New rogue in arenas

I've just recently rerolled a rogue and started arenas the moment I hit 80.. I have 17k hp and about 2.3k AP, playing rogue lock, going 26-23 at 1.5k MMR atm..

Just need some tips and tricks to make myself more viable besides stat-wise, any good rogue-lock tricks or even rogue specific tricks will be greatly appreciated, thanks all.

Re: New rogue in arenas

armory would help
    Most classes spend their entire /played time wondering if they made a difference.
    Paladins don't have that problem.

talking about tricks, use tricks of the trade on the lock =p

Don't have access to wowarmory on mobile =( leetswords from barthilas..

YEAH I KNOW IS BAD, I'M CHANGING IT SOON!

Oh you've got to love my neck

Yeah I know the name is bad* ffs wtb edit on mobile

if ur all sure about gear/weaps i wont mention it.

it's important to (even more at lower tiers of gear) not take much dammage while being agressive and pumping out dammage.

Don't be afraid to use ur cd's, when i go with mage i like going with prep glyph for the extra kick and dismantle.

Reaching 1500mmr 26-23 is decent with the stats ur providing, meaning u probably got some experience for what target to go for and swaps, either that or getting boosted by the lock.

I don't use too many "special tricks" during fights, but saving and using tricks of the trade is pretty important with a lock.
    Focus blind, kick, dismantle and sometimes i use a focus gauge macro. Blind into a full sap can be used in some occations.

Your finishers is ur main source of dammage. I find going with 44-2-25 is best for me (being farmed by warriors with druids/palas for 10-15 matches in a row sometimes... it's a bit loss in dammage and a bit harder to keep the pressure up against some teams, but worth a try.

*Waiting for armory*

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...s&n=Leetswords

There we go.. Yep I'm trying to do all that but my output is almost negligible, just there to hold the target still for the lock atm...

Blind and fear has a DR, and sometimes we miscommunicate, leading to a 6 or even 3 second blind.. Mind you, we are RL buds and do arenas together on our mains too, but it's hard to track DRs.. <--- One of the greatest problems we face..

I don't find gouge very effective going envenom spec, especially with a lock... Sometimes my OH hits and applies deadly before I get to gouge the other un-targetted target, any ways to get around this?

well honestly this isn't burning crusade and you cant get that far in arena (especialy with a double dps comp) with your current gear if you were to farm for deadly and get those 2 weps from H TOC then you could probobly get to 1800 depending on your skill level and ill assume your pretty good.

but i ran mage rogue to the 2100s on ruin bg and really all your there for is to stun lock your target and do the little burst you can cheapshot > mutilate (if you have initiative) > CB evis >Mutilate have the mage freeze him or in your case shadow fury > mutilate evis while having the healer in a crowd control or silenced from his healing tree. also your not doing most of the damage like i said so really just focus kick gouge the healer when you can and keep the person locked up so the lock can cast but, your probobly getting 2 shotted anyway so do what you can =/

sorry for the awful grammar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lascer
    I don't always drink tears, but when i do, i prefer undead's.

Stay feared my friends.

Thanks for the tips, but I tend to focus my lock instead for an easy access ToTT keystroke, have gladius to track but I get lost in the heat of the battle sometimes =P I'll work on keeping cool then...

And how do I do hard switches with an envenom spec? Seems like deadly poison is as much a boost as a hinderance sometimes..

And I'm too lazy to do heroics, afking BGs o.O.. I get carried through NTOC10 everyweek, so hopefully I can get my crimson star next week, grab some more pieces of deadly/furious and rush for 1800 daggers.. Hopefully my daggers can pull me through

Quote Originally Posted by Skultharion
    Thanks for the tips, but I tend to focus my lock instead for an easy access ToTT keystroke, have gladius to track but I get lost in the heat of the battle sometimes =P I'll work on keeping cool then…
    Make a macro that Targets your partner, puts ToTT and then returns to your original target… Hardcode his name if necessary.

Google for it, it’s very easy.

That way, you can use the macro frame (along with its cast bar) to see sheeps/ccs incoming, etc.

Rather than setting your lock as focus.. Use

/cast [target=insertlocknamehere] ToTT

that way there is no need to target him at all, and you can then make use of some of the other [target=focus] macros mentioned earlier

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/8752/caerelia.jpg
    (Sig too large, sorry!)

I play with 2 different locks for 3s and 2s, so I decided to go with a mouseover macro.. RLS is fun stuff

Bump, how do I beat another rogue?