Deleted

Feral Druid - PvE Talents

Hi out there!

I was told that my talent build is completely wrong for PvE, so i was wondering if some of you guys/girls would help me take a look at it.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/talent-calc....00000000000000

I'm playing on the EU realm called Ravecrest by the name 'Dizmaster'.

Thank you in advance!

Re: Feral Druid - PvE Talents

Here is an optimized Feral DPS build for PvE. You had the right idea; just some points could be put in better areas. If you can't include Ferocious Bite into your rotation (it is difficult) put points into Imp Leader of the Pack especially if there's no other feral druid.

Feral Druid DPS

Reasons for points: Furor is only there for get up in the next tier of resto tree. You shouldn't have to shift out of cat form in most boss fights. You also won't be healing in raids, and you shouldn't be forcing healers to heal you. So Nurturing Instinct is out.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ososhawkin
    Here is an optimized Feral DPS build for PvE. You had the right idea; just some points could be put in better areas. If you can't include Ferocious Bite into your rotation (it is difficult) put points into Imp Leader of the Pack especially if there's no other feral druid.

Feral Druid DPS

Reasons for points: Furor is only there for get up in the next tier of resto tree. You shouldn't have to shift out of cat form in most boss fights. You also won't be healing in raids, and you shouldn't be forcing healers to heal you. So Nurturing Instinct is out.
    I don't quite get your build. Why should i use Charge and Feral Instinct?

15+ Year Old Account

My only change from the above in my spec is to move the points from Feral Instinct to Feral Aggression 5/5 + iLotP (like this). For single target dps, swipe damage isn't important. Also, since I'm usually the only feral in our raids, I like to keep iLotP for that extra bit of healing for melee (useful in some aoe fights, like Anub). It's totally personal preference, and if you're planning to do a lot of aoe, then the swipe points are certainly justified.

Quote Originally Posted by Scantrax
    I don't quite get your build. Why should i use Charge and Feral Instinct?
    Charge is quite important -- there are certainly fights where you end up away from your main target, whether through a knockback (Icehowl) or to dps something else (heroic Jaraxxus). Time spent running makes up a huge amount of waste in dps; any way to reduce that is fantastic.

To use an example from another class -- research in BC showed that if a melee class spent more than 4 seconds in movement in a 5 minute fight, the speed enchant on boots outweighed any other enchant. (Can't find the original enhance shaman thread, but it's quoted in the warrior dps thread here.) Obviously the enchant in particular doesn't apply to us now thanks to Feral Swiftness, but I do think it shows how important it is to minimize time spent not actively dpsing.

Deleted

Actually i've heard it before but didn't think there was anything to it.

It sounds kind of weird to use charge in PvE, but i guess i might try it.

Edit...
    Now i see you point. I've been looking at the build, and it looks quite reasonable. Thanks for the help, i will try it and she how it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ososhawkin

Feral Druid DPS
    Optimized DPS builds don't gear around aoe DMG. Imp swipe is a luxury, and if you don't already have a feral with imp LotP then you should get it. Single target DPS is what you should spec around if you want to raid. I know that cleaving adds on Gormok, Jaraxxus, and Anub is important, but there are many fights where it's a waste. I usually FB adds if there's less than 4 of them anyway.

If you didn't understand what I was getting at, I would take 3 points out of Feral Instinct and fill up Feral Aggression and Imp LotP (if you don't have a raiding feral that has it).

10+ Year Old Account

Feral Charge is a must, but Survival Instinct is optional, i dont have that in my build and im fine, but it can save u time to time.

charge however is so good u have no idea.
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø