Page 1 of 2
LastLast

4xt9 set vs 2xt9+2xt8

my question concerns the retribution set.

with 4xt9(ilvl232) would this beat 2xt9(.5) and 2xt8.5?

i was wondering about this because some dude was telling me he cannot upgrade his gear because the 2xt8,5 bonus is better than filling his set up with ilvl232 parts? is he telling me the truth cause i have no clue about ret pala damage and have no access to any kind of dps spreadsheet since i am playing hunter but have to deal with this as an officer at moment.

input appreciated. thx

Re: 4xt9 set vs 2xt9+2xt8

Maybe.

Hallowed are the Ori !

Use a spreadsheet to determine the values of 2 2sets or one 4 set.

Id just trust him.
    Because some players aren't looking for anything logical, like loot. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some players just want to watch the group fail.

or u could download rawr plug in his char to it from armoury an see takes 2 or 3 mins to do this... just set it up with both gear sets as options an optimize it using raid buffs u usually have present.
    Fear is the little death

He wouldn't want to wear more than 2p t9 anyhow since the 4p bonus is quite bad. The 2p t8 bonus isn't too hot either though, so the only reason he'd prefer those pieces over 232 pieces are because he has t8.5 and the gloves + chest which are arguably the best ones. If he doesn't have access to 245 pieces (heroic 10 or normal 25), he might be sitting on the best item combination with legs + shoulders t9 and chest + gloves of t8.5.
    What I'm trying to say is that it isn't too far-fetched that he's right, but if you want to make sure that he's itemized perfectly, you should consult either Rawr or some spreadsheet as suggested.

I'm not sure tbh without theory crafting it or using Rawr as a guide but I think T9.5 2pc bonus and T8.5 2pc might marginally be better than 4pc T9 ilvl232. You should save your emblems for ilvl245 gear and get a trophy then the advantage becomes more clear towards T9. I kept the 2pc T8.5 for a while till I got enough high level gear to overcome the advantage of the bonus.

I think he's somewhat true on what he says but it depends on the gear situation.
    [/url]

BiS non-heroic (ilvl245) by the way is the head, chest, gloves and shoulders if that helps.
    [/url]

It really depends on which parts you want to swap out:
    226 and 232 are really close
    t8 2p and t9 4p are also close

Now it all comes down if you need more Hit or Expertise or neither of them, but generally it's a waste to go for 4p t9,232.

4xt9 set vs 2xt9+2xt8 mm hard question why don't we change it to this then?

4xt9 vs 2xt9+2xt8+relentless gloves that should do the trick if he want to get a upgrade. ;D

sure the tier bonus is nice at t8 but it lacks stats wich is the whole base of your friends dmg so lets get your friend some 245 parts then.

232 Tier gear is for bads and ignorants. Save up 10 more badges or whatever and get a trophy for the 245.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    232 Tier gear is for bads and ignorants. Save up 10 more badges or whatever and get a trophy for the 245.
    Wish I had done that, bought 2 parts 232 gear and regret it alot. Saving all my emblems for 245 gear and already have 3 thropys.

15+ Year Old Account

the tier 8 2 piece isnt worth that much :

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora

I'll give you a chicken wing for it.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson

I'll give you a chicken wing for it.
    bah no.. chicken wing are full of fat and no meat :-\

p.s. god damn sig is down again? :-[

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    Neither is the 4pc T9 bonus

The 2pc T8 bonus is very weak. Exorcism and Hammer of Wrath account for a very very small percentage of our DPS. I just took the time to plug in the full BiS slot but only using ilvl 232 T9 gear. Swapping out any 2 pieces of T9(232) for the 2pc T8 results in a DPS loss more than 100 DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Neither is the 4pc T9 bonus
    The difference between 2pc T8 and 4pc T9 is Righteous Vengeance. 4pc T9 contributes to this DoT. 2pc T8 does not.

The set bonus argument was whether or not to break 4pc T8 for 2pc T9. Prior to T9 2pc working properly, you should not have equipped it. Now, its the cat's meow. T8 2pc was weak then and is even weaker now considering the stats on the gear and the synergy contributions of 4pc T9.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    The 2pc T8 bonus is very weak. Exorcism and Hammer of Wrath account for a very very small percentage of our DPS. I just took the time to plug in the full BiS slot but only using ilvl 232 T9 gear. Swapping out any 2 pieces of T9(232) for the 2pc T8 results in a DPS loss more than 100 DPS.

The difference between 2pc T8 and 4pc T9 is Righteous Vengeance. 4pc T9 contributes to this DoT. 2pc T8 does not.

The set bonus argument was whether or not to break 4pc T8 for 2pc T9. Prior to T9 2pc working properly, you should not have equipped it. Now, its the cat's meow. T8 2pc was weak then and is even weaker now considering the stats on the gear and the synergy contributions of 4pc T9.
    Its true- Im just saying that adding an extra <0.1% DPS is not worth a lot either (as to skip BiS pieces to obtain the 4ppc T9 bonus)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice

thats what i wanted to say but big sentence in the morning, you know how that ended up last time? xD

pure stat > filler bonus damage / 20% and less attack, isnt really worth much

Trust him or give us a link. Its within reason that 2pc t8 and 2pc t9 are better than 4pc t9 simple for the fact of the large amount of hit you lose( and to a lesser extent, expertise) by using the t9. The set bonuses really don't account for much.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag