Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: 4xt9 set vs 2xt9+2xt8

Quote Originally Posted by Horn
    Trust him or give us a link. Its within reason that 2pc t8 and 2pc t9 are better than 4pc t9 simple for the fact of the large amount of hit you lose( and to a lesser extent, expertise) by using the t9. The set bonuses really don't account for much.
    Not sure I follow what you're trying to say here. The two pieces I used with my RAWR test for swapping were the hands and legs. T8 hands and T9 legs have expertise. T9 hands and T8 legs have hit. The you could easily sub in 1 piece of gear to accommodate the difference between the two sets. Either way, you will still arrive at the same result. Equipping two pieces of T8 for the 2pc bonus is a DPS loss. Its even a loss when comparing it to using two or three pieces of T9 and forgoing the 4pc bonus.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Its true- Im just saying that adding an extra <0.1% DPS is not worth a lot either (as to skip BiS pieces to obtain the 4ppc T9 bonus)
    I forgot to ask the other day when it was pointed out that you are now a draenei. Have you picked up your 4pc T9 now that its your BiS setup?

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    I forgot to ask the other day when it was pointed out that you are now a draenei. Have you picked up your 4pc T9 now that its your BiS setup?
    Working on it, I have 3/4 pieces but it has brought me drastically under the hit cap- I'm going to use my next set of badges to pick up the ToE ring and replace Ruthlessness (I have too much Expertise as it is and I gain hit), and am hoping to get Ony's helm since it is near identical statwise to the T9 helm- And doesn't suck graphic-wise