Thread: Warlock Hitcap

Deleted

Warlock Hitcap

Hi guys, im a confused warlock, i wonder how much the hitcap is. i ask so maney people and allways get diffrent answers and alot of people tell me im over hitcaped so i dropped a couple % down to what a guy said was the real deal. but what is the real deal - real deal hitcap.

Thanx

Re: Warlock Hitcap

If we only consider yourself (i.e. no draenei in your group etc.) and you've specced 3 points in Supression your hit cap would be 368 hit rating. For every point you take out of Suppression (if you choose to do so), add 26 hit rating to still be capped. More info here, with a nice table: http://www.wowwiki.com/Spell_hit

Hope that helped! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Philby
    If we only consider yourself (i.e. no draenei in your group etc.) and you've specced 3 points in Supression your hit cap would be 368 hit rating. For every point you take out of Suppression (if you choose to do so), add 26 hit rating to still be capped. More info here, with a nice table: http://www.wowwiki.com/Spell_hit

Hope that helped! :-)
    Actually, only part of this is right. Hard hit cap for any warlock is 17% (446 hit at level 80). It is vitally important that you hit this before stacking any other state, INCLUDING spellpower, if you plan on raiding at all. The only time you should not go for the full 446 hit is if you are spec'd into Supression. This adds 1-3% hit, depending on how many points you put in. I raid both as affliction and destro, so I keep my hit at or above 446. Don't rely on having a boomkin or spriest in the raid to reach your hit cap - if, for some reason, they don't show up, your DPS is screwed, and possibly your raid.

Simple answer: 17% vs a Boss level mob.

Slightly more complicated answer: Your total +hit from talents, gear and buffs must equal 17%. This means that if you have a Moonkin or Shadowpriest in the raid with IFF or Misery (+3% hit), A draenei in the raid (+1% hit), and have specced into a talent that increases your hit by 3%, then you only need a total of 10% +hit from gear to be hitcapped vs a Boss level mob.

So the simple answer is: Total up all your sources of + hit in your current raid group. If they Total 17%, you are hitcapped. If they total MORE then 17% you are over Hit Cap. If they total LESS then 17%, you are under hit cap.

Ok as said, the hitcap is 17%.

A shadowpriest/moonkin provides 3%
    A draenei in your GROUP (not raid) provides 1%
    Suppression can provide 3%

I advise you aim for 11% hit (10% if you're alliance) and supression, or 14% (13% alliance) without the talent and 2 spellpower/crit trinkets. Try to get one of the +hit trinkets (list here, violet hold and triumph badges ones are the easiest to get), and equip a hit trinket when you don't have a spriest/boomkin, so you don't have to worry about complicated gear swapping or being over the hitcap and wasting dps stats.

Deleted

this helps. thanx, but i had 377hit when people told me i was overcaped ;>

i usualy have a spacecow in my group since i often arrange the raids i do

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftz
    Ok as said, the hitcap is 17%.

A shadowpriest/moonkin provides 3%
    A draenei in your GROUP (not raid) provides 1%
    Suppression can provide 3%

I advise you aim for 11% hit (10% if you're alliance) and supression, or 14% (13% alliance) without the talent and 2 spellpower/crit trinkets. Try to get one of the +hit trinkets (list here, violet hold and triumph badges ones are the easiest to get), and equip a hit trinket when you don't have a spriest/boomkin, so you don't have to worry about complicated gear swapping or being over the hitcap and wasting dps stats.
    Nice, since i also often go with my friend wich is mage, we demand atleast 1 sp and 1 boomkin (25man) for that, he has 17% hitcap without all that. i have 11% right now and i did dmg to the boss dummy for like 5 min with 0 miss so i think im good

10% - 263 Hit Rating
    11% - 289 Hit Rating
    13% - 342 Hit Rating
    14% - 368 Hit Rating
    17% - 446 Hit Rating

with or without talents the numbers above will help see if your hitcap'd Goal is 17% ..
    as stated above 3% from 3/3 suppression
    3% is SP or Boomkin in raid
    1% if Draeni in Group

I run with 287 in 25mans at present (2 under i know !)
    and for 10 mans if no SP/boomkin i swap out a trinket or ring and get 350 with my gear

---WTB Spectral Tiger 180k El Pollo 40k(chicken mount) ingame gold--- real offer ! /pm if intrested !!!

Its been said bf but well i really like writing so heres it again..
    17% is the hitcap against wotlk raidbosses, for heroics you need less. Most likely 13% is good enough if your alliance in a 25man. (SP/moonkin+ draenei) If u have supression talent you need 1 2 or 3% less hit obviously

/Pricken 8)

Deleted

atm im on 11.09% w/o suppresion so its 14%, just scored the bracers of the ashen saint