Thread: Druid dps help

Druid dps help

Hey fellow druids.. I just had a question I was wondering about my dps. I need some help with it. I am a armor pen druid and I will link my armory, but I just don't know why i can't get better dps. i can usually average 5k but for my gear I sorta expect more. Other classes can easily out dps me and just was wondering if it was my gear or my rotation. Here is my rotation:
    Prowl> Pounce > mangle > rake > SR > shred > TF > shred til 5cp > 5cp rip then maintain then all throughout the fight shred and saving combo points if anything needs refreshing soon or if everything is fine i FB which usually happens during berserk. Is there anything else I can do? I've been reading over the feral cat guide and have been following it as like a guide as close as possible. Any help is appreciated.
    Extra items I can use: Mirror of truth and Twisted Visage I can use both but not sure which would help me more with dps. Also I have the crusader orbs to make the leatherworking chest and wrists, would those be work making as an upgrade or no? One last question, I have the 2p t8.5 set, the head and chest of course, would that be an even better to keep the 2p then use my current chest or even the crafted one? Trinkets, I am thinking about buying greatness because I will never have a chance at death's choice. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am a feral druid all the way! thanks for help!

Armory:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rowmere&n=Kayt

Re: Druid dps help

Mangle > SR > Rake ext ext don't start stealthed, also dont FB during berserk.
    If you have the money go for crafting the chest/bracers because both are very good untill you start getting heroic gear.

the are better then the 2p t8.5? OoC, what about trinkets, and why shouldnt i FB during berserk when I have extra combo points? one last thing, im using rawr and keeps telling me to regem everything for agi as it gives more dps, is it wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Kayt
    the are better then the 2p t8.5? OoC, what about trinkets, and why shouldnt i FB during berserk when I have extra combo points? one last thing, im using rawr and keeps telling me to regem everything for agi as it gives more dps, is it wrong?
    I think the main reason to not FB during Berserk comes from the fact that FB IGNORES the "energy cost reduction" effect of berserk. FB always uses ALL your available energy, so using it during berserk is a waste when you could be getting 2 or 3 shreads in for the same amount of energy.

For the 2p8.5 Im not sure how much dps the extra ooc is equal to so I cant really help too much there, Trinkets DMC:G + Grim troll will last you a long time so I would invest in the card.
    While berserked your best off shredding (while making sure SR and Rips up) and TF FBing as soon as it ends, Since FB takes extra energy and converts it to damage you will do more damage using that energy for shreds.

When you hit the ArP softcap (56-58%?) agi becomes a better stat untill you start to get around 60% crit then haste is better.

thank you so much. I really appreciate your help. I will take everything you said into consideration.

I notice you start with Prowl > Pounce, that's time you could be spending already doing DPS, even if you don't use Feral Charge to get to the boss. I skip those and do about your DPS in significantly worse gear as an Agility Kitty with Grim Toll. Nothing in PvE really requires us to snealk up on it.

I think Rawr's DPS formula is based on the Crit and AP contribution of Agility rather than the effective AP from ArP. Also, as people have pointed out, you're quite close to the ArP soft cap for Grim Toll, so adding more gems for that is less useful to you than having more crits which take advantage of it. Also, more crits means more finishers, which means less problems with timers running out at the same time and more DPS.

On your Talent build, I'd look at taking points out of Feral Aggression in favour of things like Feral Charge, which is a DPS boost given how fast you can get back onto a boss after having to run away from an AoE. Survival Instincts and LotP are also useful tools, which while they don't maximise DPS can stop you from doing 0 DPS because you're dead or help other raiders from doing the same.

I'd suggest gemming straight agi, your crit chance would go through the roof and allow you to be reaching 5 combo points faster and getting off more finishing moves in a shorter period of time.

just my two cents

Do you have rawr set up to suggest arp? Remember you have to do that each new version.

Also, use FB during berserk but only when you have low energy (when you should always use FB, barring pvp) the "extra" damage from the added energy is the worst use of that energy...You'd do more damage using claw instead.

2pt9+high offset pieces with arp>2pt9+2pt8>4pt9>4pt8.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Ok so ive done some upgrading and finally hit soft cap for arm pen, should i resocket abit because I do eat arm pen food which would allow me to resocket 2 gems to agi or just keep the same? I am currently 1.5% under 50% crit cap.. sorta bothered by it but im hoping that by getting higher level gear, it will give me more hit or more arm pen to resocket agi

Also i am looking at future gear, and I am loosing a lot of expertise, how important is it for us cats?

i was just wondering why you guys tell him not to use FB while berserk is on
    usually i use my berserk while SR is active (for obvious reasons)
    build up 5 points, use rip
    build up 5 points and still have SR and Rip up
    FB actually is cheaper if you use it while berserking... it's basic cost is 35 energy (+it will use additional 30 energy if you have it) with berserk it's 18 energy + 30 energy
    at this moment i usually don't have that much energy (due to all spamming i just did) so i just use FB and waste all my energy which is about 20 energy at this point...

i play bear mostly so i don't know too much about cats... i was just wondering if you could explain to me why not to use fb... what do you do that? just keep spamming shreds even though you have 5 cps? refresh SR? i'd like to see some explanations please...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Fbl
    i was just wondering why you guys tell him not to use FB while berserk is on
    FB actually is cheaper if you use it while berserking... it's basic cost is 35 energy (+it will use additional 30 energy if you have it) with berserk it's 18 energy + 30 energy
    Basically, during a berserk, each point of energy should be giving you twice as much damage as it would normally (since things cost half as much). That's true about the original 35 energy, but it's *not* true about the 30 energy additional -- that still gets converted to damage at the old rate.

It's quite fine to keep spamming shreds even at 5cp, and it's even preferrable to FB, unless you have a string of ooc procs or are otherwise extremely high on energy. Any time you're sitting at 0 energy waiting to get enough to use a move during berserk, you're wasting berserk time.

Use berserk when you have 60-70 energy and a good duration left on SR; then just spam shred and refresh your dots. FB only at the end or if you have more energy than you can possibly use during the rest of the berserk duration.

@Kayt

Yes, gem Agility on your free slots and eat Armor Pen food or agility fish, if you don't want to change that second gem. Expertise up to 6.5% (26 on your character sheet) is important, that stops attacks being dodged, which can stop you getting those vital combo points.

There's a few items which do have loads of Expertise, the helm from Onyxia and the trinket from ToC 10 are enough to put you over the cap by themselves, the Tier 9 helm also has Expertise. There's only a few other spots that have it, but it is enough for kitties.

hey guys, i just got some neat upgrades, going with 2p t9 now im a little bit under arm pen cap but i was wondering if it matters? im only like 8 under the soft cap butg i do understand each point more is worth more then the points behind it. Also I am wondering what do you other kitties think of the 2p? extra 3 seconds on rake thanks guys! ill update armory link later 2nite

ok i recently became full time kitty so here's my thoughts
    first of all feral charge talent is just great, you should have it... every time boss knocks you back you can use it in air so you won't be wasting time (and time is dps)
    i don't start stealthed
    this is my "rotation"
    mangle, rake, SR (hitting sr after just 1 mangle is risky for me)
    now i wait till i get cca 60 energy and burn berserk!
    spam shred, put rip and refresh mangle / rake when needed
    usually i'm able to hit FB by the end of berserk (in my experience FB is good thing to use if you have TF ready to help you out after)

basically that's it... burning berserk on start of fight helps me out a lot
    after it use TF to fast refreshing SR (2-3 are enough) and reapply rip

ps. you said you have 5k dps? is that raid buffed or just motw?

Try to use FB's on clearcasts during berser no matter how much energy you have, this can give you sometimes up to three FB's during one berserk wich really is huge burst.
    MY NICK FAILS, but cba making new acc