15+ Year Old Account

Legendary mace getting upgrade in 3.3 ?

Sorry if its been asked before, did a quick search but didnt find any relevant new info. Thanks!
    titanFocus.info -- news, predictions and place for discussion about Blizzard's upcoming next-gen MMO.

Re: Legendary mace getting upgrade in 3.3 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mynsc
    Sorry if its been asked before, did a quick search but didnt find any relevant new info. Thanks!
    i doubt it will be
    Thanks Caiti for the Signature and Avatar

15+ Year Old Account

Any clues (blue posts) that point to that or is it just a personal hunch ?
    titanFocus.info -- news, predictions and place for discussion about Blizzard's upcoming next-gen MMO.

I couldn't give you a link, but I read a blue post saying they were hesitant to upgrade any legendary because it would lead to people farming old content and never taking a second look at the new weapons being implemented.

Deleted

I guess not. I mean it would be kind of ridicilous to uprade legendaries by every new patch. I also rember an older blue post concerning the stat uprade on Val'anyr when 3.2 went live saying something like:

"we re-did the stats to fit it to the item level 245 drops in toc, because many players just got the legendary mace and with that patch they can switch back to the purple stuff and peform better with it"

so once again, i see no need in upgrading it, and i honestly think that there will be NO upgrade!

There was a Blue post a few weeks ago that said it would NOT be upgraded. The reasoning was that if it were upgraded guilds would be forced to do outdated content for 24 of 25 people just so the one healer could get his BiS mace. So once again it will NOT be getting upgraded, but they did not say that you would definitely be replacing it with ICC HM loot (though that is a good bet).

There was a post by GC a while back stating they had no plans on upgrading any legendary's. He said they didn't want people to feel they had to go back to old content to get BiS.

10+ Year Old Account

The proc is good enough on it's own. I doubt healers will switch maces in 3.3 tbh, even if the pure stats are better; especially for raid healing.

I thought it wasn't going to be upgraded come Cataclysm, like the experience boost on BoA items. They may upgrade it for ICC then stop when the expansion hits. Never know until ICC is released.

Quote Originally Posted by Mynsc
    Sorry if its been asked before
    Anyone notice how every single one of these threads starts out with those exact words... every fucking time...

I doubt it would be upgraded again, it already went under one upgrade but that was only because 3.2 was rushed (if not rushed, 3.2 was short and would have drastically cut into the weapon's lifespan). Like all weapons, it's now served a long healthy life and will probably continue to do so simply due to it's proc. There's no need to upgrade the stats on the weapon again.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Pyskato
    Anyone notice how every single one of these threads starts out with those exact words... every fucking time...
    Maybe because its the polite way to do it ? I really did search for previous topics with this subject, but I didnt spend more than 5 minutes so it is possible i missed something, especially since I imagine the topic would be pretty popular. Sorry if this bothers you so much.

I dont think the proc will be able to compensate for the extra stats on the 25man hc ICC weapons. Anyway, I just got it a few weeks back (wasnt around when Ulduar started so I had to wait in line for the first healer to get his) and it's a shame I'll probably have to abandon it a couple of weeks after ICC launches. Was thinking a slight upgrade wouldnt be much of a problem, to have the same stats as the 10man hc ICC weapons.

Anyways, thanks for the answers Does anyone have a direct link to the blue post you guys talk about ?

It will not. You should leave this thread knowing that there is no real chance of this happening, move on to whatever thought crosses your mind next that doesn't have to do with legendary weapons upgrading. You'll be doing yourself a favor, I promise.

I think most of you are underestimating the power of the proc, on some AoE damage heavy encounters the mace proc itself can easily surpass absorbs of a decently skilled Disc Priest, simply put - it's amazing.

In the state it's in I highly doubt the mace will be replaced even in Cata, the proc is just THAT good and scales so well with your healing done. I'm guessing that come Cata we'll see a level requirement on that proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Loretto
    It will not. You should leave this thread knowing that there is no real chance of this happening, move on to whatever thought crosses your mind next that doesn't have to do with legendary weapons upgrading. You'll be doing yourself a favor, I promise.
    Look at this guy, mister blizzard developer worker person.
    Gear Score is the Jonas Brothers of World of Warcraft

There is no mention of boosting it for 3.3 however, the blizz team has been throwing around the idea of making legendary weapons scalable. They talked briefly on it in blizzcon but they stated while scaling would make things like thunderfury slightly op as people could easily farm it to get a god weapon. They do want to however see legendary weapons a progressively important item that isn't simply replaced and requires some effort to acquire, so we may be seeing some changes here soon to them, just not 3.3 sadly.

i doubt they will upgrade it again.

first upgrade was also made cuz the mace wasnt really that good in stats except the great bonus so they add more SP and raise the stats. but never the less, it will be great healing mace whole expansion due to scalable bonus.

hell, it will be good in next expansion also

Quote Originally Posted by Mineissilent
    There was a post by GC a while back stating they had no plans on upgrading any legendary's. He said they didn't want people to feel they had to go back to old content to get BiS.
    This
    That why the Mace does not upgrade to 258 item lvl