Thread: Enhance PvP

Enhance PvP

Hey guys, relatively new to playing a Shaman at 80, and I've never really arena'd much before, but I'm interested in doing so on my Shaman.

What are the good comps for Shaman?

How do we coordinate CC? Hex only when its instant?

Which shock for which class? (Between frost shock and earth shock).

Thanks in advance!

Re: Enhance PvP

Beastcleave is good I guess, hunter/enhance/healer. Probably a hotspamming druid.

Well for me my 3's team is enh shaman/ret pally/dis priest and we just got to 1800. As far as shocking goes, I personally only use frost shock to help with kiting. Something u wanna get used to doing is droppin earthbind totem around the opposing teams melee and freezing healers when there at the right distance with frost shock to keep either one getting healed or doin the healing. Also I constantly stay on heals to silence then every 5 secs and to hex them ONLY when its an instant cast. Our team works out nice because we usually have me on heals and the ret pally on a dps. When the dps gets to about half I drop earthbind and freeze the heals and then the ret pally repents the healer. When the healer trinks outta it I use hex and pop BL/Hero. After that its GG. Also there is 2 specs u can use depending on ur gear. If ur just in deadly or are just starting ur grind I would use...

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...N,O6yqOH,10676

However if ur beyound that , furious or relentless, then use this spec...

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...v,O6yqOH,10676

Hope this helps

yes it does ty.

Are we obsolete in 2's? I'd like to get started there, as its easier to coordinate, then eventually move up to 3's and 5's.

Nerf, do you use any addons to determine the range at which you shock? Also, when do you drop Stoneclaw totem? And if as you advice you also are dropping earthbind, how do you coordinate between the 2?

ok ill try to explane the totem droping things. for me that was the hardest part of learning to play enhance, swaping totems in combination can get realy anoying when you are trying to keep your deffensive ( stoneclaw / grounding ) and offensive ( earth bind ) totems down when you need them.

for me its prity simple, i normaly start off with a stoneclaw to up my starting hp ( basicly if you have 26k hp droping stone claw rases your hp to 30,400 ) at least thats th way i look at it, a temporary fortitude buff lol. now depending on what class im fighting ( caster ) ill wind shock ( yah i know its the wrong name but im tired as hell ) the first spell ( only one that needs to be removed - a shatter combo from a mage is a good example ( and yes grounding can and will take 2 spell hits if they are cast at the same time - a mages frost bolt / ice lance combo is a good example of how that works ) ) then i ground the second and wind shock the 3rd.

now this realy depends on the classes your fighting, you dont block a low hiting spell and let the hard one go off. one of the biggest problems i have seen is interupt happy shamans who will wind shock any spell being cast. that is a prity quick way of lossing a fight, only shock / grounding the spells that need it, dont grounding a druids wrath and eat the starfire. some times this cant be helped depending on the skill of the player you are fighting ( fake casts or casts being used for the purpose of pulling a wind shock so they can get the big spell off ) this is were your personal skill at totems comes into play.

if you know what you are doing in this case ( balance druid ) you can do the folowing - wind shock the wrath - wait for the starfire to hit 2 seconds and lay down grounding ( to stop the cancel moonfire trick to kill it ), frost shock - close in on him - about this time he will normaly try to cyclone you, wind shock the cyclone and wait for him to start casting agen. depending on the cast use grounding or eat the damage. just continue on this concept

eat the spells you know you can eat, and stop the spells you know are game braking for you ( ccs / hard hiters / burst combos / stuns ( ret pallys = rofl ) )

-------------------

in terms of stoneclaw / earth bind it realy comes down to cooldowns. stoneclaw ( if glyphed ) will put a shield on you obsorbing 4,320 damage with a 12 second duration. this 12 seconds stayes on you nomater what, this means you can change to any other earth totem and keep the shield. if you need to you can simply lay stoneclaw and earth bind right after ( i do this quite often ). earth bind can be used 2 ways, you can (A) - lay it down for a slow to help stick to your targets, this normaly isnt a problem since you have frost shock and FB weapon procing all the time. or (B) - lay it down to remove a slow so you can stop a kite, i use it for this normaly since it goes off about 1 second after you lay it down, i find it to be a realy nice effect agenst frost mages and other kiters ( can win duals / 1v1 fights if used and timed properly )

-----------------

as for 2v2 shamans are viable with the right classes and with the proper gear, 800-1k resil is required nomater what size arena you do, its just a thing with playing a shaman. you are more viable in 3v3 / 5v5, simply because of how a shaman scales with the number of people they are around. the more people in the arena team the more the shaman effects that team. shamans are not a 1 person i win button, an enhance shaman is 1 thing imo and 1 thing only, group support. they throw a group insane damage buffs ( hero / blood lust / totem / purges / spot heals etc ) enhance are insane in bgs and alot of fun to play for that reason, the more people the stronger enhance shamans effect the team. i have actualy ben in situations ( IOC ) were we zerged the docks and it was 30v30. we were losing but i poped bloodlust and we ended up wining, does that mean that my buff made us win? no it dosnt. but did it help? no doubt it did.

------------------

addons

barttender 4 - this is a grate all round addon. gives ranges by making your spells red if they are out of range.

omnicc - this puts timers on your spells to let you know exact cooldowns

poweraura - this lets you put simbles / spell icons on your screen anywere you want to give visual quse on spells that are ready ( i have it set up to put icons in 2 rows on either side of my toon to show when my main spells are off cooldown.

totem timers - a nice all around timer addon for your totems ( hence the name - totem timer -.

----------------------

i hope this helped and answered a few questions. if you have anymore just ask ;D

Many thanks. What are we viable with in 2's, and what are the recommended strats?

in 2's go with any kind of burst dps... currently im with a destro lock... were only @ 1250-1300 but it kinda works when the locks cc are on time... tho we versed a enh war and we both got killed within 1min... so its up to u what u go in with... but ima say either ret or warrior would be the best

im playing 2´s with an arms, we´re between 1700 and 1800 rating atm. 1750 was max up till know, hope i get weapons this weak ^^

playing with arms the greatest problem you will run in is cc heavy opponents

you will notice that tremor often does not tick fast enough so you end up out of totem range without it removing the fear

you will notice that in the elevator arena totems and wolves often bug if used in the elevator. dont use them before leaving it. this leaves shaman in a disadvantage in a arena were we should be ad a advantage

2´s playing heavily changes with the guys you play with

playing with disc will end up in long fights often, as you lack the awesome burst the other classes have. you also have now ways to make healing more comfortable for your healer ( no mortal strike, stun silence, burst damage or good survival/high hp )

playing with a rogue requires the rogue to be a master of his class. he shall never ever be taken out of stealth. when he opens, you have to be there immediately, because rogues are very squishy against the 2nd man they dont lock down. perfect sinchronisation is required in the attacking strike. rogue´s cc and your hex has to match good, to have a sap/blind/chain

playing with arms, especially rogue/frosty teams are a pain. infinite frost will rob your arms pal of his nerves while your are stun locked down. you have to gamble on entering combat through attacking the mage before the rogue can sap. after that, as soon as the rogues opens, trinket, wolves counter stun, totems, bloodlust. warrior nukes the rogue good through overpower and bleed prevents restealth. should you be able to kill the rogue quick enough, hide behind somthing and heal you and your partner up. mages are almost untouchable and a frost mage can easily kill two melees with half their hp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

i just dinged with frost mage 2k in 2's.

i go for surv, he cares of CC

main idea is to open fast. for 2 dps when u wait with fast nuke its almost sure lose.

open asap with hard nuke, force em to use their surv ability (bubble, pain surp etc) then wait till 2nd chain cc from ur mage, cc one - kill his partner.

and here you go

Windsower
    Sporeggar EU