Newbie Mage, Need Help!

Ok, I am a level 65 mage so far, planning on getting to 80 in the next few days so I had a few questions.

What is the best PvE/Raiding Spec for mages? What glyphs should I use and what is the Spell Rotation?

What is the best PvP Spec for Mages? What Glyphs should I use and what is the spell rotation?

Thank you.
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance - The 6 P's

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Newbie Mage, Need Help!

Do a little searching. This stuff is easy to find.

I'll give you the short answer: Anything except Frost is acceptable for raiding. What works best for you will depend on your gear and skills. At the high end it's Arcane > Fire > Frostfire.

For PvP, the main spec is still Frost. There is no such thing as a rotation in PvP and you should probably be ashamed of asking that question.

10+ Year Old Account

Go frost in PvE. Really awesome specc. Go frostbolt+icelance spam all through!

That is the advice I will give you. If you want a serious advice, then do some f***ing research before.
    Vol'jin fanboy

go to the mage forums, read the stickies that are titled something along the line on "specs, glyphs, and spell rotations" they just MIGHT have something for you. maybe. not 100% sure on this one though.

arcane...

rotation is "arcane blast x4"
    If "missile barrage" is procced
    then " Arcane Missile "
    if "missile barrage" is not
    then "Arcane Barrage"
    Rinse and repeat

Quote Originally Posted by DirewolfX
    Do a little searching. This stuff is easy to find.

I'll give you the short answer: Anything except Frost is acceptable for raiding. What works best for you will depend on your gear and skills. At the high end it's Arcane > Fire > Frostfire.

For PvP, the main spec is still Frost. There is no such thing as a rotation in PvP and you should probably be ashamed of asking that question.
    I can argue that for PvP, you can do Arcane. It has much bigger burst which is always good. it's survivability over frost is horrible, but still....
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.