Tier 8 two set bonus better than Tier 9 four set bonus for MM?

Is the Tier 8 two set bonus better for MM hunters? It not only gives a solid 10% increase to serpent sting damage but also boosts chimera shot damage by 10% as a result of the boost it gives serpent sting. Compare that to 600 AP for our pets from the Tier 9 four set bonus, for 15 seconds every 45 seconds (i think, that's what most proc cooldowns seem to be), and the pet is only about 20% of our damage maybe even less. It just seems to me that the 2 set bonus from Tier 8 is better for an MM hunter than the 4 set bonus from Tier 8. Is this the case?

Re: Tier 8 two set bonus better than Tier 9 four set bonus for MM?

The set bonus itself, yes, is better. They are both pretty bad, just t8 is less bad. But 2pc t9 is better then 2pc t8. And the fact that you are losing a lot of stats to go back to t8. Would far rather have 4pc t9 due to the stats themselves.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

4P T9 isnt especially great, i wouldnt make it a goal, pick up your offset items and youll be ok to break the 2P T8
    BO0ooOOooOOo0oooOO0OOooOO0ooo0OOOo0oOO0NEST0RM!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uttnikk/simple
    ^Deepz served here^

the t8 setbonus is in fact REALLY good for MM (compared to the others we got). I kept that one quite long.

At the moment i have 2 pieces of tier 8 and 2 pieces of tier 9, my main question i suppose is should i stick to what i have or go for 4 pieces of tier 9? It certainly looks like I'm better off sticking with the 2 set bonus's of both sets than going for the 4 set bonus of either, even with the extra stats of 2 more pieces of tier 9 the 2 set bonus of tier 8 is just so good for MM.

if you can replace it with 2 ilevel 245 pieces, do it. Before that, don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Heltoray
    if you can replace it with 2 ilevel 245 pieces, do it. Before that, don't.
    The Dragonstalker's Helm alone is strong enough to break the bonus. The crafted chestpiece is too.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

but that's not what he was asking for i think