Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: US PTR Testing - Valithria Dreamwalker

Sucks to be disc in that fight... Absorbtion healing ftl
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom
    "AMG we never get any new encounter mechaniks blizzard suks"

Yeah right. Sounds interesting.
    AMG one new mechanic in 3 years.. woah! My fanboi meter went over top.

Deleted

Then don't go Disc? ???

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Cronnix
    AMG one new mechanic in 3 years.. woah! My fanboi meter went over top.
    Lol what? There's plenty of new mechanics since Vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by swiftfeet
    Lol what? There's plenty of new mechanics since Vanilla
    meant since TBC. Its 2 years I guess. Yet I cant see something that is totally new like the one in this topic, most are variations of "Dont stand in fire".

Not really, have the disc priest focus on a tank, frees up a healer completely to stay on vali. Disc priest are leet tank heals.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Aous
    Not really, have the disc priest focus on a tank, frees up a healer completely to stay on vali. Disc priest are leet tank heals.
    Still makes it suck to be disc in that fight since you ALLWAYS heal the tanks otherwise...
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by azuraji
    Does anyone know where all the abilities are taken (guessed) from? Is someone sending a Combat Log to you, Boub?
    I run a mod called MobSpells and talk to Bibi in-game to send him all the abilities. I was a bit late with them this time around from discussing the boss mechanics and strategy.

To all you people saying to just blow LoH with 20 paladins...Doesn't work. Lay on Hands heals for the amount of health that the paladin has. Say,22k buffed? So it will only heal for 22k.
    With 20 paladins thats 440,000 health. Valithria has like, 20 million health that needs to be healed. So 440,000 will barely put a dent in her. One LoH is about equal to a Holy Light crit.

I am Druid - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by shiryo View Post
    "Whats your ilvl? cuz that ass is epic"

Still makes it suck to be disc in that fight since you ALLWAYS heal the tanks otherwise...

I'm disc and I do a pretty good job of keeping the tanks topped off and shielded while spot-healing the raid. I think it would be pretty easy to do the same thing ,except throwing the extra heals on Vali.

Whats the addon that does the wavy graph that goes up and down? And what unit frame's is that?

Love the looks of this fight! Very creative and original, actually healing the boss to win the fight. Seems pretty easy, like most of the other fights, but that's probably gonna change once it goes live.
    Two types of people laugh at the law: those that break it and those that make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tombstone
    I forgot that because your 10 man doesn't use a certain class that makes said class not useful at all, your logic is flawless. The fact remains, if there is a Shaman in your raid, Enhancement, Ele, or Resto. They should be purging his buff regardless if there are mages present of not, the objective of any class with abilities like that in such an encounter where there is a ton of damage being tossed around is to reduce said damage, even if that means restricting dps for classes that are already ridiculous (ie mages). As a resto shaman I find myself shocking Vezaxxs Searing Flames, purging Jaraxxus and doing whatever I'd normally do in PvP to minimize damage taken. It's called common sense.
    Maybe if you're in a shitty guild that can't trust members because they fail at personal responsibilities, then you should purge. Me on the other hand, I'd rather have a mage spell steal the buff so he can do amazing dps and the fight can end faster. Especially on heroic when you need dps to focus down adds, portals, and volcanoes quickly. It's honestly not hard to remove his stacks with spell steal on 10 or 25 mans. Even if the mage is slow to getting them off, I mean it's already the easiest fight in the instance on normal and hard modes, so you're probably in no danger.

Also, how is wind shear any better than any other kind of interrupt on that fight? Oh boy it has a longer range!
    Dk- http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mannoroth&cn=Raivious

Anyone know what the PORTALS 1, 3, 5, 7 (then 2, 4, 6, 8 ) and set's 1 and 2 strategy means?

I know it's about going into the portal to get DPS and healers the buff but how does that particular setup work the guy is ordering in raid?

Quote Originally Posted by noahjam326
    I'm disc and I do a pretty good job of keeping the tanks topped off and shielded while spot-healing the raid. I think it would be pretty easy to do the same thing ,except throwing the extra heals on Vali.
    Exactly, we are NOT tank only healers, that's a HUGE waste of Discipline's versatility and tool set/talents.

A Disc would be good on this fight to heal many of the add killers/tanks since there is a huge armor debuff from one of them. The tank in the video almost dies many times that fight also, Discipline is all about saving lives.

Discipline can spam GHeal really fast also on Valithria (even though it will hit for a little less, it will be very fast) and mana efficiency isn't a huge deal with the MP5 buff we get in the portals.

There's no point in really arguing though, every class will have a niche in this fight, no reason to say, "oh don't bring that guy".

More people just need to realize Disciplines uses like many of the progression guilds have. There's usually one in every world 1st and in the videos on MMOChamp (not in this one, in all of the other PTR fights though).

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Malevolence
    Maybe if you're in a shitty guild that can't trust members because they fail at personal responsibilities, then you should purge. Me on the other hand, I'd rather have a mage spell steal the buff so he can do amazing dps and the fight can end faster. Especially on heroic when you need dps to focus down adds, portals, and volcanoes quickly. It's honestly not hard to remove his stacks with spell steal on 10 or 25 mans. Even if the mage is slow to getting them off, I mean it's already the easiest fight in the instance on normal and hard modes, so you're probably in no danger.

Also, how is wind shear any better than any other kind of interrupt on that fight? Oh boy it has a longer range!
    You have a point. Sorry, I was talking about more along the lines of pugging, and even in guild raids some jackhole dps will get cleaved/stand in fire/pull aggro and die for some retarded reason thus making me or any other healing class who can dispell/purge etc use said abilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangz
    GoD isn't so great for unholy
    Quote Originally Posted by HoX
    i dont understamd ???

Hmm, this encounter cant be fun for a holy paladin.... HL HL HL HL HL HL HL.... the boss until hes healed

A druid on the other hand... keeping full hots on the dragon at all time and healing the raid, can be fun

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewarrows
    I run a mod called MobSpells and talk to Bibi in-game to send him all the abilities. I was a bit late with them this time around from discussing the boss mechanics and strategy.
    Completely unrelated, but could you post or PM me a list of your addons or the UI you use? It looks to be much better than Spartan UI D:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sargeras&n=Delonyera

Quote Originally Posted by Imdownhere
    Hmm, this encounter cant be fun for a holy paladin.... HL HL HL HL HL HL HL.... the boss until hes healed

A druid on the other hand... keeping full hots on the dragon at all time and healing the raid, can be fun
    Hmm, every other encounter can't be fun for a frost/fire mage. Just Frostfire Bolt the boss until it's dead.

<.<

Freakin' awesome signature is by JustintimeSS

15+ Year Old Account

I don't believe it! The dragon just ports off when you save her.
    Ungrateful wench. Hell she one shots all the surviving adds in the room what do you think she could do to the surviving bosses in the instance? *grumble grumble*
    Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much. ~attributed to Oscar Wilde