Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: An idea to spice up heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo
    you sir, are retarded.
    this is exactly what blizz fixed in wotlk. the fact that in some cases you had to be entry raid geared to do some heroics which was reeeeetarded since heroics are supposed to be the content you do before you start raiding.
    you sir suck, dont come here because you are a sucky retard with no skill.

Heroics in TBC for us that had skill was fun, to doing even besides raiding BT and Sunwell.

i wish they would lock retards up in the noob asylum. someone call batman.
    R.I.P World of Warcraft 2004-2009 The Casuals whiners finally killed you, one wonders how casuals can overcome reallife, they must cry alot at work and out in the big world, when stuff is to hard and time consuming. Maybe god will helps casual scrubs handle real life? nobody knows.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by RMJ
    you sir suck, dont come here because you are a sucky retard with no skill.

Heroics in TBC for us that had skill was fun, to doing even besides raiding BT and Sunwell.

i wish they would lock retards up in the noob asylum. someone call batman.
    Wait what? I hate being arrogant but are you suggesting it took skill to farm heroics in BT/SWP gear? I nuked those dungeons, alot, and I was a tank so yea, I was the one who infact didn't scale while the other goons did, it was hell and I never want to see that bullcrap again. Granted, that was more related to tanking mechanics than heroic dungeon difficulty.

Also, overreacting much? Heroics in BC, at the start, were overtuned, and I don't mean slightly, I mean by alot. Obviously not all were, some were in line where certain douchebag dungeons were so far above the gear at the time it wasn't even amusing.

Ontopic: I both agree and dissagree, sure last night we did a few heroics for Glory of the Hero funsies (way above that in terms of progression, so it was piss). We nuked Less Rabi in 13seconds, Watch him die in 14seconds, and such, and it wasn't the slightest bit of a challange, but at the same time, it never was. It was simply slower before, it wasn't harder, and even tho I suggested TBC heroics took no skill, at the intended gearlevel those were alot harder than the current WotLK heroics, yet not difficult enough to actually sweat about. This is where I am torn. Sure, you can make Wrath of the Lich King heroics into Burning Crusade heroics, but that will do nothing but hamper the new player, the geared ones will still nuke trough it without much thought.

Or, you can implement a scaling system, which would again only serve to slow it down for no real purpose whatsoever. One can only hope that Cataclysm heroics find a better balance than Burning Crusade and WotLK heroics did.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by det
    hehe..what I want to see is a button that you can CHOOSE to scale with gear. Then check how many just go "sod it..I want a quick badge run".

Just to spite all the whiners who want harder heroics, who talk the talk but don't walk the walk....
    "You can only complete this quest in a Hardmode version of the Instance"???
    Dawwwwwww

would love to see hardmode heroics, they should provide me gear tho, atm im running them with 50% of my gear equipped for a challenge

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington
    thats the most misplaced picture ive seen all week :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Smithsonian View Post
    YOU ACCIDENTALLY THE WHOLE CUP?

Everyone knows you should never any liquids, especially around computers. I keep a wetvac and absorbent towels handy in case I ever any liquids. If I ever coffee though, God help me, call 911 because I have more than computer issues.

TL;DR- Always the whole thing in a safe, dry place.

the problem with the idea of scaling the heroic dungeon with gear is you are making a pretty big assumption - that the heroics are hard in poor gear, from my experience the heroics in wrath have never been hard, have rarely if ever needed CC and people with remarkabley low stats could actually complete them(I mean like 21k hp warrior tanks without being def capped).

so really you'd just be working with bigger numbers for the same crappy loot/badges.

So the easiest option of just equipping gear with lower item-levels did not cross anyone's mind, huh? Of course there would be no "progression" or a gain out of it, because the loot would stay the same, but if you want to run them for fun or as a challange, why care about loot?

I think the biggest problem is that the wotlk heroics were just a bit too easy to start. The TBC heroics were really tough as a fresh 70, but even in T5 they became trivial. The guy that said he still did heroics in SWP/BT days and enjoyed it is either lying or doesn't remember what gear he had. With that gear, it would be exactly like running heroics now.

I think the way it will go in the future is having x number of heroics at launch that will not be difficult, but then adding some each patch that will be of higher difficulty like was done in 3.2 and 3.3. I'm hoping the new 5-mans are a bit more challenging at least. The sunwell 5-man was pretty challenging outside of Sunwell/BT gear if I remember right.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by shadey
    thats the most misplaced picture ive seen all week :P

I hope that helped.

you over geared WOTLK heroics the moment you did naxx... and naxx was easier, well more forgiving, than heroics. (ince you can crutch on 9, or 24 others)

so right now, everybody overgears heroics....
    It's just a game.

I like this idea.
    To solve the problem of 'heroics suddenly easier than supposed to be due to undergeared players', maybe have some values for each boss, per instance, that are the minimum values. So, the heroics would be just as hard for players with lower gear, but get harder for better gear. Only up, not down, basically.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pojodan
    Inscription: Flying Parchment: Similar to Flying Carpet, only it looks like the Constitution