Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: New SW: Pain Glyph ??

I run out of mana on high dmg multi dot fights some times. If I have to use dispersion I am losing DPS, Anyone who regularly uses dispersion to regenerate mana should knock it off right now.

Quote Originally Posted by karezza
    I run out of mana on high dmg multi dot fights some times. If I have to use dispersion I am losing DPS, Anyone who regularly uses dispersion to regenerate mana should knock it off right now.
    Have fun multidotting with your 11 second VT duration.
    I can already imagine that VT all, Sw:P 1 and flay with 4 set bonus will be superior to VT/Sw:P as much as you can.
    And even then, how many multi-dot fights are there in ICC? Gunship and Valithria?
    What Multi-Dot fight still can come? Maybe Blood Council and Arthilidans Frost Elemental Phase...

I've come to understand that 99% of people that post in these forums havent got the slightest clue what they're on about ..

Quote Originally Posted by Weena2
    I've come to understand that 99% of people that post in these forums havent got the slightest clue what they're on about ..
    lolwhut?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    lolwhut?
    Guyz my haste is going to affect dots so means ill have to use moar mana to keep it up, but my mana still wont be an issue. Eg:

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai
    Stupidest glyph ever imo

Quote Originally Posted by Weena2
    Guyz my haste is going to affect dots so means ill have to use moar mana to keep it up, but my mana still wont be an issue. Eg:
    Ah, the joy of clarification.

Options are bad.

Quote Originally Posted by karezza
    Because you never get snobolded.
    Or have downtime when the worms are underground.
    Or Icehowl-stomped.
    Or legion flamed.
    Or running out of an infernal.
    Or trained on champs.
    Or CC'd.
    Or running to change colors on Valks.
    Or soaking orbs on Valks.
    Or a burrow phase on Anub.

And, here's a bit of an FYI, when you've got all your dots ticking away and MB's on cooldown, it's a good time to hit Disperson because all you're losing is 2 mind flays (and some change). Not the most elegant solution, but in the rare fight where there's no runtime or downtime, it gets the job done.

God forbid we use dispersion to regenerate mana.

Not to try to derail this "healthy" discussion on how we are all supposed to play our class.

Just wanted to thank Gimli for answering my inital question on whether or not the Glyph would return mana for each target affected by the dot.

Thank you,
    You may close this thread now

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen
    With the PTR premade and about 16% haste i didn't run out of mana on the target dummy with just shadowfiend and no sw glyph.
    Raidbuffed you will get how much haste? 8% ? Count in Sdk, sdw and mdw and be happy with more mana regeneration than the 8% haste will increase your usage.
    How about the icecrown gear? You will get another 10% haste, so maybe after you got fully geared in your icecrown gear, the sw glyph could be something to consider, but on normal mode bosses will drop so fast, that you won't notice a difference.....
    Hardmodes? Survive more often to a big bad nuke with Dispersion glyph, yes! With sw glyph? No!
    How about the multi target fights? Gunship Battle? Valithria? Use your dispersion when there are just a non/few adds up.
    You're not dpsing properly then... currently on live I go oom around 220 seconds at full DPS burn. If I had 17% hasted dots that would be a hell of a lot quicker.

There have been many reports of going oom a lot quicker on the PTR, id like to see your screenshots of time in combat along with your casts per second coz I dont believe you can be at max dps burn and be able to never go oom.

I really don't understand why they don't just build haste affecting dots into the core game mechanics.

Like Shadow Form's tooltip needed to be any longer.

I think it's almost time for Blizzard to buckle down and take a serious look at not only the Shadow Tree, but Shadow Form itself, and really ask the question, "WTF is this spec anyways"

Right now, the entire tree is just becoming more messy with each patch and expansion.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow
    I really don't understand why they don't just build haste affecting dots into the core game mechanics.
    I think you missed the part where they said they're thinking about it, but wanted to test it out with a few DoTs (all of Shadow, plus Corruption) and a single HoT (Rejuvenation); it is a plan, but not one that they're destined to rush into. Blizzard can be foolhardy, but playing it safe is probably better.

Like Shadow Form's tooltip needed to be any longer.
    It's a running joke, but you deal with it. Moonkin Form is still longer.

I think it's almost time for Blizzard to buckle down and take a serious look at not only the Shadow Tree, but Shadow Form itself, and really ask the question, "WTF is this spec anyways"
    This spec is a Damage over Time based DPS spec.

Right now, the entire tree is just becoming more messy with each patch and expansion.
    And go back to being demigods in PvP but shit on for PvE? Or how about TBC-beta (or was it alpha) when they gave you a heal (Dark Mending). The tree is fine. Your pointless tears are watering it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Or how about TBC-beta (or was it alpha) when they gave you a heal (Dark Mending).
    Oh my, I've never heard of this before ! Fancy elaborating a bit more, I'm intrigued ! :P

Oh my, I've never heard of this before ! Fancy elaborating a bit more, I'm intrigued !
    It has been a while so my memory is a bit fuzzy, but if I recall correctly, it (Dark Mending) was Shadow Priest 51 points talent in beta- BC that is a FH castable in shadowform. Later it got replaced by Dispersion.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia
    It has been a while so my memory is a bit fuzzy, but if I recall correctly, it (Dark Mending) was Shadow Priest 51 points talent in beta- BC that is a FH castable in shadowform. Later it got replaced by Dispersion.
    Not quite right. In beta BC, we had dark mending which was a heal we could use in shadow form. It got replaced by Vampiric Touch, not Dispersion. Dispersion was in WOTLK.