would be pretty cool with a ~20 second cooldown.
    It would be great if it costs Runic Power, I believe we need an AoE spell that costs Runic Power without having to rely on mobs that are already dead..

I'm not a fan of the others, I think our Rune based rotation is fine, but we need more tools using Runic Power.
    Not out of necessity, but simply to make things a little more interesting, all we're doing now is dumping our RP on DC or FS depending on our spec, and that's kind of boring.. (Not assuming Gargoyle and DRW because those are "long" cooldowns)
    I would love to see us use for example, Shadow cleave instead of DC/FS every ~20 seconds to dump DP.

If it was added in the current situation it would be overpowered, yes. But if it's added in Cataclysm, everyone receives tools to deal more damage, so it's just fine.

Shadow Cleave would also be the snap aggro move we've been wanting for blood and unholy, since most of that damage comes pretty slowly from DnD and diseases, and waiting on Blood Boil wastes a lot of time..