Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: How do i beat prot warrior with retadin?

Quote Originally Posted by Anuberak
    I started to run around, across, around again the crypt thingy in Lordaeron ruins.
    That warrior is an idiot if he didn't just hop over and hit you from there.

Quote Originally Posted by arcon
    That warrior is an idiot if he didn't just hop over and hit you from there.
    He tried, but i wasnt just running around in circle, I adapted to his movements so that always one of the pillars on the 4 corners of the tomb would be between me and him.

[Block value-near cap] geared prot warriors own PvP, but require skill, stance-dancing, timing. There was this 1 youtube video
    with a Prot Warrior, reaching huge crits with his shield slams (1 highlight, was when a rogue stunlocked him, while loosing 1/2 its
    own health, while beatin on the warrior). I can't seem to remember the video, but i'm sure sumone here mite have a clue about the vid
    and the viability of such geared prot warriors!

Put your gear back on.

lolol

i dont understand how anyone can have trouble beating a warrior if they are ret. SS+AoW+ just being out of range for melee/charges if your low health just to judge and kite and wait for CDs=win? yes
    Waiting on Cata
    SCII: Naret
    WoW: Naret, Destromath US

protwarrior is like a special dueling specc and useful in some 5on5 and 3on3's in general. Specc prot/ret if you really wanna beat him, like np then.
    arms vs retlol is however a onesided battle if the ret ain't total thrash.

Quote Originally Posted by tjcookier
    protwarrior is like a special dueling specc and useful in some 5on5 and 3on3's in general. Specc prot/ret if you really wanna beat him, like np then.
    arms vs retlol is however a onesided battle if the ret ain't total thrash.
    Correct. Warriors (arms or fury) are no problem for Ret if the ret has half a brain. Prot is a different story. It takes at least 95% of a brain to beat a prot warrior, and only then if the prot warrior is average or worse. As someone mentioned, rets have been spoiled lately with burst. But against prot warriors, it's not about burst at all.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcchop
    Put your gear back on.
    I think u hit the nail on the head :P

I don't play a palli, but any other skillfull palli is lookin at this and /facepalm, or r warriors tough counters for u pallis?

Quote Originally Posted by Toogood
    or r warriors tough counters for u pallis?
    PROT warriors. We mow down arms or fury warriors just fine.

It's the most difficult melee vs. melee fight for ret, imho. I'd rather go against a prot paladin or bear druid any day.

I honestly only came to this post because i thought i was going to get rick rolled, never have i seen a warrior beat a paladin.
    I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raid's $359.76 says know your role.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traejun
    I've blown up punk ass dragons before...I'll do it again.

So much misinformation and butthurt in this thread.

To the amazing, unfriendly, neighborhood Hunter- Warriors have a counter against that otherwise near-infallible Bubble. They've had it for a few patches now. You need to brush up on your Paladin-ing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inciniratore
    well first off. use kings. make sure you have sacred shield. judge light. and use AoW for FoL ONLY. make sure when you stun he dosint have reflect up. and save repentance for heals.
    Any decent Warrior knows he can Berserker Rage out of Repentance. There's very little reason to use it otherwise, and it's on half the cooldown of Repentance. Otherwise, good advice.

To the OP: A few noteworthy things in this thread.

-Keep Sacred Shield up. Always. Use Art of War procs to heal yourself, bonus if you have the shield actually up, as it will increase your Flash of Light's critical strike chance by 50%, nearly guaranteeing you a Sheath of Light heal on top of your Sacred Shield heal over time.

-Watch the Warrior's buffs. If you see a big shiny shield over his head, that's Spell Reflect. It will reflect your Hammer of Justice, your Repentance, and your Exorcisms. Your Hammer of Wrath will pass through it. Watch the duration on his buff bar if you must, after that, know you are free to use any of the above listed abilities.

-You have two attacks you can still use while Silenced- Crusader Strike and Divine Storm. When you are not Silenced, Consecration is a very good, unmitigated damage spell that can easily add some damage. Do not chase him, make him stay on you. If he backs up to get out of it, start casting Flash of Light. Worst case scenario, he Charges you and you're stunned. Best case Scenario, you get one or two off before he re-enters the fray. If he tries to range you to drop combat, use Hand of Reckoning to keep him in combat. It won't do damage, but it will stop him from fleeing.

-Always Judge Light. Mana should not be an issue, and the point of this strategy is to keep your HP high, as he can easily do 10k+ damage during a Concussion Blow if it lasts full duration and he has the right gear.

-I personally use Seal of Righteousness, as most of your damage will be coming from Judgement, and my gear/glyph/talent setup causes it to greatly outperform Command.

-Use Hand of Freedom to get out of his longest-duration stuns (Concussive Blow and Shockwave, whichever he uses first).

-Try to stay behind him. It's hard if you are snared, and don't be tempted to use Hand of Freedom to remove his otherwise irremovable snares, as you'll need it to get out of stuns.

-Keep all buffs up. If you're still spec'd into Stoicism, it should reduce how much you have to recast them. The idea is to keep Sacred Shield up always, save your wings for when he is stunned and at medium health, and keep lots of buffs up to cover them. I usually do this on my second Hammer of Justice, as he'll trinket the first. Once his trinket is out of the way, get him into an ideal setup, IE: Consecration already down, his Disarm on cooldown, all of your buffs up.

Be careful. This isn't so much a race/burst-down as it is a more drawn out, outlast, outplay strategy.

Good luck.

[Block value-near cap] geared prot warriors own PvP, but require skill, stance-dancing, timing. There was this 1 youtube video
    with a Prot Warrior, reaching huge crits with his shield slams (1 highlight, was when a rogue stunlocked him, while loosing 1/2 its
    own health, while beatin on the warrior). I can't seem to remember the video, but i'm sure sumone here mite have a clue about the vid
    That's Swifty's Prot PvP video on YouTube. It's impressive, but overrated. Many of his opponents are undergeared, bad at dealing with Prot Warriors, and he only shows the clips where he wins. He PvPs a lot every week (his Honorable Kill daily tally shows this), and I'm guessing only 10% of his matches make it into his videos. There are a lot of people who can deal with Prot Warriors. That video shows none of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Abolishment

-You have two attacks you can still use while Silenced- Crusader Strike and Divine Storm.
    Great advice. Just adding...

1. You can bubble while silenced, but not while spell locked. Shield Bash is on a 6 second CD. Be careful.

2. Disarm. You can still judge, HoW, consecate, or exorcism. Or bubble to remove the effect (but you should save that for when you need to heal up, and/or get out of an extra stun when trinket/HoF(talented) are on CD).

3. Between Damage Shield and Revenge, you WILL beat yourself up. This is why attacking from behind is important. It's also why SoR is mandatory (SoComm and SoV can proc Revenge).

Deleted

Swiftys Prot PvP video.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Inciniratore
    well first off. use kings. make sure you have sacred shield. judge light. and use AoW for FoL ONLY. make sure when you stun he dosint have reflect up. and save repentance for heals.
    Use Might > Kings.

You'll have a slightly smaller HP pool, but you will heal for MUCH more with AoW procs and absorb more with SS procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Use Might > Kings.

You'll have a slightly smaller HP pool, but you will heal for MUCH more with AoW procs and absorb more with SS procs.
    Unless your rebuffing every few seconds might and kings really don't matter as they will be coming off pretty early on.

Was your hearthstone on cooldown?

/cast Bubble
    /cast Hearth

He might not be dead, but trust me. You beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    It used to be but no longer is- The application of the debuff and the 40% weapon damage when 5 stacked (a.k.a. the Seal Hit) can be dodge and parried.
    Why do you keep mentioning dodge? I'm talking about BLOCK

When the SEAL is PARRIED or BLOCKED.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by drukai
    Unless your rebuffing every few seconds might and kings really don't matter as they will be coming off pretty early on.
    With Stoicism it happens a lot less. That, and it is 1% base mana cheaper than BoK unless you are glyphed for it

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmus
    Was your hearthstone on cooldown?

/cast Bubble
    /cast Hearth

He might not be dead, but trust me. You beat him.
    /cast Shattering Blow

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    Why do you keep mentioning dodge? I'm talking about BLOCK

When the SEAL is PARRIED or BLOCKED.
    Because your posts were rather vague??

No, they weren't.
    You were seeing what you expected to see.