Looking for a mod that will let me focus an enemy player by just right clicking.

Title says it all.

I personally thing it's stupid that when I'm not in arenas I have to make a macro or right click then set focus to focus an enemy player when the only option i ever get in bgs or world is set focus anyway.

Re: Looking for a mod that will let me focus an enemy player by just right clicking.

Quote Originally Posted by Packapunch7
    Title says it all.

I personally thing it's stupid that when I'm not in arenas I have to make a macro or right click then set focus to focus an enemy player when the only option i ever get in bgs or world is set focus anyway.
    You can no longer focus on targets using addons. You need to use macros for that case.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich King
    "You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave... and the true meaning of fear."

Re: Looking for a mod that will let me focus an enemy player by just right clicking.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordret
    You can no longer focus on targets using addons. You need to use macros for that case.
    This is correct.
    In fact just setting focus with an addon will result in a Taint error.

UI addons usually set a macro so it can set focus because of this.

Deleted

Here's a macro that will set focus on the target that your mouse is hovering over ( AKA mouseover macro ).

/focus [target=mouseover]

Upgrading the above macro a bit, this is the macro i use for focussing:

/focus [target=mouseover,exists][exists]
    /stopmacro [target=mouseover,exists][exists]
    /clearfocus

it will focus the mouse over target, if none it will focus your current target, if no target selected nor mouse-overed (if that's a word ^_^) then it will clear the focus.
    Hope it helps.

new question:

i use x perl and when i try to focus just with the right click and hitting focus it gives me an error message what do i do

Not to hijack the thread but to lolmeltface's question, as was explained in the thread they protected the function of setting a focus through an addon, so use a macro or type /focus if you want to set up a focus.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous
    Not to hijack the thread but to lolmeltface's question, as was explained in the thread they protected the function of setting a focus through an addon, so use a macro or type /focus if you want to set up a focus.
    I'm almost certain gladius still has this functionality.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

There are a couple of addons that use a workaround for this (StUF and Gladius, I believe). However, the workaround SOMETIMES causes taint - if it gives you that error on those UF addons, just do it again. :P