Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    [BoA gear for a leveling shaman (enh.)]

    Hey guys will be leveling a shaman soon (have an inactive account atm), and would like
    to know if the BoA leather chest + shoulders are better than the mail ones, as I've
    heard some people saying that the leather ones are better itemised.

    As for the weopons: Is 2 x 1H maces (BoA) the way to go; as i know duel-wield is at 40,
    so would it be advisable to run with 1 BoA 1H mace and a shield (1-40), or run with a
    2H weopon (Purchase a BoA one and which one, for the first 40 levels)?

    Is it fine to just go with enh spec 1-80, or does elemental come better, and at which level?

    Thanks in advance for your help.

    Edit 1:- Would +15 agility enchants for the 2 maces the way to go or other?
    - Which BoA trinkets would be best suited, and do they even make much of a difference while leveling?

  2. #2

    Re: [BoA gear for a leveling shaman (enh.)]

    I prefer the leather boa gear since it has more stamina but thats just me either mail or leather will do fine 20% more exp either way
    x2 boa maces work great since their attack speed is slow and stats are nice while leveling, dual crusader at 40 can work pretty nice but again your choice.
    Some like the 2hander atlvl 30 for massive WF crits but its very RNG so if you do go for it get the WF glyph just to help out a litte bit. Both the mana regain and health regain boa trinkets will work fine since you dont get your first actual trinket till higher level and even then the boa ones still out rank any you can get till outland IMO. Also if you gonna go elemental try at 60 its when you get thunderstorm and its very fun to mess within pvp or in pve it can save your ass if you just need a bit of mana to heal or finish a mob off. At 75 elemental becomes great because of lava burst and you can 2-3 shot alot of things so i urge you to give that a try. Best of luck to you

  3. #3
    Mechagnome Hexus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Orgrimmar, Troll Quarter.
    Posts
    660

    Re: [BoA gear for a leveling shaman (enh.)]

    People's claims that the leather gear is better itemized are only half true. The leather gear is "better itemized" because of its hit rating, which does not have the same value to a raider that it does to someone leveling an alt. If you have the option, go for the 2 handed weapon until you're able to duel wield. Enhance with a shield is just a bad idea.
    Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much. ~attributed to Oscar Wilde

  4. #4

    Re: [BoA gear for a leveling shaman (enh.)]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hotshocklate
    I prefer the leather boa gear since it has more stamina but thats just me either mail or leather will do fine 20% more exp either way
    x2 boa maces work great since their attack speed is slow and stats are nice while leveling, dual crusader at 40 can work pretty nice but again your choice.
    Some like the 2hander atlvl 30 for massive WF crits but its very RNG so if you do go for it get the WF glyph just to help out a litte bit. Both the mana regain and health regain boa trinkets will work fine since you dont get your first actual trinket till higher level and even then the boa ones still out rank any you can get till outland IMO. Also if you gonna go elemental try at 60 its when you get thunderstorm and its very fun to mess within pvp or in pve it can save your ass if you just need a bit of mana to heal or finish a mob off. At 75 elemental becomes great because of lava burst and you can 2-3 shot alot of things so i urge you to give that a try. Best of luck to you
    Nice and informative, thanks.

  5. #5

    Re: [BoA gear for a leveling shaman (enh.)]

    The diffence in itemization on BoA gear is so neglegable that you wouldn't even notice levelling. They all have 10% XP bonus, and thats the important part.

  6. #6

    Re: [BoA gear for a leveling shaman (enh.)]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hexus
    People's claims that the leather gear is better itemized are only half true. The leather gear is "better itemized" because of its hit rating, which does not have the same value to a raider that it does to someone leveling an alt. If you have the option, go for the 2 handed weapon until you're able to duel wield. Enhance with a shield is just a bad idea.
    yeh i might get the 2hander BoA, mite aswell, as i can give it to some other alts ( If i can still remember i still have quite alot of unused badges to buy the BoA gear,
    so i''ll probably go tht way)

  7. #7
    Stood in the Fire Woesnoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gilneas
    Posts
    372

    Re: [BoA gear for a leveling shaman (enh.)]

    Hello

    If I was you I should buy 2 times the 1h maces and 1 time the 2h mace and ofcourse chest, shoulders. Put on the 2 maces ofcourse 15 agility and on the 2h mace just put a crusader enchant on it (first 10 lvl, you will just one shot the people there if crus procs!) Then just lvl to 40 take you 2 maces and rush to 80 That was me. And also if you do got fishing win the Kalu'Ak fishing tourney or something. You will get a BoA ring which gives 5% more experience from killing monsters and completing quests. (That is availible in patch 3.3) Sorry for my spelling btw.

    Have fun with your shaman.


    P.S About the leather piece and the mail piece. That is availible to you if you are planning to lvling a rogue or druid later take leather but the mail ones are better for shaman because they got some intellect on it, i lvled a shaman aswell and it rocks, because you won't be that quick oom. And with the talent you got 100% ap from int. So i think it is better to pick up mail.


    Greetings Zangosh,


    Made by Rockhorn : )

  8. #8

    Re: [BoA gear for a leveling shaman (enh.)]

    Quote Originally Posted by Toogood
    yeh i might get the 2hander BoA, mite aswell, as i can give it to a palli, warrior, hunter alt
    dont be a huntard PLEASE!!! there are enough running around with strength pieces, but boa? i mean, cmon!

  9. #9
    Stood in the Fire Woesnoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gilneas
    Posts
    372

    Re: [BoA gear for a leveling shaman (enh.)]

    Quote Originally Posted by ubergoose
    dont be a huntard PLEASE!!! there are enough running around with strength pieces, but boa? i mean, cmon!
    This


    Made by Rockhorn : )

  10. #10

    Re: [BoA gear for a leveling shaman (enh.)]

    Quote Originally Posted by Woesnoes
    That was me. And also if you do got fishing win the Kalu'Ak fishing tourney or something. You will get a BoA ring which gives 5% more experience from killing monsters and completing quests. (That is availible in patch 3.3) Sorry for my spelling btw.
    I'll be comin bk to wow in bout 1-2 weeks, so 3.3 will not be here yet, but tht extra 5%, does seem tempting, and would certainly do tht tourney for tht 5% more exp ring on my main (for the shaman and the my other alts).

    I'm very keen to lv this shaman to 80, will probz make him a healer with enh off-spec. My lock or DK interests have dwindled heaps.

    So i guess for the 1st 40 levels this 2H mace is the winner with a crusader enchant (http://www.wowwiki.com/Repurposed_Lava_Dredger)

  11. #11
    Stood in the Fire Woesnoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gilneas
    Posts
    372

    Re: [BoA gear for a leveling shaman (enh.)]

    Hehe, but just a question, If you are going to make him restoration main specc, maybe it should be a little better to level him in elemental???


    Made by Rockhorn : )

  12. #12

    Re: [BoA gear for a leveling shaman (enh.)]

    Quote Originally Posted by ubergoose
    dont be a huntard PLEASE!!! there are enough running around with strength pieces, but boa? i mean, cmon!
    The 2h mace (the only 2h boa a shaman can use) is an agi weapon. It's pretty much only good for a sub 40 shaman, druid, or hunter. Using it on anything else would be less than optimal.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

  13. #13

    Re: [BoA gear for a leveling shaman (enh.)]

    Quote Originally Posted by Woesnoes
    Hehe, but just a question, If you are going to make him restoration main specc, maybe it should be a little better to level him in elemental???
    Enh spec seems to be the most efficient to level with, and if your point is to have sp gear redy to heal at 80, well than: i'll be using duel-spec with resto off-spec from 40,
    and ill buy sum craftables to heal sum instances in between those levels (40-80, but most probably frm 70 onwards, as instancing i find is a pain in the ass, at those lower lvls),
    plus at 80 i can buy sum craftable epics for resto spec (Ive got plenty of g frm my main to spend), and run norm ToC and H ToC countlessly to gear up quickly.

  14. #14

    Re: [BoA gear for a leveling shaman (enh.)]

    Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry
    The 2h mace (the only 2h boa a shaman can use) is an agi weapon. It's pretty much only good for a sub 40 shaman, druid, or hunter. Using it on anything else would be less than optimal.
    The fail is exceptionally strong with this one.

    First of all in addition to the mace shamans can also use Bloodied Arcanite Reaper http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42943 which is superior because of its slower speed, which provides harder wf hits. Therefore using the 2h mace for levels 1-40 is certainly not optimal. Use Bloodied Arcanite Reaper instead.

    And hunters cant wield maces.

  15. #15

    Re: [BoA gear for a leveling shaman (enh.)]

    Quote Originally Posted by Butu
    Bloodied Arcanite Reaper http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42943 which is superior because of its slower speed, which provides harder wf hits. Therefore using the 2h mace for levels 1-40 is certainly not optimal. Use Bloodied Arcanite Reaper instead.
    fair enough.

  16. #16

    Re: [BoA gear for a leveling shaman (enh.)]

    Recruit a friend (yourself) and lend your friends character and boost it to 60 in 1 day >_<

    That's what I did.



    Then you buy the maces, enchant the OH with crusader and the MH with +15 agi and get the mail BoAs (scales better for shammies IMO) and don't get the trinkets. They just suck (if you don't agree, get the SP trinket, haste just sux).

    I levelled 6 characters this way, way better xP.

    kthxbai

  17. #17

    Re: [BoA gear for a leveling shaman (enh.)]

    Quote Originally Posted by Joakim1331
    Recruit a friend (yourself) and lend your friends character and boost it to 60 in 1 day >_<

    That's what I did.



    Then you buy the maces, enchant the OH with crusader and the MH with +15 agi and get the mail BoAs (scales better for shammies IMO) and don't get the trinkets. They just suck (if you don't agree, get the SP trinket, haste just sux).

    I levelled 6 characters this way, way better xP.

    kthxbai
    Man does that look tempting

  18. #18

    Re: [BoA gear for a leveling shaman (enh.)]

    got more screenshots xP

  19. #19

    Re: [BoA gear for a leveling shaman (enh.)]

    So ideally you can triple box using the RAF system? so RAF urself on ur 2nd bought account to ur main account, and u can use a friends 80 to
    instance both ur lowbies with triple xp? So than from ur 60 on ur 2nd account u can grant 30 levels to another char on ur main account from lv30-lv60,
    so than if this is all sound, u have 3 lv60 characters, that all up took 12 hours /played?

    So da only minus if the above is true, is paying for a 2nd account and than transferring the 60 frm the 2nd account to ur main account.

  20. #20
    Pandaren Monk nalle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,842

    Re: [BoA gear for a leveling shaman (enh.)]

    Quote Originally Posted by Toogood
    So ideally you can triple box using the RAF system? so RAF urself on ur 2nd bought account to ur main account, and u can use a friends 80 to
    instance both ur lowbies with triple xp? So than from ur 60 on ur 2nd account u can grant 30 levels to another char on ur main account from lv30-lv60,
    so than if this is all sound, u have 3 lv60 characters, that all up took 12 hours /played?

    So da only minus if the above is true, is paying for a 2nd account and than transferring the 60 frm the 2nd account to ur main account.
    Pretty much how it works ye.

    If you don't like leveling (atleast 1-60) or just want to level fast RAF is THE way to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawnxxx View Post
    Thank god you posted that pic done by Da Vinci The vitruvian man because to be honest I had NOOOO Idea what a Human body looked liked therefor had NO idea what you were refering too. With that said the sylvari are made of lettuce. If I twist up some cabage leaves too look like a human, it doesnt make it monohuman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    That picture has four arms and four legs. It's not a human, so it's clearly a spider.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •