Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: How do i beat prot warrior with retadin?

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    No, they weren't.
    You were seeing what you expected to see.
    In any case, I'd assume that they can be blocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    They aren't hard to beat at all- Other melee, especially Warriors, are what Paladins are good against.
    Funny. I feel the same way about paladins on my warrior.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lorad

LOL WHAT? seriously? No ret paladin should ever have a problem killing any warrior, no matter what spec he is. Sacred shield plus instant cast FoL is all you need to keep yourself alive while swinging away. Keep dancing to get behind him cuz no such thing as mitigation from behind. Use SoR or SoCorruption...hell ill even stick with SoCommand cuz ITS A FUCKING WARRIOR for christ sake.
    I'd love to see you attempt to beat a well played Prot Warrior, You won't stand a chance. Sure you might be able to beat some retard with no clue as to what is going on. These prot Warriors that are pushing 2600 you won't beat I don't care how good you think you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

well if you bubble and use loh then prot warrior might die to boredom.

Quote Originally Posted by Aesis
    prot warrior charges me, i try to give no room for another charge, he shield slams me, removes the buff, silences me, stuns me, etc etc.
    i try to use bubble to buy time to heal, only to be stopped after 1 heal.

he was naxx farmed with a couple of uld gears, and i found it hard to do dmg on him. and in the end i kept on dying because of stun and etc. even if i resurrect and quickly manage to heal and drink before he charges me, repeats and i die again.

is there any way or should i give up?
    You cant win.

Give up.
    Still proudly wearing his 4xT8.1. Keep your faceroll gear. Bitches.

Warriors in general are no problem for rets, against prots (atleast if they're geared) i go one hand weapon and shield, reduces their damage and increases mine, go go shield of the righteous 6-7k crits (assuming pve gear) ignoring all their armour. Judgement and exorcism are your friends here, most of your other attacks will be parried/dodged if they have half decent gear. Just be careful and watch for the spell reflects, sacred shield and insta flash of lights will do the rest. In arena i play 2 DPS and often end up tanking warriors using my 1h and shield and seal of light, with the sacred shield and insta flash of lights they can barely touch me, but when the other option is being kited by my hunter partner they have very choice.
    Give a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Why are people failing against warriors. FFS bring on two warriors and you'll probably still faceroll all over them. Warriors are paladins that can't heal, you can output as much damage as them, just don't suck. I can't remember ever losing to a warrior 1v1 of any spec. yeah he has 40k health, but he cant heal and you should be putting out 40k health in under 2 bursts.

Its a warrior, not a frost mage. You should get some resillience and then enjoy the endless fields of warrior HKs!

They aren't hard to beat at all- Other melee, especially Warriors, are what Paladins are good against.
    The thing is, before a ret paladin gets "tanky" as gc states it, he needs quite good stuff. level 200 pve stuff doesn't get it. With some serious pvp equipment a prot warrior can't ripp a paladin into pieces that easily. And once the fight takes its time, healing gets the important factor.

Use SoV and let him die slow and painfully.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Just had to reply to this since ive played Arms for quite a while and now been playing prot instead. Paladins, geared or...well... just any Ret in general, take me down as Arms... in a heartbeat. Need to be skilled/lucky like Swifty to take em down.

Ive found though that as Prot... with Shield Bash, Heroic Throw, all the stuns... Rets are not that much of a problem. As Arms i never engaged a paladin one on one if I could help it. As Prot you just dont care what class it is. Mages toy with Arms Warriors. I feel like a friggin joke when im Arms against a mage. Being Prot, seeing a mage, thats my first target. Since they pwned me so many times as Arms, im sending them to nether every chance i get.

Utility as Arms is MS and Bladestorm, thats it. MS is ofc a very powerful utility... but even with MS u cant bring a mage down by ure own.

Utility as Prot... is endless. Getting those nasty Shield Slams combined with a Revenge that evens stuns ure target... Shockwave for locking down several targets. And on top of that Concussion blow, silenceing Shield Bash, charge when ure frost novaed etc etc. I have the same "Power" in Arms as Prot.

Although as someone said Prot is mainly for 3vs3 or 5vs5. In 2vs2 you won't bring enough damage or be able to spellreflect every chaosbolt the WL:s send at you.

Loving Prot Cheesespec, I know.. but im tired being eaten by Paladins and Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Requital
    I'd love to see you attempt to beat a well played Prot Warrior, You won't stand a chance. Sure you might be able to beat some retard with no clue as to what is going on. These prot Warriors that are pushing 2600 you won't beat I don't care how good you think you are.
    I dont doubt that the people who have that sort of rating would beat me, but i wouldnt be rolled over. However the point of this post doesnt seem to be asking how to deal with them in arena, just in general.

In any case, I'd assume that they can be blocked.

I give up.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg

I give up.
    The seal hit itself is a MELEE attack and not a SPELL attack- so application of the DoT (as well as the %age of weapon damage) is subject to the Physical table (miss, dodge, parry, block, hit, crit).

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

as a prot warrior i have a advantage VS retlols, so try to 1v1 other classes or outgear/outskill them.

I havent ever lost to a prot warr .. and ½ the time i equip my fishing pole in beggining just for giggles

-- True story :>

15+ Year Old Account

Use your Art of War proccs, dumbass.

You healed, you win.

Re: retadin pvp question

before asking another question, i changed the topic because it seemed to no longer apply to fighting against prot warr only. (there're lots of posts on retadin pvp in general in this topic too. thanks.)

anyways here's another question.

1. while spamming bg with my retadin, i came across quite a bit of tankers but they were not a big deal anymore. dk possessed some potential but was not that hard once i got the grasp of it. they'd pull and slow me down but hands of freedom did a nice job. but there was this one that bothered me... protribution (is it right?)

from what i gathered, it's a prot/ret hybrid. when i faced it, i couldn't think of any ways to beat him. i found out that dmg is useless, so i switched to long range tactics but of course it didn't work as it's a paladin too. with same tactics i'd always die in the end. closing in on range too.

so i searched the internet, and all i read was that 'protribution is the OP!' stuff like that. and since it's also a paladin but with good tank and nice damage, is there no way to beat it?

2. i tried to use different seals. sov (or soc?) on rogues to stop them from vanishing, SoR in general, and SoC for attacking multi groups.
    I was thinking... should I keep onto SoR or SoC in general? i don't know which one is used and when it's used. i figured out about sov and soc, but rest is still unknown for me.

3. since this is a raid talent and i am too lazy, i decided to use the 5/11/55 talent. anyways during Arathi bg, while capturing or defending the flags i found Divine Sacrifice to be useful in preserving health for other players. should i stick to it or try search for other pvp ret talents?

Against prot warriors its easy. Make sure you only use freedom on his ground stomping stun(I'm high so I forget) and treat him like a caster. Run in and out and around and you should be able to dodge that stun sometimes. However use righteousness to kite when that stun on cd. You can use vengeance/corruption but try to get behind him to hit with your normal so it can stack and I also use consencrate. Art of War procs will happen and with Ss u will get healed. Oh yea judge light and sometimes wisdom. DO NOT cast and use ret aura.

Quote Originally Posted by Aesis
    before asking another question, i changed the topic because it seemed to no longer apply to fighting against prot warr only. (there're lots of posts on retadin pvp in general in this topic too. thanks.)

anyways here's another question.

1. while spamming bg with my retadin, i came across quite a bit of tankers but they were not a big deal anymore. dk possessed some potential but was not that hard once i got the grasp of it. they'd pull and slow me down but hands of freedom did a nice job. but there was this one that bothered me... protribution (is it right?)

from what i gathered, it's a prot/ret hybrid. when i faced it, i couldn't think of any ways to beat him. i found out that dmg is useless, so i switched to long range tactics but of course it didn't work as it's a paladin too. with same tactics i'd always die in the end. closing in on range too.

so i searched the internet, and all i read was that 'protribution is the OP!' stuff like that. and since it's also a paladin but with good tank and nice damage, is there no way to beat it?

If you dont have divine plea up, Its beaten.

2. i tried to use different seals. sov (or soc?) on rogues to stop them from vanishing, SoR in general, and SoC for attacking multi groups.
    I was thinking... should I keep onto SoR or SoC in general? i don't know which one is used and when it's used. i figured out about sov and soc, but rest is still unknown for me.

If your going prot (Trust me, Ret is dead anyways) Use SoV with a shield and 1h

3. since this is a raid talent and i am too lazy, i decided to use the 5/11/55 talent. anyways during Arathi bg, while capturing or defending the flags i found Divine Sacrifice to be useful in preserving health for other players. should i stick to it or try search for other pvp ret talents?

Its good for preserving everyone elses health since you dont get attacked, In a large scale fight bubble + sac is pretty awesome and when combined with hero, picking a healer and helping (Not actually killing, Dont be ridiculous your a paladin) lock it down should help turn the fight.
    Because some players aren't looking for anything logical, like loot. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some players just want to watch the group fail.