ToC twins, possibly a powerup bug.

I dont know if this is a bug or not, or if it's already discovered. But if you're a warlock and hellfire near light/dark at twins, the "orbs" you click, or at leas the light one, you can stack up 100x powerup before the fight starts.

HF!

Re: ToC twins, possibly a powerup bug.

DURP
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

Hmm, it kind of makes sense. The light buff does absorb the white balls, which cause fire damage, so i can see it also absorbing hellfire and buffing you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chin
    Garrosh would wage war against the ocean for not being made out of orcs.

also works with SW: Death if you have the dark essence

Whats a lock?

Cylon's Warcraft Blog - News, guides and more! Come join my community.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon24
    Whats a lock?
    Something you do with a door.

Anyways, didn't know about that, gonna tell our Priests/Warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon24
    Whats a lock?
    The things that rogues pick.

Pretty sure topics like this will make blizzard fix this bug, and make an example out of some poor lock.

Deleted

Very interesting!

This really isn't a bug...

The LIGHT aura only, stacks with fire dmg done to you (and makes you immune to fire dmg from the LIGHT boss). Hellfire causes fire dmg to the warlock.

However, having snooped around with this it takes a very long time to stack it to 100%, then you run the risk of immediately grabbing aggro anyways.

I'm sure they didn't "intend" for warlocks to be able to stack this themselves but I don't think the LIGHT buff stacking on fire dmg is a bug..seeing as that is how the mechanic works for the whole fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mix
    This really isn't a bug...

The LIGHT aura only, stacks with fire dmg done to you (and makes you immune to fire dmg from the LIGHT boss). Hellfire causes fire dmg to the warlock.

However, having snooped around with this it takes a very long time to stack it to 100%, then you run the risk of immediately grabbing aggro anyways.

I'm sure they didn't "intend" for warlocks to be able to stack this themselves but I don't think the LIGHT buff stacking on fire dmg is a bug..seeing as that is how the mechanic works for the whole fight.

What he said. Sadly with how blizzard thinks creative use of game mechanics are likely to get you banned so be careful while using it. One of our locks tested it whion regular and it certainly woks.

I've done this a few times and it definately works, it's just... impractical. You gain 1 stack per tick, which is about every second, gaining no more than 15 per hellfire cast. So to gain a full stack of 100, it'd take you 1 min 40 seconds, making is somewhat viable to begin with if your raid is patient enough to wait, but after that it doesn't do anything more than provide a few chuckles. The dps time you'd lose while "Powering up" would far outweigh any dps benefit from the actual buff.

Although, it was funny the first time i did it in a pug and the RL was all like "Who the hell is the nub hellfiring!?!?!".
    There is no Arthas, only Ner'zhul.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by _Cin
    I've done this a few times and it definately works, it's just... impractical. You gain 1 stack per tick, which is about every second, gaining no more than 15 per hellfire cast. So to gain a full stack of 100, it'd take you 1 min 40 seconds, making is somewhat viable to begin with if your raid is patient enough to wait, but after that it doesn't do anything more than provide a few chuckles. The dps time you'd lose while "Powering up" would far outweigh any dps benefit from the actual buff.

Although, it was funny the first time i did it in a pug and the RL was all like "Who the hell is the nub hellfiring!?!?!".
    I think its supposed to be used before the fight not while fighting

Its something you can be banned for.. only done it once several weeks ago and not bothered to do ti again,

but yeh ermmm the people who talked bout aggro being a problem at the start arent of high intelligence

Its quite obvious that you dont stack to 100 with hellfire.. LIke a DURRR

stack it to 85-92 depending on your tactic then wait for a few balls to hit you after 20-40 secs and you get the buff, np for the tanks to hold aggro

But I wouldnt advise anyone to use this as i seen somewhere it been said that you can be banned..

Also there's a shield interrupt bug aswell wouldnt advise that either :P

10+ Year Old Account

Using this power-up as a warlock made me feel like a Dragon Ball Z character. Super long build up time for not much time performing. Good for initial burst but useless in the grand scheme of the fight. Maybe if they were the Octo Val'kyrs and you could just Hellfire the whole fight would it be gamebreaking and overpowered. Doubt it will be changed because its not that useful.
    Only 2 things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe - Albert Einstein