Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Thanks for the help, Shadowkras and Defuzed

hey fellas,
    with the recent changes to us, i've been in the process of re-writing some macros.
    currently i have one for spell reflect and shield wall, and then a 3rd one simply to swap back to my 2hander.
    is there a way to fore go the separate 2hander equip macro, and have it somehow incorporated into the /equip shield set /cast spell refect macro instead?
    trying to free up an extra hotkey this way

/equipset [noequipped:Shields] Shieldset*
    /cast [equipped:Shields] Spell Reflection
    /equipset [equipped: Shields] 2handset*

* replace with the name of your sword and board set and your 2hander set as you have them named in your equipment manager
    Last edited by CrowShammy; 2012-09-01 at 12:59 AM.
    you guys failing doesn't mean the class fails.

It means that -you- fail. Some people clearly make it work, but you guys keep going "NO! NO! LIES! ALL LIES!! That's the ONLY possible explanation for why you do well while I don't!!".
    You don't seem to even consider for one second that the problem just might lie with you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Incase anyone didn't realise you don't need start attack macros anymore, Blizzard made it so that when you use an attack and don't have the sufficient resources you will toggle your auto attack swings regardless
    Last edited by Zhaine; 2012-09-02 at 08:49 PM.

Hey, could anyone help me make a 1 button Charge and Intervene/Safeguard macro?

Basically Charge on enemies and Intervene on friendly targets.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Hey, could anyone help me make a 1 button Charge and Intervene/Safeguard macro?

Basically Charge on enemies and Intervene on friendly targets.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mouseover, harm, nodead, exists] Charge; [mouseover, help, nodead, exists] Intervene; Charge
    for mouseovers
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [harm, nodead, exists] Charge; [help, nodead, exists] Intervene; Charge
    for normal targeting (this one sucks though, imo, as you have to switch targets)

I guess they could be shorter (they're short enough though), but I'm no star at macros.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

They're fine, thanks a lot .

Deleted
    I'm not good with macros so I'd like some help if it's not too much trouble.

I quickly wrote for macro 1:
    /cast Deadly Calm
    /cast Heroic strike

and macro 2:

/cast Slam
    /cast Berserker Rage

I've noticed many 'show tooltip' and 'start attack' phrases in most macros. What are those for? And could anyone improve those 2 macros? Thanks.

Deleted
    #showtooltip lets you mouse over it and get the tooltip text you would normaly get from mousing over a spell, with a macro it usually just shows its name
    #startattack is just there in case its on a pull, and you don't (for whatever reason) have rage to get a special off, it still makes you auto attack it

Deleted
    Thanks eddytheone.

Why aren't these two working?

#showtooltip
    /equipslot 16 Ruthless Gladiator's Bonecracker
    /equipslot 17 Ruthless Gladiator's Shield Wall
    /cast Spell Reflection

To me it looks like it should equip my shield and off-hander and at the same time cast spell reflection, but it doesn't. It equips my shield and off-hander and then displays 'Must have a shield equipped' but according to the macro I do, + spell reflection is at the bottom. It requires me to click the macro twice to then cast spell reflection. Is it possible to have it to all of that in one click?

Also this one requires 2 clicks as well.

#showtooltip Die by the Sword
    /cancelaura Recklessness
    /equip Ruthless Gladiator's Bonecracker
    /equip Ruthless Gladiator's Shield Wall
    /cast defensive stance
    /cast Die by the Sword
    /cast Rallying Cry
    /cast Shield Wall

It does all but cast shield wall and again I see the 'Must have shield equipped' error.
    Last edited by mmoccc3932e217; 2012-09-13 at 03:02 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    Thanks eddytheone.

Why aren't these two working?

#showtooltip
    /equipslot 16 Ruthless Gladiator's Bonecracker
    /equipslot 17 Ruthless Gladiator's Shield Wall
    /cast Spell Reflection

To me it looks like it should equip my shield and off-hander and at the same time cast spell reflection, but it doesn't. It equips my shield and off-hander and then displays 'Must have a shield equipped' but according to the macro I do, + spell reflection is at the bottom. It requires me to click the macro twice to then cast spell reflection. Is it possible to have it to all of that in one click?

Also this one requires 2 clicks as well.

#showtooltip Die by the Sword
    /cancelaura Recklessness
    /equip Ruthless Gladiator's Bonecracker
    /equip Ruthless Gladiator's Shield Wall
    /cast defensive stance
    /cast Die by the Sword
    /cast Rallying Cry
    /cast Shield Wall

It does all but cast shield wall and again I see the 'Must have shield equipped' error.
    As far as I know, there is no way to equip a shield and cast an ability that requires one in the same macro. I think it checks your "condition" so to speak at the start of the macro, and that is what is used to determine if any abilities inside it can be cast (so in your case your condition at the start is that you don't have a shield equipped).

Deleted
    I'm afraid you will have to just press it twice, as delays in macro's followed by /cast is a blocked function so my best advice would be to keep the macro as it is and just spam click it and have a weak/power auras trigger showing when shield wall is up, just to make it easier to see

Deleted
    Hm, I guess that make sense in regards to the spell reflect macro.But then, why doesn't the second shield wall macro work? Shield wall is just another spell, but it doesn't activate at the same time as die by the sword and rallying cry.

Deleted
    Well they will all be on the global so you will have to spam it for all of them to activate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    Well they will all be on the global so you will have to spam it for all of them to activate
    But neither Rallying cry, die by the sword or shield wall activate any globals...

Deleted
    Ill do some testing and see if I can fix it, you might be better off with a castsequence macro instead that goes like

/castsequence Defensive Stance, Die by the Sword, Shield wall, Rallying Cry

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    Hm, I guess that make sense in regards to the spell reflect macro.But then, why doesn't the second shield wall macro work? Shield wall is just another spell, but it doesn't activate at the same time as die by the sword and rallying cry.
    For the same reason that the first one doesn't work. Shield wall requires a shield to be equipped, and you are equipping the shield inside the macro. Unless you mean that you click it with a shield already equipped and it still doesnt work, in which case I'm not sure what the issue is.

Deleted
    I just found out that you can add modifiers to the showtooltip line.

Thus this macro works:
    Code:
    #showtooltip [mod] Cleave; Heroic Strike
    /cleartarget [dead][help]
    /startattack
    /cast Berserker Rage
    /cast Deadly Calm
    /cast [mod] Cleave; Heroic Strike

For ultimate burst, this is the new oneshot macro in MOP 5.0.x

#showtooltip Recklessness
    /cast !Deadly Calm
    /cast !Avatar
    /cast !Recklessness
    /cast !Berserker Rage
    /cast !Skull Banner
    /use 14 (trinket slot)
    /cast !Dragon Roar

enjoy sweet numbers on ur screen

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Replace Recklessness with Skull Banner and it might be useful. Reck doesn't buff DR, it being a guaranteed crit.
    What? Why? When? Who? Which? How? Wait...
    Havoc Demon Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Monolith of Mazes View Post
    Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnn! The thick plottens.

im curious now with MoP what macros warrior use for Pve like do u guys macro recklessness+skull banner+ avatar together or deadly calm+heroic strike