Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Drowning in Disappointment - QQ Post

A month in wrath a ret pally in my guild made a "/cast random crusader strike, exorcism, consecrate, divine storm, judgment of light" macro and bound it to his mouse wheel. he then rolled his mouse wheel up and down continuously durring boss fights and placed consistently in the top 5 dps.

Sure, other classes could theoretically do this, but we'd clip our dots, fail to stack our debuffs and ignore our spell specific or magic school specific procs which would seriously harm our dps. The problem is that all retadin attacks are a physical/holy combination based on weapon damage and they have no debuffs to stack. So they don't have a cast order priority and even if they did, procs couldn't alter it.

At least when judgments were refreshed rather than flat duration and CS could refresh other pally's judgments there was one thing to pay attention to. Now they have nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by agir215
    A month in wrath a ret pally in my guild made a "/cast random crusader strike, exorcism, consecrate, divine storm, judgment of light" macro and bound it to his mouse wheel. he then rolled his mouse wheel up and down continuously durring boss fights and placed consistently in the top 5 dps.

Sure, other classes could theoretically do this, but we'd clip our dots, fail to stack our debuffs and ignore our spell specific or magic school specific procs which would seriously harm our dps. The problem is that all retadin attacks are a physical/holy combination based on weapon damage and they have no debuffs to stack. So they don't have a cast order priority and even if they did, procs couldn't alter it.

At least when judgments were refreshed rather than flat duration and CS could refresh other pally's judgments there was one thing to pay attention to. Now they have nothing.
    Now that's just ridiculous...

Quote Originally Posted by DaLeetPawner
    Explain to me why I can play both ret pala and do a perfect Affl lock rotation?
    you're not retarded but you like to watch tv while you raid so you have a ret paladin

i have a paladin too and it's a break when i'm on it, less to monitor, higher dps, everything is just easier

Nothing wrong with facerolling as long as i get teh high dpszors!11
    no but seriously i would like to auctually have to think things through instead of when you the the ability come back to normal colour PRESS IT QUICK!
    i lol'd hard at 'i will suicide bomb blizz hq :<'
    Quote Originally Posted by Tural
    This fellow was very respectful in his informing me that he would ravage me on his character upwards of 11 levels higher than myself, and that I should go fornicate myself with an iron stick. Before I could thank this man for his kind words, he had already moved along to brighten anothers day as he did mine.

That pally no longer raids with my guild, his attitude towards paying attention and providing any sort of raid utility didn't mesh with the rest of our views. Yes, we did suck a bit at the time, but that still doesn't excuse the effectiveness of a /cast random macro

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow_Sorrow
    wws or a screenshot or a log where you top dps meters (top5)
    when you raid with a good guild, not yours one, full of scrubs geared from ToChampion Heroic and normal
    like you could fucking read a wws anyway lol

"yours one" lol

wtf is that shit

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow_Sorrow
    /resisted
    Full of Win!

Made by myself while I'm bored..

Quote Originally Posted by Bainz
    Here comes an Elemental Shaman rotation!:

Flame Shock>Lava Burst>Lightning Bolt
    Lightning Bolt
    Lightning Bolt
    Lightning Bolt
    Lightning Bolt
    Lightning Bolt
    Lava Burst
    Lightning Bolt
    Lightning Bolt
    Lightning Bolt
    Lightning Bolt
    Lightning Bolt
    Lightning Bolt
    Lava Burst

Remember to reapply Flame Shock.
    (Didn't bother putting in Chain Lightning even though it was recently buffed. Clearcasting procs ftw)
    Fail, at least it requires timing and consideration.

I prefer Retribution paladins now than what it used to be in Burning Crusade, that's for sure.

First it was "lolret" and when Echoes of Doom patch comes out they are "OP" when they nerf the damage, they are "easy" now.

They needed an overall improvement, and on top of that, not rely on some sort of trick to give you a little more damage (Seal Twisting) boost.

When Cataclysm hits, im sure they will fix the "simplicity" of it, until then, few winners, a whole lot of losers.

Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by Caradinist
    When Cataclysm hits, im sure they will fix the "simplicity" of it, until then, few winners, a whole lot of losers.
    Amen brother, Amen!

15+ Year Old Account

All I will say is this:

You can't faceroll with my changes

Quote Originally Posted by Ascendant
    Fail, at least it requires timing and consideration.
    Compared to a Shadowpriest or Warlock?
    Not really...no.

you should qq about damage dealing warriors too, then.

i had on my fury warrior

1 blood thirst (or something like that)
    2 whirlwind
    3 heroic strike
    4 slam
    5 execute

you know what i did? i spammed heroic while using bt and ww every cool, and when i could spare the proc i would use slam.

with arm warrior
    1 mortal strike
    2 rend
    3 overpower
    4 execute
    5 heroic
    6 slam

again, i'd spam heroic when i have rage, and slam when i don't have enough rage.
    either way i'd use everything (well, rend is a dot effect so every 15 sec maybe?)

what i have on my paladin is
    1 judgement
    2 cs
    3 cons
    4 d storm
    5 exor
    ` HoW (could use 6, but ` is closer)

see what i mean?
    skills that are used every cool, and there'd be skills that are timed or used only when procced. if you're going to QQ about ret paladin, then i suggest you look into other classes as well. i don't know about other classes but i heard that you barely press 5 or more main skills buttons for nearly all damage dealers.

i could have used macro on them, but i didn't bother. i did use 1 button macro for fury and it was boring

anyways, what makes paladin great is their utilities.
    i could use repent to stop an add from attacking healers, or HoJ to stun for 6 seconds (and stop casting maybe).
    and then there's invincibility (not sure what the skill's called in English) + divine sacrifice that reduces the entire raid groups dmg taken by 30%.
    you can also use sacred shield on the tank when all your skills are on cool, and it only needs to be casted every 30 sec or so.

imo any ret paladin not using utilities to help the raid group should gtfo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    All I will say is this:

You can't faceroll with my changes
    I know buddy, I know. Hope it's also included "Anal-Fisting" thing as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Luthius
    Couldn't say anything but.. "Holy shit.. our class isn't freakin Facerolling.. but it's literally Anal-Fisting."
    This is an incredibly awesome line. I'm about to go to bed, and I will do so with a smile.

Eh...iunno... you're talking about balancing simplicity versus repetition. You're tired/frustrated with the repetition in pve content playing a paladin because you know your abilities and have used them a trillion times but if you make things more complicated it can just make doing other things more tedious/frustrating. finding a good balance is hard to do...there's been some good ideas thrown out there but honestly if in order to dps i have to wait for x proc while pressing y key with z amount of energy/mana while mob is doing x and i have debuffs a-b-c up on target with x combo (zeal?) points and on and on.... I'd have absolutely no desire to play such a class if you can see where I'm going with that.

Simplicity is sweet, just make the spell effects sparkle more or something. Or play another class, honestly, if you simply dislike where ret has gone. Yes, I know...all the achievements you have/time invested in character, etc etc. If it helps, look at it like this... in the end, you're still just renting a character from blizzard entertainment.

Oh and all of the above is not a "stop qq'ing" sort of thing, just a different opinion, since that's what this post is all about, really.. you do have completely valid points about ret that i agree with to some extent or another.
    Hi, I'm Lerty.

How bout that Shiny Arcane mage macro:

/cast Icy Veins
    /cast Arcane Power
    /cast Presence of Mind
    /use Mana Gem
    /use 13
    /use 14
    /Castsequence Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, Arcane Missiles

You'll be just about as good as that facerolling ret paladin, the dps will be at some 90% of what you can do, but will easily get you into the top 5 in a shitty raid, because it requires no attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    You'll be just about as good as that facerolling ret paladin, the dps will be at some 90% of what you can do, but will easily get you into the top 5 in a shitty raid, because it requires no attention.
    The least of it, most of us -unlike that guy I've seen- pay attention to the damn cooldowns. But he wasn't even giving them a chance to be on cooldown.. I don't know how the PC could handle all that hitting so hard on keyboard.. sigh~

I've seen how arcane ones are playing.. I guess it's one of the cheapest specs in the game.. :<

Quote Originally Posted by Banzubie
    I once used the DSac + bubble trick on faction champs once.

The warrior and priest saw to it that I died in half a second from the incoming damage. :'(
    Bubble, then sac. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Gunjniir
    Eh...iunno... you're talking about balancing simplicity versus repetition. You're tired/frustrated with the repetition in pve content playing a paladin because you know your abilities and have used them a trillion times but if you make things more complicated it can just make doing other things more tedious/frustrating. finding a good balance is hard to do...there's been some good ideas thrown out there but honestly if in order to dps i have to wait for x proc while pressing y key with z amount of energy/mana while mob is doing x and i have debuffs a-b-c up on target with x combo (zeal?) points and on and on.... I'd have absolutely no desire to play such a class if you can see where I'm going with that.

Simplicity is sweet, just make the spell effects sparkle more or something. Or play another class, honestly, if you simply dislike where ret has gone. Yes, I know...all the achievements you have/time invested in character, etc etc. If it helps, look at it like this... in the end, you're still just renting a character from blizzard entertainment.

Oh and all of the above is not a "stop qq'ing" sort of thing, just a different opinion, since that's what this post is all about, really.. you do have completely valid points about ret that i agree with to some extent or another.
    I understand what you're saying. But I don't want Reputation, I want to get my beloved Character/Class to somewhere special, seeing that guy seriously hurt my feelings and left my heart bleeding from how broken it was! :< I don't want him to be Retribution, he after all will be representing us, wether he's a minority or majority.. Life is harsh.