Hunter x Warrior, which one is more "lag friendly"?

Hey there,

I'm willing to change a little bit. I'm former rogue, played shaman to around 1900 as resto and now that most of my guildies left I am starting over on a new server. I have some question to people experienced in doing pvp with some high latency.

I generally play with 200-250 ms so, I'm willing to know which of those 2 are more "lag friendly", hunter or warriors?

Always loved warrior conception but people say they are the most latency dependent in the game, and its kinda terrible to hear, when you play with my latency range. Also I like the idea of having a little evil animal making everything I say (even though I HATE the idea of having to feed it to make'em happy).

Thanks in advance.

Re: Hunter x Warrior, which one is more "lag friendly"?

don't go warrior. stance lag will screw you over so bad, you won't even know how to cry loud enough. losing games because your pummel came out 200ms too late is as frustrating as arena ever gets.

I almost have the same latency as you (150-200) and I never had any problems with my latncy on my warlock or even DK while in arena.
    So I was wondering if you are suffering from Lag spikes or High latency?

Lag spike: suddenly you see stuck players While they are doing a run animation and your spells are qued but they don't cast.
    High latency: your actions are usually done with some delay and your spells on viechles are being casted with a double GCD(they go on cooldown once and then go on cooldown again and are casted)
    80 Orc Hunter
    80 Tauren druid
    80 Tauren Warrior
    80 Orc Warlock
    80 Blood elf Death knight
    To Be continued...

I generally suffer from high latency, like my spells taking 0.5s to start casting after I pressed it and things like that. I learned to live with it being a caster, but people say as a warrior it's terrible because you can't spell reflect fast enough neither stance dance as fast as you need, or weap swaps and everything.

It looks like you are indeed suffering from high latency. Thank god there is a rather simple solution to that. But if you decide to live with your latency I would suggest you to pick the Hunter as the problems you stated with warriors are true to some extent.

As for the fix I can't post it on the forums because of the forum rules. I will send you the solution via PM though. Feel free to try that or not.
    80 Orc Hunter
    80 Tauren druid
    80 Tauren Warrior
    80 Orc Warlock
    To Be continued...

Hunters are a bit more lag friendly

I'm already using the registry fix if that is what you were talking about.

Edit: Just got your message. Indeed I'm considering using it that kind of service again. I used to use it and my latency was around 150ms-180ms.

It's still high for a warrior right?

I really doubt that if your latency is 200-250 normally it would be around 180 with that service. Maybe you picked the wrong choices and place and a poor service maybe. I guess it will be more like 80-100 with that service. It is really fast to set up so I suggest you to try it yourself and see.

About the registery fix That is complete bullshit. It won't affect your gameplay by any means and just gives you more lag spikes.

80 Orc Hunter
    80 Tauren druid
    80 Tauren Warrior
    80 Orc Warlock
    To Be continued...

I play from outside US, that's why I can't go lower than that >D

i'd say that for pve you're better off with a warrior, for pvp a hunter, standing on top of an enemy and still getting "out of range" error sucks balls
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedFate15
    since I'm a DK, I don't understand

Try Smoothping it should help you a bit. I Know it will help the guy playing from outside the US. best part is its free!
    Casual WoW Player and proud of it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Morwrath
    Try Smoothping it should help you a bit. I Know it will help the guy playing from outside the US. best part is its free!
    Not free anymore :/