Binds when picked upOne-Hand Axe
    357 - 665 Damage Speed 2.60
    (196.5 damage per second)
    +58 Agility
    +58 Stamina
    Durability 105 / 105
    Requires Level 80
    Item Level 245
    Equip: Improves hit rating by 39 (1.19% @ L80).
    Equip: Improves haste rating by 39 (1.19% @ L80).
    Equip: Increases attack power by 78.

but i've already got
    Tempered Vis'kag the Bloodletter
    Binds when picked up
    Unique-EquippedOne-Hand Sword
    357 - 665 Damage Speed 2.60
    (196.5 damage per second)
    Durability 105 / 105
    Requires Level 80
    Item Level 245
    Chance on hit: Delivers a fatal wound for 2222 damage.

and

Malice
    Binds when picked upOne-Hand Sword
    313 - 582 Damage Speed 2.50
    (179.0 damage per second)
    +52 Agility
    +51 Stamina
    Durability 105 / 105
    Requires Level 80
    Item Level 232
    Equip: Improves critical strike rating by 37 (0.81% @ L80).
    Equip: Improves haste rating by 29 (0.88% @ L80).
    Equip: Increases attack power by 76.

which of the 2 shall i replace with stormpike cleaver?

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Frost DW - which weapon

Use the 2 245 weapons.

even though Tempered Vis'kag the Bloodletter has no stats?

The stats won't outweigh the pure weapon DPS.

aah ok ^^ ty...

does it... btw matter which of the 2 i have in my MH?

Quote Originally Posted by Czin
    does it... btw matter which of the 2 i have in my MH?
    In this case, either, but if you do get another weapon, the one with the highest average weapon damage goes in the MH.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by fabian
    In this case, either, but if you do get another weapon, the one with the highest average weapon damage goes in the MH.
    Proc rates are halved for offhand chance on hit effects, I believe, so you'd want to use Vis'kag in the mainhand.

Quote Originally Posted by Praxis
    Proc rates are halved for offhand chance on hit effects, I believe, so you'd want to use Vis'kag in the mainhand.
    Huh, really? Got a citation for that? Just curious, never heard it before.
    I know for many classes, instant strikes do not use the offhand, so MH has more proc-able attacks, but in terms of actual proc rate...

I don't have any proof but I would say "bullshit" to this.

Anyway,
    the onyxia weaps (axe and sword) are higher dps but their proc rates are horrible. I tested the axe in a FULL voa run (all 3 bosses) and I had a whopping total of 7 procs... The dps is higher, the strike damage will be higher, but I think the stats on malice will win in the end. Again no proof or so, just a feeling.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by rabbimojo
    Huh, really? Got a citation for that? Just curious, never heard it before.
    I know for many classes, instant strikes do not use the offhand, so MH has more proc-able attacks, but in terms of actual proc rate...
    I think I'm actually wrong, it's on WoWWiki but I have never trusted information from them. I just didn't think to actually look for a source on it before posting it. General idiocy. ~_~

proc rates are internal, same as CD's for them, so being in the MH or OH wouldnt mean anything.

it could very well be that you ment hit chance, but thats still off by 20%. besides, these weps proc off strikes as well as white hits making the actual proc rate not matter as strikes are instent and with two 2.60 speed weps, the attacks will be at the same time.

Wowwiki wasnt wrong, they never said that it was true:
    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.wowwiki.com/Proc
    Certain epic weapons have a very high chance of proc'ing (30+%), but most players report that wielding one-handed weapons in your off-hand reduces the proc-rate by 50%.

Made by Cazy!
    Massively Oversized Avatar removed - Cilraaz

for which one is in the MH, putting your slower, or higher dps weapon would be better, since you ARE DW frost, and im assuming your not an idiot and have threat of thassarian at full, so your strikes hit with both weapons.

I really hate that one hander from ONY. It's really hard to say which one would be more dps for you because it will vary on several things. What I would do is hit the dummy (I know its not a good way to test) but it will get u a start, hit the dummy with both, then try a heroic with each one and finally a raid....and hopefully in the raid another weapon will drop and you can bag that horrible weapon =p ...good luck either way =)

i have mediocre geared dk alt with frost dw. is it ok to use a fast off hand (i.e westfall saber) with razorice, over the 226 level tankard which is 2.6 speed?

no u always want slow/slow for dk dw dps and for tanking its fast/fast

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessoftheWolf
    for which one is in the MH, putting your slower, or higher dps weapon would be better, since you ARE DW frost, and im assuming your not an idiot and have threat of thassarian at full, so your strikes hit with both weapons.
    thanks for assuming that :> and yes i have it at full (which you would have to lack a brain not to fill it out for frost DW)
    http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...Kilrogg&n=Czin <-- proof (and yea i know my gear sux, i'm overcapped on hit, my arena team sux(might be because i'm the only one in it and i can't figure how to disband the team) i know all that and more already

Quote Originally Posted by Decrepit05
    I really hate that one hander from ONY. It's really hard to say which one would be more dps for you because it will vary on several things. What I would do is hit the dummy (I know its not a good way to test) but it will get u a start, hit the dummy with both, then try a heroic with each one and finally a raid....and hopefully in the raid another weapon will drop and you can bag that horrible weapon =p ...good luck either way =)
    i know... but there is the problem aswell... they won't drop and all the higher DPS weapons are from ToTC25 and they only drop from anub... now my guild hasn't been very succesfull at anub yet (downing him 3 times now i think) but i'm known to have bad luck at drops :S

Quote Originally Posted by lordkasner
    no u always want slow/slow for dk dw dps and for tanking its fast/fast
    i thought slow/slow was only for Frost DW... for unholy it's slow/highest DPS
    and wasn't tanking slow/slow aswell (being the reason for the 1H SSG typ rune)

Yea I understand that, thats why I suggested and little trial and error with both weapons, to see what actually works for YOU in those situation~ I'm curious to know how the wep from ONY performs. And honestly there is a lot of debate about hit cap I wouldn't say you are over it as DW. I roll with 365 but its only cuz of the gear I have atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Decrepit05
    Yea I understand that, thats why I suggested and little trial and error with both weapons, to see what actually works for YOU in those situation~ I'm curious to know how the wep from ONY performs. And honestly there is a lot of debate about hit cap I wouldn't say you are over it as DW. I roll with 365 but its only cuz of the gear I have atm.
    well i'll have a look when i get back online again...

and the hitcap for special melee attacks is 5% for DW... for your spells though it's more (14% with virulance) i try to stick around the 8% melee cap just so i won't get a miss on my icy touch or something (as that would be paifull... not just to see)