Regarding the hit cap

I'm slowly working my way up to the hit cap. I've essentially bought gems for +hit as I get gear that can accept gems. What I'm wondering is two-fold:

1) In boss fights, I'm not noticing any "miss" notices scrolling by during combat. I'm definitely not at the cap, so I'm wondering if I simply won't see them or that the misses are rare enough that I've simply missed any that have happened.

2) Besides getting whatever +hit gear I can find and gems for +hit, is there another way to get up to the hit cap. I'm only half way there, or a little more than that, and I'm already running into Ulduar.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...xodar&n=Jaltis

Re: Regarding the hit cap

With Suppression you needs to be at 368. Having said this a lot does depend on the composition of your raid and if you can count on Drenai's and Boomkin / Shadow priests always being in your raid. If not (which often happens in my group) then you can eat Hit Food (Snapper Extreme / Worg Tartare), use Hit potions like elixer of accuracy and get Enchant Boots - Icewalker and Enchant Gloves - Precision for extra Hit.

Of course you'll find that the more you progress the less you need to rely on these things until you get to our lovely Tier 9 gear that has very little Hit on.

Here's a rather easy statistics for Hit:

You need...
    - 17% Hit to never miss the boss
    - 14% Hit if you have Suppression (affliction tree)
    - 11% Hit if you have a Moonkin (Improved Fearie Fire, balance tree) or a Shadowpriest (Misery, shadow tree) in your raid
    - 10% Hit if you are Alliance and have a Draenei/Spacecow in your group

If you don't have some of the things listed with you, then you will, of course, need more %-Hit yourself.

But you needn't worry: With Equip comes hit and before you know it you will ask yourself why in god's name they put hit on every stupid item
    At least you should - by the time you got something like 215 Itemlevel average (I know, a long way ahead) you won't need any +Hit-Gems anymore.

I hope that helped.

According to your armory, you have 3/3 suppression in both specs and 10% hit. Being alliance, you don't need any more hit now with a proper setup (draenei in group as well as hit debuff on the boss). Optimizing for non-optimal setups is kind of ridiculous, so you are done now.
    As you probably know for yourself, your gear is far from optimal - in that case, the hit cap is NOT as important as upgrading the worst slots - e.g. going to 9.5% hit but getting an epic item in a former green slot will definitely improve your dps.

Btw, the hit enchantment on gloves is not a good one, try to get rid of it as soon as you get more sockets or another hit item. (Reason: Gloves enchant can be 20 hit or 28 spellpower, alternatively a gem slot means 20 hit or 23 spellpower. So you just throw away 5 spellpower with the enchant if you could gem for hit instead).
    Oh, and get some proper enchantments on the other items as well. Man, I really hope this is your warlock twink :-)
    Proud author of the totally outdated WotLK Affli Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nam
    Man, I really hope this is your warlock twink :-)
    I've been 80 for all of 4 days.

Plus, I'm leveling enchanting, so some of my enchants are off while I do that.