November 1-2 - Day of the Dead
The Day of the Dead is a new mini world event added to the game with Wrath of the Lich King. Let's just say it's the Pirate's Day with a few more things, including a temporary companion pet : Macabre Marionette.
But first, you will most likely want to complete Dead Man's Party.
- Go to any graveyard, preferably the one of your faction's capital city. (We'll get to that later)
- Dance with Catrina here. (Screenshot)
- That's it!
Now let's get you a Macabre Marionette.
- Buy the Recipe: Bread of the Dead from Chapman next to Catrina and learn it.
- Buy the Simple Flour from any cooking supplies NPC (just take the one next to the trainer if you don't know where they are) and Ice Cold Milk from most Innkeeper and Food/Drink vendors.
- Go to the graveyard of your faction's capital city and go to the Ghostly Cooking Fire next to Catrina.
- Create a Bread of the Dead.
- Buy an Orange Marigold or a Bouquet of Orange Marigolds from Chapman (the NPC who sells the recipe) and use it. Ghosts will appear in the graveyard.
- One of the ghosts will offer the following quest : The Grateful Dead.
- Give the bread to the ghost to receive your Macabre Marionette!
And you're done with the Day of the Dead. Below is the description from the official page.