Anub10 50 chest HM achiev help!

Ok so we are trying to get the 50 chest achiev and keep missing it by a few trys, our Anub10 HC 10 man strat doesnt seem to work all the time, our setup is -

3 Healers (Pala/Disc Priest/Druid)
    2 Tanks (Pala on boss, Warrior on adds)
    2 Melee (DK/War)
    3 Ranged (Ele Shaman/Mage/Lock)

We ALWAYS use this setup of healers/tanks/melee/ranged, classes sometimes change, should we consider changing this at all firstly?

Our P1/P2 strat works 90% of the time, but do we really need 2 phase 2's? What we do is -

P1/2 - Ranged nuke boss at all times, melee nuke adds whenever there up, we tend to get the boss to 60% before the first P2, then the second time we get him to 32% and stop ALL DPS for a 2nd P2, as if we didnt we would have adds up still and have more adds incoming very soon after P3 starts, meaning that chance of having 4 adds if the DPS isnt fast enough increases. We use 2 bits of ice and 1 HoP in the first P2, and 3 bits of ice in the 2nd P2. When he comes up for the 3rd time we dont tank the boss on ice but we do tank the adds on ice, EVERYONE zergs the adds, then its P3 time.

P3 - ALL DPS Nuke the boss, pop BL+frost res potion and go all out on the DPS, sometimes we use army of the dead, we always tank the adds in melee range of the boss for cleave to try to make them submerge. If im honest 1 or 2 trys our DPS has been slacking a bit and we've had the 3rd+4th adds come before the boss dies meaning the add tank dies fast and its a very fast wipe. But most some of the time its the healing, we try to get healers to keep the raid at 15-20% HP at all times, we have the Pala heal the MT, the disc priest try to shield the whole raid when there on 15-20% HP if they drop to low he will renew them, finally the druid is healing pent cold. I know people will most likely say put the disc priest on people with pent cold he is 10 times better at it. But with the druid keeping the raid at 15-20% HP he just cant, he can wait till they get REALLY low, but even a low ticking HoT will take them and keep them at 35-40% and we just find this DMG WAY to hard to nuke through. So, any healing suggestions or general suggestions for us to improve our strat to get the 50 chest achiev.

Thanks in advance for any/all advice

Deleted

Re: Anub10 50 chest HM achiev help!

Make your Priest or Druide switch to a DPS-specc. This will allow you to skip your second P2 and get him down to 30% without the adds overrunning you. In P3 continue killing 1-3 add-spawns, let them submerge when anub is at ~10%.

I have done this fight as Holy-Priest, Warlock and Prot-Pala with other mains and alts, and in general every 2 healer setup including a paladin is oneshot, everything else is much much harder.

Ok thanks for the info guys, we did consider trying a 2 healer setup today but didnt want to risk going with a new tactic and not get the 50 chest achiev. But yea thanks for the info we will be sure to try this, as we left Anub'Arak alive today to test a new strat before next reset.

Cheers, hopefully we can get that 50 chest now

Ideally you want to get him to 30% before the 2nd burrow phase, that way you can use all the orbs on the first if needed while kiting, which will give a little more room for mistakes. Make sure you have a few good aoe interrupts that can catch the shadow strikes every time they cast (paladins are great for this). Once he hits 30% pop lust/heroism and burn him. Have your dps ignore the adds and let them burrow in p3, he should go down before they come back up.

For our 10 man TotGC we use this setup:
    3 healers (disci priest/ shaman/ druid)
    2 tanks which vary between paladin/warri or dk/warri.. with the warri tanking the adds.
    5 dds (mostly: 1 enhancer/1 rogue/1 dk/ 1 hunter and 1 ret pally)

As you can see from this LU we have a very strong melee cleave setup which is perfect because the melees just kill the adds while they are killing the boss, so we manage to get to phase 3 after one phase 2. Note: Our shaman healer does dmg during ph 1 because his heal is not needed but then goes to heal on ph 3. So the important thing is that you get him down to 30% after 1 burrow phase and then pop heroism/bloodlust and kill him as fast as possible.

We also have a caster lineup in another grp where they have a mage and a warlock that bomb even though the melee cleave is easier and more reliable.

Hope I could help you.

Ideally you want to 2 heal it.
    That way it's a lot easier to get him to 30% before the burrow, pop Hero and burn the boss down.
    If you've got a Shadow Priest or Elemental Shaman it might be worth them healing up some Penetrating Cold victims occasionally if it gets hectic and two healers get it.
    Don't worry about it if it hits a Rogue or Death Knight, they can just cloak/shield it.

2 heal it and only have 1 submerge phase.

Why are you waiting at 32% for a second phase 2? You should only want one burrow phase if you have the dps, there's no benefit to having two. I don't think that another wave of adds comes immediately at 30%, they should be on a set timer since they spawn the whole fight. Regardless I've always done it with 3 healers and have never had a problem bringing him to 30% with one burrow phase, or ever had 4 adds up at the same time.

Honestly if you are that threatened by having 4 adds up before 30%, make all dps switch to them right when he starts casting leeching swarm to make sure you kill them off. However if you're able to get him to 30% in one burrow I don't understand how you're having trouble with adds? Warriors and Dks are kings at this fight. Is your dk slacking? He should be unholy, and your warrior should be fury sapmming cleave. I had around 8k dps last 10 man insanity run with unholy. We just dominate that fight.
    Dk- http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mannoroth&cn=Raivious

Our 10m group has anub pretty much rocksolid.
    Our setup is
    2 tankadins (me in BV gear sporting a bit over 3k BV for the adds)
    2 healers (usually holy pala, resto druid)
    6 DPS (ret pal, rogue, fury warr, enhance shaman and a mage)

What we do is just place the adds next to anub and let the multi target skills finish them off. Using me and the ret pala to interrupt the shadow strike. The adds don't last long enough to see 4 up at the same time.

In P3 we pop everything and I just start to OT the adds on non frozen ground to let them burrow. It seems to work for us.

Only reason we still lack a 50 attempts left clear is faction champs

Is your warrior arms?

You may find the fight somewhat difficult if you dont have any of the following:
    Wound Poison
    Aimed Shot
    Mortal Strike

Yeah like everyone else said, definitly a 2 healer fight.

We do it in 1 sink phase.
    We bring 2 Fury Warriors who cleave from the adds to Anub, and ignore the 2nd set of 2 adds until the sink phase to maximize DPS on Anub.
    During sink phase everyone run to the center so adds group up in 1 place, ranged take care of the 2 adds left up. Marked people run 1st marked to entrance, 2nd marked to front, and repeat.
    In phase 3 healing need to be MINIMAL to hasten how fast Anub dies. In fact, we don't heal anybody who isn't tanking or doesn't have Penetrating Cold. Healing Spring Totem and Judgement of Light should keep EVERYONE else alive since the minimum tick is 250HP. Healing just need to be on the ball for this phase.
    Also, just remember to not drop Anub to 30% until the first 2 adds are dead. Let the second set sink, he should be dead before they come back up.
    Easy win!

We just got it this week after a few weeks of 45-49 clears :S

First of all I would advice on only 1 phase 2 I cant see any reason why you want to push it and on top of that with only one you can use 5 ice and safe the bop if the adds tank dies. I would strongely suggest tanking the adds on top of the boss since even if you dont need it for phase 1 then it can make phase 3 alot shorter.

Since phase 3 seems to be your issue im going to focus on stuff you might try out:
    1: As I said tank them on top of the boss this allows the cleave from the war/dk to hit the boss aswell.
    2: Dont heal the melee unless they got penetrating cold since jol should be enugh.
    3: If you find that you sometimes get 4 adds then instead of getting them to submurge, kill them. You can easily kill them with cleave/hs allone and if they go down to slow get a range or 2 to help burn them down. You can easily continue killing adds in phase 3 for atleast 2-3 packs before you start pushing your lock.
    4. If your warrior is furry get him to respec arms, ms/wound/aimed shot is huge for his fight and can help a ton in phase 3.
    5. I know you says your druid is bad to keeping people low but I would still have him do the raid healing. My suggestion would be to down rank, have him keep rank 10 rejuv on healers/ranged and then he can use his spare gcd to help out the tank healing/penetrating cold, because to be honest disc is just perfect for that job, shield 1 penace 1 and keep them up with flash heal.
    6. Holywrath is still very very nice.

6: and most extreme advice is if you find nothing helps at all then try to make a pure physical/magic group. The damage from a eleshaman, spriest, boomkin, mage, lock or rogue, warrior, feraldruid, retpala, enhancement is in most cases alot higher then a mixed group. This is ofc not an options if you are a close group of friends just pointing out this might just be the solution. (Btw this comes from a guy that did insanity with a mixed group so its not impossible. My point is just it can be the solution and it can make a diffrence.

Ok, thanks again for all of our help, after looking over our current strat it seems we are using an unstable method which we can kill the boss with but not consistently. So we have completely changed our strat and are 99% sure we will get 50 chests this week thanks to you guys.

Cheers everyone for the help