Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Top 20 Bosses that stayed unkilled the longest UPDATED

After being opened or otherwise made available or worked on of course. I was curious about this since a lot of people bring it up and went about trying to find which bosses took the longest. Not going back to stuff like Ragnaros or Nefarian or anything since raiding only really started to become what it is today in Naxxramas, and C'thun went down in hours after being made possible. Not counting Algalon since you couldn't work on him endlessly.

This is Naxxramas through modern day. I don't attempt to explain why it happened as it happened.

#1 Alone in the Darkness - 70 days from One Light in the Darkness. 7th July 2009
    #2 High Astromancer Solarian - 59 days from Magtheridon's death. 24th April 2007
    #3 The Four Horsemen - 56 days from Gothik's death to D&T's kill. August 25th 2006
    #4 Al'ar <Phoenix God> - 48 days from Magtheridon's death. 13th April 2007
    #5 The Lich King (Heroic) - 42 Days from Heroic Putricide's death (first pull). March 26th 2010
    #6 Kael'thas Sunstrider <Lord of the Blood Elves> - 31 days from Solarian's death. 25th May 2007
    #7 Magtheridon - 29 days from the first 70 raid kills. 24th February 2007
    #8 Lady Vashj <Coilfang Matron> - 17 days from being unlocked. 29th March 2007
    #9 Leotheras the Blind - 16 days from Hydross' death. 4th March 2007
    #10 Loatheb - 14 days from Heigan's death. 17th July 2006
    #11 tied Heigan the Unclean - 13 days from Noth the Plaguebringer's death. 3rd July 2006
    #11 tied Hydross the Unstable <Duke of Currents> - 13 days from Gruul's death. 16th February 2007
    #13 tied Archimonde <The Defiler> - 10 days from Azgalor's death. 9th June 2007
    #13 tied Gothik the Harvester - 10 days from Instrucotr Razuvious' death. 30th June 2006
    #15 tied Mimiron Firefighter 25 - 8 days from Ensidia's KnockKnockKnock kill to Firefighter kill. May 1st 2009
    #15 tied Sapphiron - 8 days from Four Horsemen dying. 2nd September 2006
    #15 tied Gruul the Dragonkiller - 8 days from Maulgar's death. 3rd February 2007
    #18 Reliquary of Lost Souls - 6 days from Gurtogg's death. 2nd June 2007
    #19 tied Kel'Thuzad - 5 days from Sapphiron's death. 7th September 2006
    #19 tied Kil'jaeden <The Deceiver> - 5 days from the opening of the third Sunwell gate. 25th May 2008

Runner up - M'uru. 4 days from the opening of the second Sunwell gate. 4th May 2008

Thanks to SK-Gaming's handy list of all time world firsts and wowprogress.com.

http://www.sk-gaming.com/content/163...rld_first_list

Now my question to people reading this is do you remember anything I might have missed? Or are there particularly interesting reasons why some bosses on there didn't die even though they should've?

It's also kind of interesting that the early Burning Crusade period seemed to be when bosses stayed alive the longest in general.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Top 15 Bosses that stayed unkilled the longest

Interesting to know.

And wierd...when my guild attack solarion we one shot her o.O

Though it was in 2.2, so she may had been nerfed.

in reference to solarian and al'ar being killed X days after magtheridon
    were they even released at that time? I know they are seperate teirs and all, but I can't remember back to the launch of BC
    Quote Originally Posted by IceyDevil
    Dear Blizzard,
    Can our guild have a free pass on Northrend Beasts? We don't believe in harming animals, and would really prefer to not have to fight this boss. ToC looks like a really fun instance, and we would love to experience all your hard work, but we just cannot kill animals.

Thanks!
    <VegansLOL>
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Sure, Why Not!
    We already hand everything out for free anyway. Want a free legendary while we're at it?
    (Avatar too big.)

Thanks for the informative post. Nice to see how long BC bosses lasted, but nice credit to WotLK that Yogg+0 is on top of the list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    When reading the title I assumed it was a disgruntled warlock... man was I wrong.

Tk, SSC, mag, gruul. was all there in the start: P but you gotta take intro acount that you needed to do the long pre q to get into TK :P

And that was before they nerfed the Pre q :P

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezyweezy
    were they even released at that time? I know they are seperate teirs and all, but I can't remember back to the launch of BC
    when tbc was finished everything but BT was released even tho the content was not fine tuned
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

So only thing Blizzard needs to do to get Arthas #1 is give him a raidwide AoE that does 100k dmg and occurs every 30 seconds and don't remove that until the 11th boss has been downed at least 71 days ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotena
    this isn't a troll. the OP is maybe 9. If we're lucky.
    The following applies to AV!
    Quote Originally Posted by gehennaspawn
    Acid Bath > Win > Loss > 40 minute turtle > Jonas brothers

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezyweezy

The whole of TK was "opened" once a guild killed Magtheridon and completed the Trials of the Naaru (Shattered Halls, Arcatraz, Steamvault, Shadow Labyrinth, Magtheridon).

Most guilds that killed Magtheridom stepped straight into TK and one shot Lootreaver. The other bosses turned out to be a bit more challenging with Solarian being the hardest before KT.

That was untill she was nerfed...

That's really interesting, I don't remember Solarian being that difficult even before the nerfs.

I think it took Death And Taxes 4 weeks to down 4horsemen, as well ;o
    &nbsp;

Not counting C'thun in this list sounds, really, really stupid to my opinion
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

Quote Originally Posted by Darrkh

dunno, as far as i heard he was the only unkillable boss as stated by blizz (prenerf)
    Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma
    I found myself in a magical setup the other week and my damage dropped through the floor like a 90 year olds tits

Quote Originally Posted by Marithas

dunno, as far as i heard he was the only unkillable boss as stated by blizz (prenerf)
    and as stated it was bugged so technically not a nerf

Thanks to Stanton Biston for the amazing sig!

Quote Originally Posted by swiftfeet
    Hogger - Still Alive. No raid can kill him! Way to overtuned, needs a nerf tbh. Even Elitist Jerks calculated he's impossible.
    That was old 2 years ago.

And on-topic: Your list is somewhat flawed since TK bosses look as if it took a long time to kill them but in reality the main reason was because everyone was working on SSC.
    Not saying that TK wasn't hard pre-nerf, but guilds didn't actually take 60days to kill Astomancer since they did maybe 1 TK raid each week and spend the rest on SSC.
    Not that you cant do anything about this fact tho, but i still thought it would be worth to mention.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Darrkh
    Because before the "nerf" or "fix" or whatever you want to call it he was bugged, and blizzard admitted that he was impossible to kill in his, and the games, state back then. And as the OP said he went down in a day after BLizz fixed him.

Well, what you guys are compeltely forgetting about (very conveniently) Is that, he wouldnt have been downed so fast if guilds had already had Months wiping on the bugged version. It took several weeks for people to get even phase 1 down, let alone, almost (which they did) kill him in phase 2.

That is why he was downed the day after he was nerfed/fixed. People had already been wiping on him for months

Anyway, its not of huge importance, but for the reasons i have stated above, C'thun not being there is retarded .

Personally, i wiped far longer on C'thun than i did on Alone in the dark xD
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte
    That was old 2 years ago.

And on-topic: Your list is somewhat flawed since TK bosses look as if it took a long time to kill them but in reality the main reason was because everyone was working on SSC.
    Not saying that TK wasn't hard pre-nerf, but guilds didn't actually take 60days to kill Astomancer since they did maybe 1 TK raid each week and spend the rest on SSC.
    Not that you cant do anything about this fact tho, but i still thought it would be worth to mention.
    Well many guilds started working on SSC before they killed Magtheridon aswell..

I guess the other hard modes of Ulduar are not included due to them having been based on times between easy mode -> hard mode while Yogg0 is hard mode -> hard mode?

Interesting list, whatsoever.

This doesn't really elaborate on the status of several BC bosses being nearly impossible to kill in their original states. ( ie Blizz didn't bother testing them at all, left the top end guilds to be their beta testers )

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14
    #1 Alone in the Darkness - 70 days from One Light in the Darkness. 7th July 2009
    #2 High Astromancer Solarian - 59 days from Magtheridon's death. 24th April 2007
    #3 The Four Horsemen - 56 days from Gothik's death to D&T's kill. August 25th 2006
    #4 Al'ar <Phoenix God> - 48 days from Magtheridon's death. 13th April 2007
    #5 Kael'thas Sunstrider <Lord of the Blood Elves> - 31 days from Solarian's death. 25th May 2007
    #6 Magtheridon - 29 days from the first 70 raid kills. 24th February 2007
    #7 Lady Vashj <Coilfang Matron> - 17 days from being unlocked. 29th March 2007
    #8 Leotheras the Blind - 16 days from Hydross' death. 4th March 2007
    #9 Loatheb - 14 days from Heigan's death. 17th July 2006
    #10 Hydross the Unstable <Duke of Currents> - 13 days from Gruul's death. 16th February 2007
    #11 Archimonde the Defiler - 10 days from Azgalor's death. 9th June 2007
    #12 tied Sapphiron - 8 days from Four Horsemen dying. 2nd September 2006
    #12 tied Gruul the Dragonkiller - 8 days from Maulgar's death. 3rd February 2007
    #14 Reliquary of Lost Souls - 6 days from Gurtogg's death. 2nd June 2007
    #15 tied Kel'Thuzad - 5 days from Sapphiron's death. 7th September 2006
    #15 tied Kil'jaeden - 5 days from the opening of the third Sunwell gate. 25th May 2008
    Shocked to see Solarian so high on the list. Also pretty good to see the one wotlk fight on the list is numero uno.