Hunter MD (adds) for Anub 25 HM

We have 2 hunters assigned to MD one of the four adds to the off tanks. One of the hunters MD's to a Paladin offtank the other to a warrior. I'm the one on the warrior, and when I used to MD to the pally, everything went smoothly. Now that I am MDing to the warrior, sometimes the adds will come back for me. What I did is cast MD on the warrior, fire and Aimed shot and one auto shot at the add and then go back to anub. How is it that sometimes the add comes back to me?

Re: Hunter MD (adds) for Anub 25 HM

Had that problem as well last night, I'm not sure, but I think, that things like serpent sting dmg and/or wild quiver shots will consume 1 MD shot. So basically if you are unlucky your aimed shot on the target will not be misdirected to the warrior, so you keep the aggro..

This will change in 3.3, when we finally have a ranged tricks of the trade

Quote Originally Posted by Erbs
    This will change in 3.3, when we finally have a ranged tricks of the trade
    I WANT IT NAO! Q_Q
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

I know, Shots / stings like ES. only the first tick counts for md, rest is for the hunter. So es will pull agro to you if the tank did not hit the mob.

addtanks should be able to get adds by themselves at that fight. dps gain

Quote Originally Posted by Heltoray
    ^this
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Heltoray
    We have 1 tank for the adds, we usually have the rogues use tricks on the adds spawn. I guess it's quite difficult for one tank to pick up four adds.

well of course only when you got 2 addtanks

I've figured out the problem. I've always known that the first hit or two of Explosive Shot will eat all 3 ticks of MD and put you in danger of pulling off the tank with a crit from the last hit of ES. What I didn't know is that if you fire ES, click off the the target so that you are no longer on it, and then cast MD, Explosive Shot will still eat the your MD! I can't believe that, the tooltip for MD is wrong in this situation.

* I always MD with Aimed Shot

Misdirection has been pretty fundamentally redesigned for 3.3 so hopefully we won't have these problems so much, since we'll now have 4 seconds of damage as opposed to 3 ticks (which would normally be consumed or even exceeded in a 1.5s GCD).

But I still don't think you should be having this problem now, even on 25 man heroic mode. I think the warrior is probably partly at fault because even on a misdirect, they should still be taunting as fast as possible. There seem to be some warriors out there that are under the impression that misdirect generates a high amount of threat or that it's a form of taunt, neither of which are the case. Maybe have a chat with the warrior and make sure hes aware of the limitations of misdirect and see if he can pick up some of that slack?

Another option to look at is positioning, the warrior shouldn't be that far from the add anyway, so provided you can send it their way, they should be able to get their own aggro going almost immiediately, you're just there to make sure it goes smoothly.

If none of that solves it, you'll just have to sit on feign death each time, making sure you have the FD glyph.

We use 1 hunter myself to md 1 add to the tank. (we use 1 tank for adds a warrior). If you are looking at anub i md the front right one and the tank picks up the rest. I spec mm for this fight when the adds spawn i md the tank hit aimed silence then concusion this way even if the adds head for me he is slowed and i can fd it right to the tank. When they get close the rogues use tricks. Fun fight we finally got it down the other night glad im not a healer!!!
    But yes md is annoying as hell atm why they cant fix it now is just stupid.

MDing for this is a lot easier as marks than SV. I always MD the 2 adds to my left, and if a wild quiver proc or stray autoshot hasn't eaten the 3rd charge, I MD one of the adds on the right with an arcane shot too - making sure you've in motion while you have an add targetted helps a lot to prevent autoshots eating charges accidentally - I chimera one add, aimed the next, and arcane the 3rd if there is a third. If I've just used chimera on anub though, i'll do aimed and arcane on the first too, or if I'm feeling lazy (i.e a runestone proc is up and I don't want to waste time running) it'll be auto+steady first add and aimed 2nd add (this is the most risky in terms of pulling aggro).