Thread: Frost DW DPS

  1. #1

    Frost DW DPS

    I just got back into WoW and want to try that out, is it still good? and how much Hit, Exp, etc should i have?

    Derailed the Cereal Thread

  2. #2

    Re: Frost DW DPS

    hit cap is 5% with talents

    it is competative


    expertisre cape is 26

    http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t64830-d...venge_offhand/

  3. #3

    Re: Frost DW DPS

    I have a frost-dw question as well:

    You need 6 points in the talent tree to make it useable.
    Is it worth it?
    6 points in other dps talents can be quite a boost in dps.
    We've looked into the eye of c'thun...
    We've faced the thousand maws of yogg-saron...

    Soon will be encounter the mindconsuming nose of...wait what?

  4. #4

    Re: Frost DW DPS

    Quote Originally Posted by Astray
    I have a frost-dw question as well:

    You need 6 points in the talent tree to make it useable.
    Is it worth it?
    6 points in other dps talents can be quite a boost in dps.
    care to explain?


    or you can read the link i posted

  5. #5

    Re: Frost DW DPS

    @Astray
    It really depends on what you are currently raiding.

    Assuming BiS TotGC25 gear, Blood comes out on top with about 900 dps, with DW Frost as 2nd.

    However, is you assume TotC25 and ToGC10 gear, DW Frost comes out first, about 650 dps above Blood, which is 2nd.

  6. #6

    Re: Frost DW DPS

    @Propelled:
    Thank you =)
    We've looked into the eye of c'thun...
    We've faced the thousand maws of yogg-saron...

    Soon will be encounter the mindconsuming nose of...wait what?

  7. #7

    Re: Frost DW DPS

    when duel wielding do you want a slow MH and a fast OH or slow MH and slow OH?

  8. #8

    Re: Frost DW DPS

    slow slow as km procs are normalised so high wepon damage is better as special attacks in dw frost hit with both weapons.
    Fear is the little death

  9. #9

    Re: Frost DW DPS

    The gear in those screenshots is far from BIS, and blood wins out anytime over dw frost



    Quote Originally Posted by Propelled
    @Astray
    It really depends on what you are currently raiding.

    Assuming BiS TotGC25 gear, Blood comes out on top with about 900 dps, with DW Frost as 2nd.

    However, is you assume TotC25 and ToGC10 gear, DW Frost comes out first, about 650 dps above Blood, which is 2nd.

  10. #10

    Re: Frost DW DPS

    Quote Originally Posted by ceca
    The gear in those screenshots is far from BIS, and blood wins out anytime over dw frost


    I have not found this to be the case, unholy is actually the best overall spec due to the nature of the few "hard" fights in the game right now. The "best" spec is all determined by what fights you are currently working on, and unholy is the best for the fights most people are working on.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •